Soldier

Press it

“I will protect you at all cost. You don't have to be afraid to lose me. Please, trust me. I won't hurt you,” he said.
 

But it was too difficult for Taemin to understand.

 

“I hate myself so much.”
 

“I know. I know you do. It doesn't matter. I still love you.”


Taemin was crying so hard he gasped and felt a heavy lack of words.

 

“As always,” he thought, “whenever I have so much to say my head becomes so empty... I feel guilty and helpless…”


“Please, don't struggle,” He said as if he could read Taemin's mind, “I understand. You are tired. I'm going to leave now. I want to be by your side and take away at least a little bit of your burden, to beat at least half of your demons.”


Taemin listened to him and nodded. He'd like to show he really wanted it to happen, but was too awkward to admit it with words.


“And don't get me wrong, I don't want to be with you, because you need help. You are such
a wonderful person, you just can't see it. You are the most precious human being I know. I love you.”
His eyes were already wet. He turned his head away, so Taemin couldn't see it.

 

“I'm going home. See you tomorrow.”
           
Since that day Taemin started to slowly believe he was worth being loved. He would spend all his time with Him. The days in high school weren't to gloomy anymore. Everything was easier. Teachers weren't so scary anymore. He wouldn't get a rapid heartbeat so often. He wasn't cured, though. But his life was different.
Even during panic attacks, he wanted to live. He would get hugged and kissed on the forehead.
 

“It's alright, baby. I love you,” he would hear anytime his mood would drop so low, in the past it would mean hours spend on crying on the floor.


Taemin wasn’t so overwhelmed by the world anymore. He had a soldier, who would protect him at all cost.