The Introduction

License To Kill
The Introduction
You continued to blindly follow his suited broad shoulders which eventually seemed to lead out on to a dock of some sort. The first thing you noticed was the weather. It was overcast and the strong wind brought droplets from the ocean that was not too far off. You also noted that your ever so gracious Captain did not say a word as he left you stranded by the entryway. Your gaze followed him to where he rejoined his fellow servicemen and you were glad you had stopped your movements for you were sure if you had been walking you would have stumbled over your very feet. There, standing regally on a platform, were six men - one of whom you had the misfortune of meeting earlier- each one more handsome than the last. You returned to your earlier thoughts that their pictures truly did not do them justice at all.

You were torn from your thoughts when you noticed one of the men, the blond, Major Lee Jaehwan you remembered from your briefing, waving you over to the area below and in front of the platform. His smile was so warm, friendly and quite frankly, cute that you found yourself caught off guard for a moment. Surely a man who had seen so much horror could not possibly retain so much charm? Even so, you return a smile of your own that was far more brief and focus your attention on descending the stairs to join the recruits only to actually stop this time. They were all women. Every single last one. You were not sure how you arrived at the conclusion, but you had been certain that your job would be easier under the assumption that you would be the only woman there but alas. The women - all ranging from around aged eighteen to their late thirties- all stood in orderly rows dressed in the same clothes you were. A skirt suit, low black heels and neatly styled buns that rested against the nape of their necks. You suddenly wondered how on earth you were going to achieve your goal when some of the new recruits looked as if they could star alongside Lee Jun Ki in one of those dramas you knew Sooyoung enjoyed watching. When you heard shrilled screaming typical of the female gender, you make a point to quickly move to the frontmost row and stood at attention.

The leader, General Cha Hakyeon, stood in front of a microphone and with a bright and wide smile that was in no way hostile, holding a perfectly slender finger to his lips to signal that he wished for silence.

"To our newest Starlights, welcome!" The young general welcomed with a pleasant yet firm voice. "We, as Secret Special Forces VIXX, know that the application process was not easy and that you must have suffered greatly to be able to stand in front of us today. We want to thank you for your hard work thus far. Without our Starlights, we would not be able to do or achieve the things we do. For the rest of the day, I would like for you to get used to your new home, your new colleagues, roommates and naturally us as both your superiors and friends in time of need. If you ever need anything do not hesitate to speak to any one of us. Once again, we welcome you and congratulate you for what you have done and what you have yet to do." The handsome man gave a boyish wave before deeply bowing and rejoining his group who had been seated throughout his speech.

Speaking of his speech, you found it unusual yet strangely touching. It was not an everyday occurrence for the head of such an important organization to be so...friendly? Kind? Even at your own agency where your director was more of a father to you than a true superior, your debut into the world of espionage and everything that came along with it was much harsher than this. Perhaps this was a test of some kind? Maybe they would change as the weeks went on? You pondered this as you received a document with your room number along with the building layout and your schedule for the next week.


The following week you spent at the base was one of nostalgia. It had been years since you had played the role of a rookie and considering the difficult task you had ahead of you, you appreciated the slow pace.

Your schedule was more of a vacation for you. You awoke at the same hours, trained at the same times and ate punctually as well. Coming back to the food...not only was it delicious but all of the containers had stickers with 'chibi' versions of the VIXX leaders. At times you wondered if you had joined a fanclub rather than an organization that produced some of the most lethal and successful agents. Then again as they were the only men in the vicinity (which was hardly an insult either), it was not difficult to understand why it seemed as though every woman you spoke to seemed to fall into one of six categories. Naturally, being under the guise you were, in order to avoid suspicion, you mentioned that Captain Jung was your favorite - needless to say the irony was not lost on you.

Ever since your first meeting with Captain Jung, you had avoided the man like the plague. You were not ready to risk your cover with so many volatile emotions stirring inside of you and self control was not one of your inherited gifts. 

Today however; your luck had run out. Standing in your designated rows in your assigned active wear, you awaited General Cha and Major Lee, or N and Ken as they preferred to be called, to address you.

"Good morning Starlights!" N began, looking genuinely pleased to see the crowd before him. "For the past week we've focused on your individual skills and we would have for the next few days but seeing your impressive ability, we want to put you to the test. We'll be splitting you into six groups headed by myself, Captain Jung, Major Lee, 1st Lieutenants Kim and Lee and 2nd Lieutent Han. You will spar with the partner you've been paired with while we supervise." the general explained with palpable excitement.

Seemingly unable to contain his excitement either, Ken all but pushed N out of the way playfully to take control of the microphone.

"Starlight ladies~ Don't forget to drink lots of water, it's warm today okay?" the handsome major charmingly addressed before making a 'shy shy shy' movement you had once seen a girl group do on television. It should have made you cringe painfully but it only served to make you grin and giggle instead. 
As the various names were being called by the team leaders, you were hardly surprised that it was Captain Jung who ended up calling yours. Life had a funny way of working out.

A few minutes later found yourself sparring with a young woman named Hyewon. It seemed as though the idea was to pair up those similar in age and strength. Though you were far ahead in terms of your training, the dark haired woman definitely had the potential to be a great agent one day. You had been turning up the heat slowly and waited until you felt the overwhelming presence of Captain Jung before unleashing your full range of abilities on the poor unsuspecting girl. In a few short moves you had Hyewon on the floor, her arm twisted behind her and your knee firmly but not roughly pressed into her back. You waited for the older man's signal and after a moment you stood up and helped your thoroughly defeated opponent from the floor.

"Where did you learn to fight?" if you had not been waiting for his question you would have missed his quiet voice entirely. His voice was calming, smooth with a distinct masculine quality about it. You were sure if he ever produced an audiobook or three, you would not mind sitting and listening to it for hours on end. 

"Where everyone learns how to fight." you answered to his implied praise ambiguously, your snark not wholly obvious as you collect your jacket, towel and water bottle from the nearest bench.

"It wasn't an alleyway for sure. You could've killed her if you wanted." he observed, his face as neutral as his voice. His hands were still behind his back and dressed in his formal uniform, he looked as if he were analyzing you head to toe for clues.

"I'm sure you'd know all about that." you snapped in reply, throwing him an ice cold glare as you drank from your bottle. You waste no time in walking away, leaving your internally perplexed superior behind.



A/N: I'm so sorry for the late upload! At first I thought I lost inspiration for this, which I didn't! (yay) I'm also still highly obsessed with The Closer, I'm so happy it won Number 1! (I've been giffing their performances all weekend. OTL)  I know I said there was only one more part, but I seriously underestimated how involved my idea was. Next, it's so difficult trying to capture their personalities in English especially since this is an AU but I hope you guys enjoyed how I did it! Do tell me if you like it so far!