Lion wakes up from slumber

Of Yodas and Squirrels
Please log in to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung sighed as she turned the page of her activity book. Exam week was coming up and she had to study, along with the other maknaes of TWICE.

          Due to that and their regular schedule, the three were considerably tired out. Chaeyoung’s outgoing personality has been diminished. Dahyun was sleeping more often, and snapping unexpectedly at the other dorm mates (“there’s an ahjussi in Chaeyoung and Tzuyu’s room,” the others would whisper quietly as they pass by). And Tzuyu was becoming increasingly quiet and unresponsive.

          She didn’t have time to worry about the others. Perhaps after the exams were done, they could all go out and celebrate. She sighed tiredly and decided to hit the hay.

          Murmured voices woke Chaeyoung up, and she blinked blearily under the covers, inwardly cursing herself for being such a light sleeper. She peeked out under the covers, allowing light to seep in her tired eyes. At the other side of the room, from where she was, she could make out the bundled form of Dahyun. Sleeping soundly.

          She turned her eyes to Tzuyu’s bed, where the source of light was coming from. Tzuyu had her lamp on. Was she studying? Wait, that is where the murmuring is coming from. Chaeyoung squinted. She could make out the willowy form of her roommate, hair glowing from the lamplight. There was another person with her.

          With a jolt, Chaeyoung realized it was Sana. Both were facing each other on the bed talking. As her eyes adjusted to the light, she noted the strewn notebooks, textbooks, and a laptop with the screensaver on, on Tzuyu’s bed covers.

          “-worried for tomor

Please log in to read the full chapter