Part 003

The Teddy Bear and Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

“Yah, do you like her?” Changkyun jumped when he heard the voice and turned around in annoyance.

 

Wonho grinned and repeated the question again.

 

Changkyun choked on his water and uttered a ‘who’, to which his hyung just raised his eyebrows.

 

“Please. You've been staring at her for months like a creep.”

 

“I'm not a creep.” Changkyun protested but was immediately reminded of how just a moment ago, he was blatantly staring at Seon Yi from his spot at the counter.

 

“So do you like her?”

 

“Huh? No! She's just a great friend.” Changkyun replied but there was this tiny tiny voice at the back of his head that told him that he was stretching it a bit far from the truth.

--

“What did you say?” Changkyun asked in shock, his eyes wide.

 

“She's going on a blind date with my friend.”

 

“Who the hell goes for bind dates nowadays?” Changkyun frowned.

 

“Okay, maybe not a blind date, but anyway she's going to meet my friend.”

 

“Why?!”

 

“What why. She can make new friends.”

 

Changkyun only frowned even more. He knew Wonho’s friend, that Hyungwon. The guy was too handsome for his own good and Changkyun was worried, for some odd reason. He wanted to say she didn't need new friends, but it sounded too selfish. So he said nothing. But in his brain, Changkyun really wanted to stop this meeting.

---

Changkyun was questioning his sanity.

 

Of course, Wonho had to arrange the meeting at the restaurant. And from the moment she stepped in, Changkyun had never let his eyes leave her. When he realised this fact, Changkyun had tried to look away and actually do his job but then he found out that this was easier said than done.

 

At some point, Wonho had just manually maneuvered Changkyun into an empty seat so that he wouldn't cause any more mishaps in the kitchen. He wasn't going to risk breaking any more cups and plates.

 

And since then, Changkyun’s eyes never left Seon Yi.

---

Changkyun ruffled his hair in frustration.

 

After Hyungwon had left, Seon Yi had loitered around to talk to Wonho and Changkyun tried to finish his job. Because after all, he was a little bit comforted that Seon Yi hadn't flash that radiant smile of hers to the other guy. Yes, Changkyun actually stayed in the empty seat for the entire ‘date’ of hers.

 

Changkyun could hear mumbles from his position at the kitchen and he tried to move faster so that he could actually have a reason to go out and sit down with the people outside.

---

“She's gone?” Changkyun asked and Wonho didn't fail to notice that Changkyun’s voice had went up a pitch.

 

“Yeah.” Wonho spoke, trying to hide the smile when he saw Changkyun’s stricken face. If anything, Changkyun looked kinda cute now as he dried his hands on the towel frantically.

 

“She's like really gone?”

 

“Yeah, I sent her home since there's still stuff to be done. I don't want her to wait too long.”

 

“Oh. Yeah, sure, um..actually I wanted to tell you this earlier but I have something on too.” Changkyun blubbered, already taking off his apron.

 

“Suddenly?”

 

“Yeah.” And Changkyun left the next second before Wonho even had the time to respond.

 

“That kid.”

---

“Seon Yi-ah!” Changkyun called and thanked the fact that his legs were much longer than that of Seon Yi so that he could catch up with her.

 

“Yeah?”

 

“I-I just wanted to walk you home. It's late.”

 

“Aren't you busy?”

Please log in to read the full chapter