Already

Press it

After a short time of happiness, something has changed. Taemin and his boyfriend started education at the university. They chose different majors and had less time for themselves. They saw each other very rarely, too rarely for Taemin to bear.


“I can't tell him how I feel, Jisoo. It's his dream to become a lawyer. He needs to study, I won't bother him with such a trivial thing...”


“Taemin, what are you talking about?! It's totally fine you miss him and he should understand you'd like to meet him more often...”


But Taemin wasn't listening. He didn't want to be a burden. And he wasn't a child anymore. He had to start taking care of himself. By himself. He shouldn't expect Him to appear every time he felt uneasy. Not anymore. They were adults. Each of them had their own plans...

 

The thoughts planted a seed in Taemin's mind. It grew fast and covered all the positivity he maintained during his relationship.


Jisoo didn't ask anymore, she didn't try to prove Taemin wrong. She begged. She was in pain looking at Taemin, at these empty eyes and soulless expression. She made him talk with his boyfriend.
           

Taemin woke up early and got ready for classes. It was a springtime. The trees were blooming and the sun was warming people's faces. It was going to be okay, wasn't it?


He arrived to the university and went through the student's park. His boyfriend was having
a break. Taemin saw him standing under the tree. He wasn't alone. Taemin didn't know the girl his boyfriend was talking with. It hurt. But why did it hurt? It's perfectly normal he had his own friends.


“I'm not going to tell him now,” thought Taemin, „I have to meet him somewhere else.”
But he couldn't wait for too long. In the evening he made a phone call.

 
“Hi.”

 

“Hi, what's up? Shall we meet tomorrow? I have something to show you. Did you hear about the last comeback of this rock band…”


“We should live together”, Taemin interrupted.


“What? What did you say?”


“We should live together”, Taemin repeated slowly.

 

“But where? Why do you say it all of a sudden? Something happened?”

 

“If you don't want to...”


“No! It's not like that, of course I do. You just surprised me. Well... It is possible. We can look for  an apartment.”
           

Soon, a small flat on the first floor became occupied by two young men. Since their parents were wealthy, they had everything they needed. The flat was modern, yet very cozy. There was a big bedroom, a small kitchen and a dining room with a balcony. Taemin decided to decorate the windowsills with lots of plants.
           
“It's for you,” Taemin pointed at a small package lying on the table.


“What is it?”, he asked while unwrapping the present. “Perfume? Do I smell badly?”, he covered his mouth and laughed.
 

“I was in the shopping center and decided to buy something for your birthday. This scent... It reminds me of you.”


“It's indeed very pretty,” the boy laughed again, „Thank you”.

He kissed Taemin's cheek.
 

He hugged him and whispered something in his ear. Taemin smiled and kissed his boyfriend’s  lips. Then he started ing his shirt.

 

It felt like a dream. Taemin wanted to keep every single memory forever. He would remind himself every day all the little actions, conversations and smiles he shared with Him before falling asleep.