The Mission

License To Kill
The Mission
You went as soon as you got the call - or rather the message delivered via Morse code. It was not often that the director of your agency wished to speak with you directly. As you walked into the waiting room of his office, you wondered if you were qualified for a promotion so soon.

“The director is ready for you Miss (L/n).” Sooyoung announced as soon as she saw your figure walk through the door. 

You still had yet to figure out why it was the agency tried to maintain a cover - there was zero threat of having it uncovered.

“Thanks.” You replied informally, a brief smile making its way onto your lips. Being the first friend and acquaintance you made allowed you liberties that were unusual in your line of work.

It is also on your way to the director’s office that you noticed she seemed to have her eyelids done over the summer. It suited her, you thought.

“Director.” You greet by way of his title, immediately moving to sit down across from the elderly but still in-shape man.

He had long ago learned to excuse your behavior as what determined the most effective superior-subordinate relationships were not based on whether or not you decided to stand at attention until he gave the go-ahead to move from your stance.

“Agent (L/n), I trust you have been well.” Your director asked by way of conversation. You could tell there was something more to it.

“I have. I apologize for coming in late, there was something I needed to tie up.” You answered wryly, thinking of the double crossing agent you left tied upside down to a metal bar in a remote location. “Although I highly doubt you called me here to ask after my health.” You looked pointedly at the man in front of you.

He simply chuckled, emphasizing the laugh lines at the corner of his brown eyes. “We have been working too long together for such pleasantries, you’re correct.” At the thought of what he was about to ask, his amused expression immediately sobered up. “Before I disclose this mission, I need to have your word that whatever you do, you do not allow your personal feelings to get in the way. I do not have to give you this mission but I’ve known you long enough to know what something like this could mean to you." 

Though his tone was as professional as ever, you were able to deduce the emotion hidden behind it. You could not make any promises but being the man who taught you everything you knew about this business, you could not fathom the thought of letting him down. "I give you my word.” you said aloud, letting your promise ring through the silence.

“Good.” The director rummaged through his drawers to find a particularly thick Manila folder an placed it at the center of the table. “We want you to infiltrate a certain subsection of the Secret Special Forces - that subsection being VIXX." 

Your eyes widened and you felt yourself lose your carefully constructed composure for a moment. When you sobered up from your shock, you were filled with a burning anger that coursed through your veins. "What do I have to do?” you answered coldly.

“We need you to go undercover as one of their specialized soldiers known as ‘Starlights’ to gather Intel. Recently, there’s been talk of an Operation Conception that has been divided into three parts and named after deities in Greek Mythology: Zelos, Hades and Kratos. Many of our own agents have tried and failed to uncover what the objective of this operation is but there is only so much we can do without sending someone in. The hardest part of this mission Agent (L/n), and I will be frank, is we want you to ensure you’re under the guidance of Captain Jung Taekwoon.” the director ensured to keep eye contact with you at all times in an attempt to suss out any hesitation you may have with completing the task.

Your already boiling blood flared at the name of the man. So he was a Captain now huh? Well of course he was considering the fact he had murdered your father on the battlefield years ago. You heard he even received a medal for his heroics.

“Anything else I need to know?” you asked nonchalantly, as if it did not bother you at all.

“A few members have been added in the past few years and to avoid confusion, you should know who is who.” the director places five pictures side-by-side, and by the looks of it, it seemed to be a copy of their identification cards. “Their leader is General Cha Hakyeon, code name N. Much of their success is owed to his leadership skill. Next is Captain Jung Taekwoon, code name Leo. Precious little is known about him, with good reason. The blond is Major Lee Jaehwan code name Ken. Apparently he is quite the charmer in person. The next two, Kim Wonshik and Lee Hongbin -Ravi and Bin respectively- share the rank of 1st Lieutenant. If it is to be believed, Ravi on his off time is quite musically gifted whereas Bin has been known to handle much of their undercover work due to his acting skill. Last but not least, is 2nd Lieutenant Han Sanghyuk aka Hyuk. Though he is the youngest of the six and relatively newer to the game, he has been known to at times be more ruthless than his superiors.”

You take in each photograph with extreme observance – noting every single hair and freckle that would be missed by a lesser trained eye. You took a minute to contemplate if you were really about to do it and when your resolve hardened, you stood once again. “I’ll do it. I’ll make a stop by Sooyoung for the extra information.” You replied, though there was no trace of excitement that was usually there when assigned to a new mission.

You nearly reached the door before the director stopped you. “Agent (L/n)…(F/n)…I don’t think it needs to be said that Captain Jung is not to be killed. No matter what.”

“Of course.” You answered automatically although you were unsure if you meant any of it.


A week later found you walking around the building that housed the Secret Special Forces. Strangely enough it was code named ‘Jellyfish’. Then again, it was near the ocean, so in a way it made sense. It was the day the new generation of Starlights were to be inducted and for some reason you had gotten lost. You were thankful that a good sense of navigation was not a determining factor in what you did. You had been so lost in your thoughts that you do not pay attention to where you were walking and before you knew it you had walked into what felt like a wall with an audible thwack!

“I’m sorry!” you immediately replied as formally as you could, bowing for effect while ignoring the pain radiating from your forehead. It was also then that you realized that whoever you walked into, had dropped their stuff. You waste no time in hunching down to help.

“It’s fine.” The man huffed, his voice softer than you expected.

It was only when you connected eyes that you are aware it was none other than Captain Jung himself. You always thought your first reaction would be to insult him in some way but in that moment the only thing you could focus on was how handsome he was. You never really understood what the phrase ‘the picture does not do it justice’ until then. His hair was dyed a luminescent burgundy, his skin was flawlessly white, his nose delicately shaped and elegantly sloped and his lips were enviously full and red. Your eyes trailed to his torso, noting his incredibly broad shoulders and what you assumed to be a very solid physique clothed in his military attire that seemed to be tailor made for him. Had seconds or hours passed? You were entirely unsure but when you regained your mental faculties, you scolded yourself to snap out of it.

You stood up and busied yourself with straightening out your skirt.

“Are you new here?” he inquired but you could tell it was not to be social. A man like him probably liked to keep on top of things.

“Yes.” You voice came out harsher than expected and you forced yourself to lower it, “I’m here as one of the new Starlight soldiers but I got lost. You wouldn’t know how to get there perhaps?” you asked, playing the role of the oblivious new recruit.

“Obviously. I’m Captain Jung Taekwoon.” He stated and while he had a hand free to offer in a handshake, he did not. He his heel and walked away as an indicator for you to follow. Whether he was indeed rude or shy, it only served to rub you the wrong way.


A/N: And that's it for now. I hope you enjoyed it as thoroughly as I did writing it. I got the idea after seeing the awesome @sidus_VIXX's manip of the Kratos teasers and especially Leo's one. There is definitely more to the story and if you would like to see more please do tell me! I have yet to write that but if there's enough interest I don't see why I can't continue this!