Should I ask her out?

Frustrated
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Teacher Amber, why are you spacing out again?” Someone was waving her little left hand in front of me and sounded a little annoyed.

 

I was taken back. Out of reflex, my left hand ran to the back of my neck to massage myself and did a dry laugh, “Nah, Teacher was thinking of this maths question.  This is tough, man.”  I pointed on a random question on the workbook that was lying innocently in front of us. As if my eyes were obeying the law of gravity, they drifted back to where they are attracted to.

 

Something blocked my vision. I blinked to refocus my vision and figured that it was a face. A small prefect oval face that every female Kpop artist will dream to have. A pair of cold cat eyes glaring at me as if piercing through me. My body temperature dropped and I shuddered at it. I swore that I would be freezing to death until something warm touched my forehead. That literally saved my life! Who was it? I blinked again and the small face seemed to get bigger than just now.  Did the one that was killing me with her frost stare save me with her prominent forehead?

 

“Teacher Amber, why are you feeling so cold?” 5 year old Jessica quizzed in puzzlement. “Are you not feeling well? Do you want me to tell Teacher Krystal that you are not well?” She stared at me hard trying to see the reflection of herself from my eyes.

 

“No, no, no, Im fine.” I stammered quickly and accidentally bit my tongue. “Ouch!” I jerked backwards in pain. I cupped my mouth with tears threatening to fall.

 

“Are you ok,  Amber?” A fluent international accent English resounded in my mind and I was captivated by it as if it was an enchanting spell. Another face came into my sight and my eyes were pleased as they have found their gravity again. Worry was evident on her face. This face was beyond describable. Long chestnut brown hair falling gracefully from her crown, tall proud forehead, mesmerising deep brown cat eyes, pointed taunted nose and pinkish plump lips. This face that kept coming back to my mind again and again today. God must be thinking of making something to show off when He made this face.

 

A soft warmth hand touched my right arm. The warmth intensifying diffused to me and sent the electrifying feeling to my whole body. My stomach reacted the fastest; it started feeling frizzy and rocked hard.  That awakened the sleeping butterflies that were set to be buried deep down.  My heart palpitated and went overdrive. My brain screaming for more oxygen to process on how to handle these weird body reactions. Am I going to have a heat attack?

 

My body was slaving hectically, using every bit of my energy. Within me, I burned like a boiling volcano but at my external, I froze like ice berg.

 

The thumb of the hand on my right arm caressed me a little to get attention and it worked. My eyes blinked at her. Then, out of suddenly, a pair of cold hands cupped my cheeks and made me to face her. “Yah~ Teacher Amber, are you really ok?”

 

The small panic face crunched making me feeling guilty immediately. “I’m ok, Little Jessica.” I faked a smile, pat her head and her smooth hair.

 

“Call me Sica.” The youngest pouted, leaned back and crossed her hands eyeing at me.

 

My eyes gave attention to the little ice princess, I whipped my brightest smile at her and saluted, “Yes, Princess Sica.”. Her eyes lit up, she returned her smile at me and nodded in approval. I heaved in relief. I felt a pair of cold eyes drilling a hole through me. Is it her? I felt coldness in the glare. She is unhappy? Wae?

 

The hand on my right arm r

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter