Part 001

The Teddy Bear and Me
Please log in to read the full chapter

The group sat at a large table at the middle of the restaurant, making noise that was enough to match the noise level at times where the restaurant was busy. All of them wore casual clothes but it was obvious that they were all students. The empty restaurant was filled with only high-pitched laughter and even the boys’ laughter managed to turn out high pitched. Changkyun watched intently as the group of students finished their meal, ready to clean up as soon as he could so that the restaurant can close for the day.

 

But to his surprise, and maybe annoyance, the group still hadn't left after half an hour and Changkyun shifted his feet impatiently behind the counter. It was fifteen minutes before the restaurant was suppose to close but at this rate, closing at 10pm would prove to be impossible. With nothing better to do, except to try to look for his missing co-worker, Changkyun decided that he’ll just stare at the group and hopefully they’ll leave. He let out a sigh that was barely audible but to his surprise, a girl from the left corner of the table looked up at him.

The girl looked at him, meeting his eyes and immediately looked back down. To his amusement, the girl flipped her phone around for awhile, then he watched as she closed her eyes, mumbling something under her breath before pulling her chair backward to give her space to stand.

Changkyun watched as the girl tried to get the table to calm down from their hype. It was quite a funny sight to be honest. The girl had stood up but her added height did nothing to help her command any attention. He watched as the girl tried a few times but eventually she gave up and sat back down. The girl spared a glance at Changkyun and blushed visually when she realised Changkyun was looking at her before looking back down, not even passing Changkyun a glance for the next fifteen minutes the group was there.

 

Eventually, Changkyun’s co-worker walked back in and they managed to get the group of students to move out of the restaurant and Hyungwon couldn't help but smile when the girl mumbled a ‘sorry’ as she passed.

---

For the next few days, the group of people came in at different timings in smaller groups back to the restaurant. But somehow, Changkyun always felt disappointed when he saw that the girl wasn't with them.

 

Finally, on the fifth day (Changkyun didn't know why he counted but he did), the girl came back in alone. He stood at the counter and watched as she stared at the menu for a long time before ordering.

 

Afterwards, Changkyun watched as she settled herself at the corner booth and brought out her laptop. When her food came, her smile was so radiant that Changkyun felt himself smiling a little too. At first, Changkyun thought she would stay even after she finished her food to do whatever she was doing on her laptop. But to his disappointment, the girl stood up from the table and hugged her laptop to her chest. Before she exited the restaurant, the girl flashed another smile at his co-worker Wonho before leaving.

 

When he saw the special attention his co-worker got, Changkyun suddenly felt a little annoyed but he parked that as annoyance for the fact that the girl didn't even acknowledge him even though they met before. Of course, it was a bit far fetched, but Changkyun left it as that regardless.

---

The third time Changkyun saw her was when he passed the restaurant after his night

Please log in to read the full chapter