Chapter 3

Different Is Good... Right?

After lunch had ended Taeyong started to walk towards his next class. He was whistling a song softly and wasn't looking where he was going and collided with a locker causing him to fall on his . He looked up to see a really shocked WinWin standing there looking down at him, while Jongin laughed quietly. 


“Are you okay?” WinWin asked politely to Taeyong as the latter got up from the floor. 


“I'll be fine don't worry.” He smiled charmingly causing Jongin to giggle loudly. Right as the tanned boy let out the rather loud giggle, Chanyeol and Namjoon were walking by and stopped right behind Taeyong.


“Tae? What happened to your nose, it's bleeding…” Namjoon asked as he looked at the frightened Chinese freshman and the tanned skinned sophomore judgingly. 


“Oh I zoned out and ran into Winnie's locker by accident.” Taeyong smiled kindly as he grinned at his hyungs.


“Here I have a tissue,” Jongin pulled out a small package of tissues and handed it to Taeyong. “Keep it.” Jongin winked causally before dragging WinWin away from the Frat boys.


“And you want to him. Great choice Chan, you pick brats and all the ing time.” Namjoon groaned. Chanyeol looked offended as he stared at his best friend. 


“Dude, Nini isn't a , he can act out-going and mouthy when he wants to but he's definitely not a .” Chanyeol’s frown deepened when Taeyong groaned. “And he even gave Tae tissues, so he's a nice guy at heart.” Chanyeol argued.


“To be fair, I think Jongin is super ing nice, we have every class together and he’ll try to accommodate to WinWin who's the only freshman in our classes.” Taeyong said with the tissues covering his nose making it a bit hard to understand.


“Whatever.” Namjoon groaned. Chanyeol rolled his eyes. As the tallest of the three looked around the hall he noticed a certain new kid that was wandering the halls. 


“Hey Hoseok! What's wrong?” Chanyeol asked sweetly as Hoseok looked over and smiled almost relieved. 


“I wanted to start searching for my classes before tomorrow since I'll need to be in class tomorrow. I have a free according to the schedule for the last period which I think is now, right?” Hoseok smiled unsurely as Chanyeol smiled. 


“Yep, well if you want Namjoon and I can help you.” Chanyeol grinned as Namjoon just swallowed hard and tensed. Taeyong grinned.


“Have fun, I'm going to the nurse.” He waved as he walked away and gave Namjoon a slap on the back before running off.


As the three boys walked through the whole school showing Hoseok his classes he'd be sharing with the two Frats, the bell rang for the end of the day. 


“Oh well I need to start walking home now.” Hoseok smiled sweetly as looked over to the two boys. “Thank you so much! I wouldn't of been able to find any of these classes without you.” Chanyeol was grinning widely. 


“Hoseokie where do you live? I'll give you a ride.” Chanyeol smiled. Hoseok shook his head.


“I moved into that street about three blocks down, the last house on the dead end.” Hoseok smiled widely showing his cute little dimples. Namjoon had let out a small smile.


“Oh that's right next to where I live.” Namjoon said trying to make it seem like he wasn't interested. Chanyeol grinned widely.


“Hoseokie go with Joonie so you don't have to walk.” Chanyeol grinned Evilly. Namjoon just smiled politely.


“I'm willing to drive you. Just, if you live there why don't you have a car?” Namjoon smirked when Hoseok sighed.


“I never got my license. It wasn’t necessary since I lived on campus in my old school.” Hoseok sighed again and frowned slightly causing the mood of the conversation to drop. 


“That's okay Hoseokie! You don't need to drive we got you.” Chanyeol gave him a thumbs up.


“Okay, thank you so much, really.” Hoseok’s bright smile showed up causing both Frat boys to grin widely.


“Let's go Hoseok.” Namjoon smiled taking Hoseok's arm and pulling him away. 


-in the library- 


“Nini where were you two?” Eunhyuk asked sweetly as Jongin and WinWin came in.


“Oh Lee Taeyong smashed into Winnie's locker and we sort of helped him.” Jongin spoke quietly as he sat next to Minhyuk. 


“Awe is he okay?” Minhyuk asked the younger boy. Jongin nodded. Mark just scuffed. “Oh Mark, so what do you and Frat’s little freshie going to do today?” Minhyuk smirked. 


“Getting coffee.” Mark said plainly. Just as they quieted down, Mark and Eunhyuk saw through the window into the hallway where Namjoon, Chanyeol, and Hoseok were all walking by together. “Awe Hobi made friends with smart and .” Mark commented. Eunhyuk giggled.


“I wouldn't call Chanyeol a . He's quite smart surprisingly.” Eunhyuk clicked his tongue as he watched the three frames disappear. “I don't know whether or not I feel offended or happy Hoseok left us to go hangout with them.” Jongin looked over.


“Hoseok was going to look for his classes and those two saw him and offered to show him around.” The younger stated  in a monotone voice as he stared at his phone intensely.


“Ah” Eunhyuk grinned. “Well, maybe they’ll drive Hobi home since none of us can. Doesn't Namjoon live like two houses before Hobi?” Eunhyuk asked. Mark nodded. 


“I never understood why his parents never got him to get his licenses.” Minhyuk wondered out loud as the rest looked at each other.


“Well they probably didn't think it was necessary.” WinWin intervened. 


“With a family who as so much money, you would think they’d send a driver to pick him up.” Minhyuk added. Mark sighed.


“Maybe Hoseok doesn't want to drive, or maybe he does know how to drive and doesn't want to actually drive. Or maybe he just never felt the need to get it.” Mark groaned as he got up right as the bell rang.


“Good timing Markie.” Eunhyuk got up and slung an arm around Mark's thin shoulders. “Want a ride Tuan?” Mark nodded as they walked out.


As the two oldest Soro boys walked out they saw Hoseok being dragged by Namjoon to his car. Mark made a face.


“I really hope Hoseok takes our advice on those guys. He's too innocent to understand what they do.” Mark whispers to Eunhyuk who nodded.


“Mhm. Hobi’s going to learn fast. At least from what I'm seeing.” Eunhyuk got into his car with Mark and drove away. 


-in front of Hobi’s house -


“Wow… Okay I forgot this was the biggest house on the street.” Namjoon whispered to himself. Hoseok smiled sweetly as he stepped out of the car. 


“Bye Namjoon-ah. It was nice to meet you, and thanks for the ride.” Hoseok bowed slightly before turning to walk away. Namjoon frowned slightly as he watched the boy go. 


Hoseok stepped into his house and sighed. Just as he locked the door his mother came into greet him. 


“Hey honey. How was school? Did you make friends” Hoseok's mom asked sweetly as she took her sons hand as they walked into the kitchen. 


“Ah mom, I'm not 10 anymore it's not a big deal being in a new school.” Hoseok smiled kindly as he sat his mom done into a chair at the kitchen table as he started to bring out food to cook. 


“I know sweetheart, but I'm just worried. You know having your disorder doesn't help make friends.” She said quietly as Hoseok just smiled sadly. 


“I know mom.” Hoseok sighed quietly. “I'm going to make soup for lunch is that okay?” Hoseok looked toward his mom. 


“Any things fine honey.” His mom said sweetly. “Honey… Your medication, it’s working correctly right?” Hoseok nodded quietly. 


“Yes.” As Hoseok answered his sister walked in and sat next to his mother.


“Hey Hoseokie. Hello mom.” His sister smiled kindly as Hoseok ignored her. Their mom smile flattered for a second before returning.


“Hello honey. I'll be right back.” Their mother left the room. Hoseok's sister got up and walked over to Hoseok and wrapped her arms around him. 


“How are you Hobi?” She asked lightly as the younger boy stirred the broth slowly. 


“I'm actually happy today… That is, until he comes home.” Hoseok sighed sadly as he took out three bowls. “Are you eating?” His sister nodded as she kissed her younger brothers head lovingly. 


“Mom should of never remarried to that man. He doesn't deserve any of us, but he does let us live here.” His sister frowned. Hoseok poured the soup into the bowls. His sister took out spoons for the three of them and placed them in the bowls taking hers and sitting at the table. 


“So why so happy today?” His sister smiled. Hoseok smiled shyly.


“Oh there's this guy who I met and he gave me a ride home after showing me around with his friend…” Hoseok shyly played with his spoon. His sister smirked.


“Who?” His sister was smirking knowingly.


“Kim Namjoon. He's part of Frat on campus.” Hoseok stated as his sister stared at him dumbfounded. 


“You mean mister ‘I'm a smartass who corrects everyone.” His sister frowned.


“Ya… I guess. He's not a bad person to me.” Hoseok frowned. 


“He's part of Frat. You know his rules. No boyfriends or buddys. He doesn't want a STD because then mom would end up with it…” His sister seethed. Hoseok choked on his soup.


“I know Noona. And I know what Frat does. I'm part of Soro as well.” Hoseok's sister shook her head. 


“How's Lee Hyukjae? I heard he seems nice but is an actually piece of .” Hoseok shook his head no fast.


“No he's so nice. The only one that is sort of off to me is Mark Tuan.” His sister giggled at the name.


“Awe Markie. Jackson Wang loves him. And I'm pretty sure they have something.” Hoseok giggled softly. 


“Well let's eat.” They both dug in as their mother walked in and ate with them. 


-at a cafe- 


Yugyeom was sitting at a table by the back of the cafe, waiting for Mark to show up. It had been 15 minutes from the time they agreed on, and the freshman was starting to feel embarrassed for believing the junior would show up.


Just as Yugyeom was leaving the cafe, after waiting for 30 minutes, he saw Mark being pulled into an alley by two men. He ran towards the Alley and looked to see the two men pinning Mark to the wall and screaming at him. Yugyeom wasn't thinking when he came running in and kicked the guy who was holding onto Mark.


The American boy smirked and punched the other guy in the face sending him to the ground. Yugyeom looked at Mark and flung him over his shoulder as he ran as far away as possible.


“Mark hyung what happened?” Yugyeom asked when he placed Mark down in the younger boy’s house. Mark sighed.


“People you shouldn't get involved with. Considering you're also a Frat, it wouldn't help.” Mark looked around. “Is this your house Gyeomie?” Mark smiled sweetly changing the topic.


“Ah ya… We can just hang out here, um my parents aren't home though hyung. They're out for two weeks because of business issues in Japan.” Yugyeom frowned cutely. Mark giggled.


“Ah I see. So your parents must be very busy a lot then?” Yugyeom shrugged. 


“Most of the time. Let's go inside.” Yugyeom walked to the door while Mark followed behind closely as they walked in and to the living room in Yugyeom’s rather large house. 


“Mini mansion’s are very overrated.” Mark joked as Yugyeom was going through Netflix. 


“Huh?” Yugyeom asked with wide eyes. Mark giggled quietly. 


“Your house. It's a mini mansion. Very overrated nowadays.” Yugyeom nodded slowly. Mark just laughed. “Awe you’re just so cute.” 


“Are you saying that you don't have a house like mine? Or are you making fun of me?” Yugyeom asked sort of concerned considering he was always confused around Mark.


“No, my house is like this too. I just was making a joke. Gyeomie you gotta get with it.” Mark said his last sentence in English confusing Yugyeom again. 


“I don't know English…” Yugyeom looked like a lost puppy in Mark’s eyes. The elder just laughed as he ruffled the younger's puffy hair. 


“Just lighten up, don't take everything I say so seriously. I'm just trying to joke around.” Mark smiled sweetly. Yugyeom smiled back. 


As they sat there for a couple of hours Mark fell asleep with his head in Yugyeom's lap as the younger boy played with his hair.

 


-next day-

 


As soon as Eunhyuk walked into the courtyard there were tons of eyes on him. He sighed and looked around for his fellow members. 


Just as Eunhyuk wasn't looking a two students came rushing in and knocked over the president of Soro causing Eunhyuk to fall face first into the cement sidewalk. He went on noticed however by the two students fighting.


Everyone in the courtyard was in shock as their lovely Soro president had just been flattened by two of the most hated kids in school. Just as the two were starting to get louder, Donghae walked into the courtyard to find the scene unfolding. 


“Um excuse me?” Donghae said as he stared down at the two Sophomores. Their heads snapped up towards Donghae and gulped.


“Yes Donghae sunbae-nim?” One of the sophomores asked politely. Donghae just pointed to behind the boys and they both looked over to find a bleeding Eunhyuk behind them holding his face. “Oh No! See what you did, Kibum!” The boy yelled at his friend, Kibum. 


“It was both of us, Taekwoon!” Kibum yelled as he started to walk away from the scene as if he didn't care about Eunhyuk. Taekwoon looked at the eldest of the four and bowed apologizing and running away.


“Hyukjae-ah, are you okay?” Donghae asked concerned for Eunhyuk. The elder just grunted as he stock his hand out for Donghae to take. The latter helped him up and pulled him close. 


“I never suspected this sidewalk to hurt so much.” Eunhyuk joked as he looked at Donghae. He had a bloody nose, a scratch on his right cheek and his lip was bleeding but at that moment Donghae was just so captivated by Eunhyuk’s stupid gummy smile to care about the bruising and cuts on his perfect face. 


“Let's get you to the nurse, Hyukie.” Donghae smiled as he walked with Eunhyuk to the nurse being watched by the entire school. 


“Hey did you hear?” Chanyeol came running into the locker room where Frat met in the morning. Namjoon, Taeyong, Hyunwoo, and Jun all turned to look at the giant. 


“What?” Hyunwoo asked. Chanyeol grinned.


“Donghae is bringing Hyukjae to the nurse because he was injured by Taekwoon and Kibum, so that means points for Hyung to earn with Hyukjae!” Chanyeol cheered for his hyung as the rest of the boys smiled and cheered with him. 


“Good for Hyung, but where's our beloved maknae?” Hyunwoo asked as the rest of the boys shrugged. 


“I think he hasn't come in yet.” Namjoon said quietly. Chanyeol nodded. Then the Giant’s smirk came back.


“Joonie why didn't you offer Hoseok a ride to school today?” Chanyeol asked sparking everyone’s attention. 


“I called him this morning, but he said no, his father was taking him.” Namjoon was looking at his homework and barely showing any emotion. Jun sighed. 


“I saw Hoseok when he got to school. He looked like he had just finished some o or something. He had that after glow. He was also sort of limping.” Jun mumbled, all the Frat Members looked at him and then at Namjoon.


“Well from what I know he doesn't have a boyfriend. So maybe he just hooked up with someone before he got to school.” Namjoon answered dully. Taeyong shook his head. 


“I saw him too. He was getting out of his car, and his dad looked scary, but he looked that way when he first stepped out of the car. Maybe he just is so good looking we just want to him or something because I've never seen someone look like that after being with their parent.” Taeyong sighed. Just then Donghae stepped in. 


“Ready for class my precious es?” Donghae laughed as he hugged Hyunwoo. 


“Yep let's go.” Namjoon answered the eldest. He got his stuff and walked out without the others. 


“I’ll tell you later.” Chanyeol said to Donghae as they followed Namjoon out.