Chapter Two

Love Is Not Blind

Jinki remained frozen, staring at the male in front of him. 

"I-I..." Jinki stammered not knowing what to do. Quickly he reached for his books and cane that had slid across the floor. The teen was already on his feet, holding out his hand expectantly.

"I'm sorry I should have been looking at where I was going," he apologized placing the cane in his hand.

The male simply smiled warmly. "Thanks, you have no idea how much of a pain it would have been to look for it on my own. It's really slippery." He placed the end of the cane on the floor to demonstrate.

Jinki couldn't help but feel embarrassment for his actions and the other male seemed to sense it. With his free hand he stuck out his hand. "I'm Kim Jonghyun. Nice to meet you."

"Lee Jinki." He responded thankful for the sudden shift of atmosphere. He took the time to look over the shorter, probably younger, male in front of him. 

"Are you on your way to class?"

Jinki looked down at his watch and sighed. He was already ten minutes late to the first day of his new class. "I was but I'm late." A sudden thought dawned on Jinki and he looked at Jonghyun cautiously. "Do you umm, you know, need help getting to your class?"

Almost immediately he feared he'd sounded inconsiderate and began to apologize. "I'm sorry I didn't mean it like that I'm sure you know your way around and I'm just being stupid and-"

Jonghyun let out a chuckle, clearly not bothered at all. "What class do you have?"

Looking down at his paper Jinki read his schedule aloud. "It's my first day in this class. Arranging 1 Room 132."

Jinki watched as Jonghyun smiled wider. "We have the same class. I'll lead you since it's your first day."

Jinki wanted to tell him it was fine but Jonghyun quickly reached out his hand and grabbed him by the arm. They walked together in silence, Jonghyun occasionally muttering something about an excuse before they reached a door. Room 132.

It was clear Jonghyun was familiar with the Music department but that didn't stop Jinki from wondering how it was possible for him to remember everything so well. It was as if he could see everything.

"Are you nervous?"

Jinki was brought back from his thoughts by Jonghyun who was watching him, or more like looking at his general direction. "I'm fine. Let's go in."

Opening the door they walked into an almost full class; students immediately turned their heads to see who had come in late and Jinki felt himself get more nervous.

"Sorry we're late Professor Song. I was helping the new student find the class."

A few people looked at Jinki curiously. Did he really need help from someone blind?

"That's fine. Take your seat Jonghyun. As for the new student please show me your schedule."

Jinki watched as Jonghyun made his way through the rows and to his desk without a problem before walking towards the professor. "Lee Jinki?" He nodded and waited as the professor looked for his seat. "Have a seat next to Minho. Minho please raise your hand."

From the back of the class a tall, and definitely good looking, student raised his hand. Jinki thanked the teacher before rushing over to this seat, ignoring the eyes that followed him. He was thankful when the professor continued his introduction of the class.

"This course is a study of the musical concepts of melody, rhythm, harmony, and form as applied to the principles and techniques of writing and arranging..."

As usual the perfect straight A student Jinki was busy writing down everything. He knew it wasn't important information but having it written down helped him feel like he was doing things right.

"Hey."

A whisper caught his attention and he turned to look at the student next to him. 

"I'm Minho. Nice to meet you."

Jinki made sure no one was looking at them before replying. "Jinki. Nice to meet you too."

Minho nodded before asking another question. "Are you friends with Jonghyun?"

"I bumped into him this morning and he helped me find the class. Are you friends?"

Once again Minho nodded before looking down at his papers and pretending to be in thought. Jinki guessed the professor was looking at them and copied Minho. "We're childhood friends. I've never seen you around so I was curious."

Jinki wasn't exactly sure how to reply so he gave a soft hum before returning his attention to the front of the class. 

-

"I heard you took out a blind person today."

Jinki let out a groan as Key looked at him expectantly. "Well?"

"It was an accident."

"What was an accident?" Taemin asked joining his friends at the off campus sandwich shop for lunch. 

"Jinki attacked an innocent blind student this morning," Key replied taking a bite of his food.

"Shut up Kibum."

"Am I in trouble? My birth name huh?" Key asked in mock offense as he watched Jinki grow more irritated. 

"So what actually happened?" Taemin asked getting in between the two. He was hungry and definitely not in the mood for the two to argue.

"I was rushing to get to class and I accidentally bumped into a student." Jinki explained still glaring at Key.

"And he was blind?" 

"Unfortunately yes."

"You said he helped you to class?" Key asked finally serious.

"I'm guessing he's majoring in music because he knew his way around." Jinki replied thinking back to the way Jonghyun had led him around with a confident smile.

"Name?"

"Jonghyun. Have you heard of him?"

Both Taemin and Key stopped eating to think before shaking their heads.

"Well at least you have a friend in the class."

Silence followed as they focused on their food. Key and Taemin were soon busy talking about their next class and Jinki was left thinking about when he'd see Jonghyun again.