The First Encounter

See the Light

Jinyoung though pissed off by the guy he asked a while ago decided to look for another person to ask for directions. There he met Im Jaebum, well he is more known as JB. He is the top 1 student of JYP University (3rd Year). He is considered as one of the “hottest guys” in the campus, acknowledged for being intelligent, handsome, talented, and rational person in the university. Others also believed that he is almost perfect because he also came from a chaebol family and expected to be the next heir of their corporation.

                Jinyoung slowly approached JB, “Annyeong Haseyo! May I know where the director’s office is? It’s my first time to be here so I’m not yet familiar with the university.”

              JB stared amusingly on the boy, he’s shocked by Jinyoung’s looks and these thoughts struck his head. “Oh my gosh! I’ve never seen someone like him. He’s so good looking… and his smile is just so perfect. He’s like an angel!”

                “Excuse me? Can you hear me? Uhh? Do you know it?” Jinyoung said and he’s slightly confused by JB’s action.

                JB got out of his thoughts. “Oh I’m sorry. Uhm… Just go to the 7th floor of this building, turn right and you’ll find the director’s office.”

                “Oh I think I can find it easily because of your help. Kamsahamnida!”  Jinyoung replied while giving his deadly smile to JB.

                JB is flustered and stuttering. “Oh… okk… okaay! You’re welcome! I should go now I have to attend my class.”

                “Ok. Thanks again chingu-ya!” Jinyoung smiled at JB while waving his hands.

                JB still flustered has gone to attend his class as he uttered to himself, “I should have asked his name first before leaving! Aish! Damn he’s so cute.”

                                                                                **************

                “Oh. I think this is the director’s office.” Jinyoung knocked on the door and slowly walked inside the room.

                “Annyeong Haseyo! Director…” Jinyoung looked around the room and saw the name of the director on his desk. “Ommo! We have the same name. Hahaha. What a coincidence! I hope I can get along with him.” He thought.

                “Oh. What brings you here? Have a seat.” Mr. Director said while smiling at Jinyoung.

                “Uhm… Mr. Director, I’m the one who received a scholarship program offer from the university yesterday. I’m Park Jinyoung.”

                “Oh so your that famous guy? You won the 1st place in the national singing competition right? Oh and we have the same name! Hahahahaha.”

                “Ah yes Mr. Director. Hehehe.”

                “But based from what I heard from others, you also reject the good offers from other famous universities? What made you to accept this offer?”

                “My parents were very happy about it director. They really want me to attend this university.”

                “So it’s your parents’ decision after all? Are you happy about it? Or did you just pushed yourself to this?”

                “As long as my parents are happy, I’m happy too director.”

                “Oh! What a good person! I guess it really runs through our name. Hahahaha.”

                “I guess so director. Hehehe.”

                “Ok let me have your documents so it can be processed early. You can transfer here by next week. Make sure you already packed your things. By the way, do you already know our education system here?”

                “I haven’t heard the whole thing yet, director. I’m just oriented about the dormitories. They said that I have to live in the dormitories inside this school and we will not be allowed to go out unless it’s our vacation.”

                “Uhm yes that’s right, so better be prepared to endure the pain of not having your family with you.”

                “I already thought about that director.”

                “And every year level has 5 sections. Section 1 is the highest section and section 5 is the lowest. Only those who got good brains and/or those who were granted a scholarship program can go to section 1. I examined your report cards and you have good grades huh? Hehehe. You really deserved to be in this university Jinyoung. You got the scholarship and good grades. I think section 1 professors will really like you.”

                “I hope so director. I just want to give my best until I can graduate to this university.”

                “By the way you’re in your third year right? Did you know that we only allocate 3 slots for scholarship in 3rd year? Wow! You’re such a lucky guy!”

                “Ah yes I’m 3rd year director. Wow! I’ve never heard about that. I guess I’m really lucky. Well, director I’m going now.”

                Jinyoung was about to leave the office when the director called him. “Jinyoung-ah! I know you’re a great student. I’m really looking forward to your performance in this school. By the way just call me hyung ok?”

                “Mr. Director I guess it’s not good to call you like that. Students and professors might find it too rude. I’m sorry I can’t…” Jinyoung’s statements were cut off by the director. “Of course not! I’m the one who told you to call me like that so don’t mind the others ok?”

                Jinyoung being amazed how cool the director was, has agreed and thanked the director. “Hyung thanks for this cool welcome. I really felt glad about this.”

                And he left the university with a contented heart.

                                                                                **************

                “Eomma! Appa! I’m here” Jinyoung exclaimed excitedly.

                “Oh Jinyoung-ah. I’m glad you’re here already.” His mom said while hugging Jinyoung.

                “Eomma, the university is really great. I guess I will have a good stay there.”

                “Oh that’s good to hear. By the way did you have dinner already? Let’s eat now.”

                “Right timing eomma! I haven’t eaten anything yet… Hahahaha. I guess I will eat a lot now.”

                Jinyoung and his parents ate their dinner together. They were smiling and chatting about random things when Jinyoung started to make things serious.

                “Eomma, appa. I’ll be leaving by next week and I will be spending my days in the school dorm. I hope you’ll take care of yourselves while I’m there.”

                Jinyoung mom started to cry. “I’ve never thought that this day would come. I… I… I just want you to be happy son… so enjoy you’re stay there. Don’t think too much about us, we’ll be fine as long as we know that you’re okay.”

                Jinyoung’s father also gave his words to his son. “Just give your best in that university and I know for sure that you’ll be able to get what you want in the future. Eomma and appa we’ll always be here to support you. Hwaiting Jinyoungie!~”

                And they shared warm hugs with each other. No one can express how emotional that night was. Until the day that Jinyoung will leave came.

                “Eomma, appa. I will go now. Please take care of yourselves ok? I will miss you.” Jinyoung uttered those words as he sobs.

                “We will miss you too son, just call us if you have time so that we can still feel each other’s presence okay?”, Jinyoung’s mom trying to hold her tears.

                “Okay. I will. Eomma, appa Saranghae~.” Jinyoung’s last words as he left his parents.

                                                                                **************

                Jinyoung already reached JYP University and the first thing that came into his mind is to find his room. “So as from what the staff said, my room is 301 and it is on the 3rd floor. Okay. So I guess I’m here already.” Jinyoung opened the door and carried his luggage inside, there he saw his roommate. Jinyoung is quite surprised because he thought that each room will be having only one person. “Annyeong! Uhm I guess you’re my roommate? (Slightly confused) I’m Park Jinyoung, you can call me Jinyoung if you want. Is it ok to know your name roommate?” Jinyoung said while smiling at the boy. The boy is amazed by the friendly aura released by Jinyoung’s presence. “I’m Kim Yugyeom, maybe you’re the transferee that the director’s talking about right? It’s nice to meet you. Your bed is there, you can just put your things there for a while because you might miss our first class.”

                Kim Yugyeom is quite timid, he prefers doing things alone. He barely socializes with other students in the school. It can also be inferred from his personality that he just talks to few people. Like Jinyoung, he is also a scholar of the university. He came to the university during his 1st year. He was recruited by JYP when he won the 2nd place in the national house dance competition. He is really known for being hardworking that’s why he improve faster than the others. Despite of his shy-type personality he still tries to show kindness to people around him.

                “Uhm. I know it’s quite inappropriate to ask this but I’ll ask you anyway, Uhm… I thought that each room is allotted for one person only? Ah don’t get me wrong it’s not that I don’t want to share this room with you… But this is what I’ve heard from the people outside the university.” Jinyoung asked nicely.

                Yugyeom smirked at Jinyoung’s question, “Well, the reality is 2 persons for each room for common people like us. One person per room is only true to those who are super privileged. If you know what I mean…”

                “Ah do you mean the children of chaebol?”

                “Yes. When I first came here I also thought that I will have my own room, but then my sunbae told me the same thing. Anyway you don’t have to worry I will not bother you because I also prefer to do things alone.”

                Jinyoung was worried about Yugyeom’s words so he had to ease the atmosphere between them. “Chingu-ya. It’s not like that huh? I just want to ask because I don’t know. I hope you’re not angry. Hehehe. I prefer to do things with you and I hope you’ll allow me to. Okay?” Jinyoung winked at Yugyeom. Yugyeom was flustered by Jinyoung’s act. It was first time for him to see someone as friendly as Jinyoung and at the same time he was happy because he was already considered by Jinyoung as his friend at their first encounter.

                Yugyeom just nodded, trying not to show his emotions. “Well I’ll be leaving first because I don’t want to be late.” But Jinyoung already read his emotions, “Okay. See you chingu!”

                Jinyoung put his stuffs on the side of his bed and decided to arrange it after his class. He was already walking in the hallway when he remembered something. “Aigoo! I hope I will not be at the same class of that arrogant jerk. I can still remember the way he ignored me! I’m really pissed as if I want to rip him into pieces! Aish! Well is he a student here? I hope he’s not.” Then he finally reached his classroom. He’s not late but the teacher arrived earlier than him.

                “Good Morning Ma’am! I’m sorry. Am I late? I thought the class starts at 8am but…” Jinyoung confused at the moment.

                “No it’s alright I just arrived earlier than you, you’re not late Park Jinyoung.” said by his professor while doing unnecessary aegyo.

                It is obvious for the whole class that their professor is already captivated by Jinyoung. Jinyoung’s look is really stunning as if you we’re staring at a perfect creature. His tall and well toned body made him so noticeable by his classmates and even other people who happened to meet him.

                “Okay. Introduce yourself now.” The professor uttered with a cute voice. Though Jinyoung felt awkward by that “warm welcome” he still stood in front and managed to introduce himself. “Annyeong Haseyo! I’m Park Jinyoung, you can call me Jinyoung instead. Nice to meet you guys.”

                The whole class was stunned. Everyone was whispering when the teacher yelled, “Hey guys stop murmuring! Our Jinyoungie will feel uncomfortable if you do that!” The class was put into silence and the professor finds the most comfortable seat for Jinyoung. “Hey, my Jinyoungie! Seat here I know you’ll be comfortable here.” Jinyoung’s seat was in the first row located in the center. Apparently, his professor chose that seat so Jinyoung can be close enough in her sight. Although Jinyoung felt awkward he still chose to be obedient, it’s his professor after all. After he sat on his chair, he looked around his new classroom. Everything was so foreign to him. Well, he saw some familiar faces like Yugyeom, his roommate and JB though he still didn’t know his name. However, he was so surprised when he looked at the corner of their room. Why? There he finds a very familiar face! “WHAT THE… I’ve never thought that I’ll be sharing my class with that… WITH THAT JERK! Heol… WHAT’S HAPPENING..!” (TBC)

                                                                                **************

A/N: It took me a while to update. I hope my story is okay, so far. By the way I edited some stuffs in my story like the school, it will a performing arts school and Jinyoung’s competition will no longer be TENNIS; it will be a singing competition. I just want to point out those things so you will not be misled (Just re-read chap 1 if you want :P). If you have some suggestions and comments to improve my story (specially my writing skills lol) don’t hesitate, just do it nicely. Hahahaha. I’ve revealed two important characters in this chapter and I’ll be revealing the others as the story goes on. I hope it stirred your interest. Thank you for reading. Have a nice day! (PS: I’m already working on my cover :P)

Sorry for my non-stop plugging. :D I’m seethelightxx96, frustrated newbie writer from the outer space. I don’t know if my stories are interesting but I do hope that it is. I wanna hear your feedbacks. I hope you’ll leave some comments for me (R&R). Thanks! You may also visit my linked accounts for some updates and queries (AsianFanFictions: seethelightxx96 (https://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view/1418632) // Tumblr: seethelightxx96.tumblr.com // AskFM: ask.fm/seethelightxx96 // Twitter: twitter.com/seethelightxx96 // Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/seethelightxxninetysix)