Chapter 5

Different Is Good... Right?

Namjoon sat in front of his house as he saw an older man walk out of Hoseok’s house. “Is that his dad?” Namjoon asked quietly to himself. Just then Hoseok slowly stepped out of the door and stood there for a good minute before taking another step but then fell as his legs gave out.


“Hoseok let's go! I'm not waiting for you!” His father screamed from the car. Namjoon stood up and ran towards Hoseok.


“Hobi are you okay?” Namjoon asked softly as he tried to get Hoseok up. The boy in pain looked at him with horror.


“Namjoon!?” Hoseok almost yelled but kept himself quiet so his dad wouldn't hear. “Leave! I don't want you to get in trouble…” Hoseok whispered while Namjoon looked at him weirdly.


“In trouble? No one would do anything to me.” Namjoon smiled reassuringly as Hoseok tried to get up and get to the car before his father left and decided to beat the out of him later. 


“Hoseok! I'm leaving. Have your friend give you a ride!” His stepfather yelled as he drove away making Hoseok’s stomach sink.


“No…” Hoseok whispered and started to tear up making Namjoon startled.


“What's wrong?” Namjoon asked.


“He's going to ing beat the out of me!” Hoseok screamed and sobbed as he pushed Namjoon away. Namjoon fell to the ground in shock as he took in the boy's words.


“He beats you?” Namjoon asked. Hoseok stared at him with a ‘are you serious’ face.


“Why do you think I'm always limping or always uncomfortable or why I have these” he lifted his shirt up to show a splatter painting of bruises and cuts, “all over my ing body!” Hoseok was mad now. He was furious at himself for letting Namjoon get this close, he hated that his real father died, and that his stepfather's an . 


“Hobi!” A girl screamed. As she ran towards him. “What happened?” Hoseok's sister asked as she kneeled next to him.


“No I'm not. That is going to kill me tonight!” Hoseok sobbed. Namjoon stood up and pulled Hoseok with him.


“Sorry but we still need to get to school. Talk about it on the ride there.” Namjoon spoke sternly making the siblings stare at him weirdly.


“Whatever… I guess I'll live peacefully until he picks me up…” Hoseok sighed as his sister hugged him goodbye and gave Namjoon a pleading look.


They were in Namjoon’s car driving to the school when Namjoon noticed Hoseok wasn't as uncomfortable today.


“He didn't hurt you as much as the night prior right? You don't look as uncomfortable.” Namjoon commented as Hoseok sighed.


“No. He didn't do anything last night thank god. But the day prior he had and beated me until I was bleeding and then ed me right before school and told me to have a plug in all day… It was horrible. I think it was the worst of them all.” Hoseok said quietly. “But I have a feeling tonight will be just as worse.” Namjoon frowned.


“I'm not letting you go back there.” Namjoon said sternly. Hoseok shook his head slowly.


“He'd hurt my sister and my mom. I couldn't leave them.” Hoseok sighed. Namjoon let a hand rest on Hoseok’s leg.


“Have your mom and sister stay at my house then if you're worried. I'll call my mom today. And you can tell them to just go over as soon as possible with their necessary items and yours as well.” Namjoon said as he lightly the smaller boys thigh lovingly.


“Why are you so nice when we've just met? Like I'm pretty sure you hated me…” Hoseok said softly. 


“True… I didn't like you at first because I thought of you as my competition, but after hanging out with you. You're like a ball of sunshine that lights up my world. And I know it sounds gay and all but you are my sunshine.” Namjoon smiled as Hoseok giggled.


“You are my sunshine. My only sunshine. You make me happy when skies are gray. You never know dear, how much I love you. Please don't take my sunshine away.” Hoseok lightly sang as he laughed at himself.


“Awe you're just so cute Hobi.” Namjoon laughed at the song as Hoseok blushed.


“Ha! No…” Hoseok laughed as they pulled up to the school. 


~inside the lobby~


WinWin sat by himself at a table near the main office with his head down sniffing once in awhile trying to hide his tears. Taeyong and Yugyeom walked into the lobby heading to their regular meeting place for Frat, but heard the rather loud sob that escaped WinWin’s throat. Taeyong looked up and noticed the little Chinese boy rest his head in his arms on a table. 


“Is that WinWin?” Taeyong asked Yugyeom who looked over towards the table and shrugged.


“Why isn't he with Soro?” Chanyeol asked he and Donghae walked up from behind them. Taeyong shrugged. Donghae frowned as he noticed the boy shake once again before another sob loudly slapped the air. 


“Let's check on him…” Donghae whispered, just as Hyunwoo and Junhui joined them. Donghae slowly walked up to WinWin and sat down across from the boy. “WinWin, are you okay?” Donghae didn't know what to ask the boy. WinWin looked up with tears rolling down his cheeks breaking all of Frat’s hearts by just watching. Taeyong walked up to the boy and placed a hand on his back.


“Do I look okay to you?” WinWin whispered in Mandarin making Junhui lean onto the table.


“Is this about yesterday?” Junhui asked softly in Mandarin. WinWin shook his head.


“No, well yes and no.” WinWin sighed. Junhui watch the boy letting him continue. “Jongin still hates me and Minhyuk hasn't spoken to me either and Jongin was supposed to pick me up this morning but he didn't and I walked and –” WinWin cut himself off as he choked on a sob and balled into his arms. 


“What happened while you were walking to school Sicheng?” Junhui said in hurry forgetting to speak in Mandarin and accidentally spoke in Korean. All of Frats eyes widen as they looked at the boy for any marks or bruises. 


“This… This group of people saw me walking and they asked me ‘if I was asking for what's coming’ and I'm not great at understanding Korean and so I said ‘what’ and they just laughed and pulled me into an alley…” WinWin choked on another sob as he felt Taeyong’s strong hands on his back.


“What did they do to you Sicheng?” Taeyong asked as softly as he could since his jaw was clenched. WinWin looked up at him with sad eyes.


“They said I was a dirty and I deserve what they did…” WinWin spoke shakily. He then lifted up his shirt slowly revealing cuts and bruises and a burn from rubbing against cement for too long. “They me and then stole all my money in my wallet and took my phone.” WinWin started sobbing again as Taeyong hugged him tightly. Donghae sat there gaping along with the rest of Frat before Junhui stood up harshly walking back outside. 


“Where are you going Junhui?” Chanyeol asked but wasn't answered as he tried to keep up with him. When they made it outside Namjoon almost ran into them.


“Guys? Where are you going?” Namjoon asked as Chanyeol shrugged and explained what happened to WinWin as they followed Junhui up to Soro. 


“Jun?” Minghao stood up quickly as he saw his boyfriend’s pissed off face. “What's wrong?” Minghao was speaking in Mandarin.


“Sicheng is inside right now crying and not one of you are there comforting the boy. He was on the way to school today and still Jongin and Minhyuk ignore the boy.” Junhui spat at his boyfriend sharply. The rest of Soro just thought Junhui was mad at Minghao, except Mark who knew everything they were speaking about. 


“Mark what's going on?” Eunhyuk whispered into the boy’s ear. Mark told the eldest what was said and Eunhyuk glared at Minhyuk and Jongin.


“I'm sure Jongin and Minhyuk didn't mean for any of that to happen though…” Minghao spoke in Mandarin back to Junhui who just stared back at him making Minghao flinch slightly. Minhyuk stood up and got in between the two.


“Hey! Don't yell at Minghao!” Minhyuk said to Junhui who just laughed in his face. 


“You and Jongin are the reasons I'm pissed off at the moment. Ever wondered where WinWin is?” Junhui asked as Jongin stood up. 


“Where?” Jongin asked softly as he looked at the three Frat boys with worried eyes.


“In the lobby crying cuz he was assaulted on the walk to school. Which could've been avoided if you had just drove  him.” Junhui seethed as he stared down the Soro boy. Chanyeol pulled Junhui away as he noticed Jongin’s worried look become horrified. Minhyuk even looked worried. Hoseok, who had been sitting by Eunhyuk and Mark stood up and walked towards the school. 


“Follow him.” Junhui spoke to Chanyeol and Namjoon who nodded towards the younger boy. Minghao sighed as he looked up at his boyfriend. 


“Jun, are you mad at me?” Minghao asked quietly as Junhui smiled down at the boy lovingly. 


“Of course not baby. Only at you stupid friends.” Junhui kissed Minghao's forehead before walking away back into the school.


“…” Minhyuk sighed as he sat down. “Jongin why didn't you pick him up?” Jongin let out a choked sigh as sat down.


“My mom wants my sister to drive me since my car is getting its oil changed, so I couldn't get him…” Jongin let a tear fall down his cheek. “I'm going to check on him.” Jongin ran inside just in time to see Taeyong help the boy stand from his seat. Jongin ran up to his friend and pushed Taeyong away Ashe hugged WinWin.


“Jongin?” WinWin coughed as he hugged his friend back. 


“Winnie I'm so sorry.” Jongin sobbed into the other's neck as he held the boy tightly. “I could give you a ride because of my sister driving me and I didn't have a car and she doesn't have enough room to have you and I'm so sorry.” Jongin felt WinWin hug him back tighter. 


“It's okay Nini.” WinWin smiled as he let go of Jongin.


“It's not. But I will walk home with you.” Jongin said matter of factly as he saw Taeyong get up from the ground. “Oh sorry Taeyong.” Jongin laughed awkwardly as WinWin giggled. 


“It's fine. I just want to know who the bastards are that hurt you.” Taeyong spoke loudly becoming annoyed with the fact that he couldn't help WinWin. 


“To be honest, I think they go to our school. I don't think I've ever met them though.” WinWin sighed. Just then two boys walked In from a different part of the school and sat down at a table on the other side of the lobby. WinWin froze.


“Them?” Jongin pointed towards the two boys. WinWin nodded.


“The one with tattoos was the first one to me… He said I took it so well that he'd come back for more.” WinWin coughed. Jongin and Taeyong both clenched their jaws. 


“Now, kids. I know you're upset and want pay back. But, getting into a fight wouldn't be the best option.” Donghae said but was ignored by Jongin as the boy stalked over to the two and punched the closer one in the face. But the other one stood quickly and grabbed Jongin’s hair throwing him to the ground roughly. Chanyeol grunted as he ran over and punched the guy in the face so hard it shattered the boys nose and cheekbones. But the one Jongin punched hit Chanyeol with his textbook. Hoseok was watching from afar with Namjoon holding him around the waist. 


“Fights don't solve anything.” Hoseok said softly as he leaned his head on Namjoon's chest. 


“You're right. But it looks like Taeyong will be the one to knock that guy out…” Namjoon smirked as he saw Taeyong take out the last guy by drop kicking him.


“It’s sad people like them are around us all the time, but no one notices.” Hoseok sighed. WinWin ran over towards Jongin who had been lying on the ground. 


“Nini?” WinWin asked his friend as he knelt down and petted the boy’s dark locks gently. 


“My head hurts.” Jongin whined softly as he sat up to look at his best friend. “But it’s okay. Thanks Chanyeol and Taeyong.” Jongin smiled at the two as he was helped up and WinWin dragged him away towards their first class. 


“Hyukjae hyung don’t you think it’s kind of late to come in now?” Yugyeom smiled sweetly as Eunhyuk, Mark, and Minhyuk walked in. Eunhyuk just ignored the younger and continued walking towards his class. Donghae got up and tried to catch up with the old boy. 


“Hyukie… is everything okay?”Donghae asked quietly. Eunhyuk just gave him a glance before staring ahead. 


“No everything’s not okay. First Hoseok is being by his father, and now Winwin was . What the is going on.” Eunhyuk quietly yelled at Donghae as they continued walking. 


“Well… We can help protect your group.”  Donghae offered making Eunhyuk stop dead in his tracks. 


“You don’t understand Donghae. It’s not just those two I’m worried about. I’m worried about Mark, Jongin, Minghao, and Minhyuk as well as myself! We aren’t physically capable to protect ourselves in that situation except for Minghao, but he knows martial arts.” Eunhyuk stared dead into Donghae’s eyes. “I’m scared one day what happened to WinWin will happen to me, and I know for a fact I’m too weak and skinny to do anything about except scream. You don’t understand the fear I have, for myself and the rest of Soro. My sorority gets so many ual assault threats that I can’t have a peaceful sleep at night sometimes.” Eunhyuk let a tear fall down his cheek. Donghae frowned as he hugged Eunhyuk tightly. 


“You wouldn’t need to worry so much if you just let our relationship workout baby. You know I would never let any of that happen to you.” Donghae kissed Eunhyuk softly. “And I know that Frat wouldn’t let anything happen to Soro, they all love you guys so much.” Donghae kissed Eunhyuk cheekbones. 


“Do you mean that they all want to date one of my own?” Eunhyuk asked as Donghae nodded. 


“Yep, Hyunsoo likes Minhyuk, Mark and Yugyeom are dating, Minghao and Junhui are dating, Chanyeol adores Jongin, Taeyong has had a thing for Sicheng for a long time, and Hoseok and Namjoon have already hit things off from what I’ve seen. Namjoon is taking in Hoseok’s mom and sister so they can feel comfortable while filing for their father to go to jail.” Donghae smiled. “I told you my boys would help you guys.” Eunhyuk giggled as he felt Donghae kiss down his neck.


“You’re so caring, I don’t think I deserve you.” Eunhyuk felt Donghae’s arms tighten. 


“I don’t deserve such a perfect boyfriend. Now, we can do two things.” Donghae grinned evilly as Eunhyuk smiled.


“What are they?” Donghae smirked.


“We can go to class and deal with boring studies all day, or… Go back to my house and have some fun.” Donghae kissed Eunhyuk’s sharp jawline as the latter laughed cutely. 


“You’re crazy,” Eunhyuk looked into Donghae’s eyes with seduction. “But crazy is my favorite, let’s go.” Eunhyuk was lifted off his feet and was thrown over Donghae’s shoulder making the elder laugh while Donghae walked outside to his car.


—in the Library— 


“Chanyeol do you think that Taeyong likes WinWin?” Yugyeom asked quietly as he watched the two mentioned sitting next to each other while the rest of their class finishes a project.


“I don't know, but I think WinWin could help Taeyong a lot more than anyone else. Maybe stop him from his antics.” Chanyeol sighed as he stared at his computer’s screen with confusion.


“True but I think Taeyong would hurt the poor boy without even realizing it.” Yugyeom sighed. Just as he finished his sentence Mark and Jongin walked into the library and sat right next to them. 


“Hey Soro.” Chanyeol greeted with his cheerful smile aimed at Jongin. 


“Hi…” Mark gave the Korean a look before turning to Yugyeom. “What's up?” Mark asked the younger.


“Nothing interesting has happened except what you already know. But anyways. Want to hang out after school?” Yugyeom asked his older yet smaller boyfriend who just smiled sweetly.


“Sure Gyeom.” Mark looked over towards Jongin who was looking down at his feet. 


“Hey Yugyeom don't we have a house party coming up soon?”Chanyeol asked the younger who nodded slightly hesitant. “Mark you should come! You too Jongin! Get the rest of Soro to come, I bet Hyukjae hyung wouldn’t mind.” Chanyeol grinned as Mark rolled his eyes.


“I'll mention it to Eunhyuk.” Mark spoke through his teeth as he faked a smile and walked away. “Let's go Jongin.” Mark barked as he passed the other who just jumped and followed his young obediently. 


“Jongin’s too adorable.” Chanyeol sighed as he watched the said boy walk away. Yugyeom scuffed.


“Are you going to ask him out or not? Obviously you like him.” Yugyeom grinned as his hyung gave him a look. 


“It's not that simple. Jongin hates me.” Chanyeol sighed. “Or he just doesn't see me that way.” Yugyeom frowned slightly. 


“How would you know if you haven't tried?” Yugyeom asked stubbornly. Chanyeol rolled his eyes and laughed at the maknae.


“You can ask him then. I know the answer anyways.” Chanyeol laughed as he got up and walked out of the library. 


“If I'm going to ask, I'll need some backup.” Yugyeom grinned as he stared at Taeyong. “He’ll be willing.” Yugyeom stood up and walked over towards the other and sat down next to him and WinWin.


“Oh hey Gyeom.” Taeyong looked at the younger boy as he turned in his chair. WinWin have a short glance as he continued to type on his computer.


“I have a favor to ask of you two.” Yugyeom smirked as WinWin looked at him and turning to him.


“That would be?” WinWin asked hesitantly.


“We most find out if Jongin likes Chanyeol hyung or not. Hyung likes him a little too much for his own good, so I say we either get them to become friends or maybe more than that.” Yugyeom was smirking evilly as Taeyong laughed quietly.


“Sure, but I already know Jongin doesn't really like any of you guys actually.” WinWin frowned as he stood up. “Either way, I don't see it harming anyone so I'll play along. Chanyeol hyung seems cool anyways.” WinWin grinned as told the teacher he was leaving and gave a glance to the Frat boys before walking out the doors.


“Well then, I'm in. Just let me know what we're doing.” Taeyong grinned as he and Yugyeom continued on to a different conversation.