빛 2

My Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

빛 2: Letter

 

“Did you call for me, aunt Gukju?” I asked quietly, holding my hands together as I bowed my head. My aunt was sitting at the dining table with several white envelopes when she threw one big package towards me.

 

“There’s… mail for you,” she spat.

 

I furrowed my eyebrows and looked up, “M-Mail?” I asked, quite puzzled. Just who would want to send me a package? I don’t know anyone. Aunt Gukju pointed at the big package right in front of me and ordered me to open it quickly.

 

“Open it,” she said.

 

I blinked, still confused as to what the package was and who it came from. I picked it up with my two bare hands and stared at the package that had my name scribbled on it with fine ink. I squinted my eyes and saw how neat my name looked.

 

Kim Taeyeon.

 

I looked at the sender and saw that it was from the Moon and Sun Academy; I don’t even know what that was. I bit my lip as I slowly ripped the package open and took out its contents. Flipping through the papers stapled together.

 

My eyebrows immediately knit together in confusion.

 

“I-I think this is mistaken…” I uttered as I continued to read the letter sent to me.

 

Dear Ms. Kim Taeyeon,

It is our pleasure to inform you that our dean has granted you full scholarship for our full-time program at Moon and Sun Academy. If you would like to accept this admission, please write ‘yes’ on the paper with your fingertips and if you would not like to accept this admission, then please write ‘no’.

However, we would be delighted to see you at our institution as we have found that you are a very special entity that could become a hidden strength within our community. Please consider this as a special invitation to our school grounds.

Please respond within the next 24 hours, or else this letter will self-destruct after 24 hours of opening. Without further ado, please make your choice wisely.

Merry Meet,

 

S.P.

Executive Assistant Dean

 

Suddenly, the letter was immediately snatched away from my hands, only to get taken away by Youngdeuk’s twin sister, Youngmi. She read the whole letter with such a bitter face while my aunt came closer to her and read it for herself.

 

My hands started to shake as I could not comprehend what was happening.

 

How did they know me? How did they know my name? And most of all, how did they know I lived here? I thought to myself as I looked at my cousin and aunt in terror. I took the letter away and bowed for apology.

 

“I-I’m sorry,” I muttered as I ran away and climbed up to the attic.

 

I wanted to be alone.

 

What was happening? What is this? A private magic school? But I don’t have any magic powers… I don’t have a gift like my cousins. Youngdeuk can foresee the future, while Youngmi can lift objects with her hands or eyes.

 

I had none.

 

I wasn’t special, so why did I get the invitation and not them?

 

I immediately frowned at myself. I should return this and ask them for reconsideration… but no, the letter did say I could reject it, right? I looked down at the paper as I was sitting down on the old chest by the corner of my room.

 

I lifted my fingertip and touched the paper and shakily wrote ‘no’.

 

When I did so, the letters started to fade away as if it was rejecting my answers. I frowned even deeper and continued to keep writing no, but to no avail, it did not accept any of my answers. I sighed heavily and ruffled my hair out of frustration.

 

“It says write ‘no’ if I want to reject it though…” I muttered to myself as I sighed and stared at the piece of paper in my hands.

 

I looked around my dark room and found a sharp object and immediately went to go get it. I went back to my place and sat straight, taking the letter in my hands and tried scribbling ‘no’ with the sharp object I was holding.

 

However, it also did not work.

 

What if I ripped the letter in half? I thought to myself.

 

I bit my lip and carefully tried ripping the paper in half and almost smiled when I successfully ripped the letter in two. However, just in seconds, I saw the letter light up and it was as if I didn’t rip it. It went to its original state and I was even more shocked that I accidentally threw it on the floor when all the writings on the paper were gone and instead, was replaced with another statement.

 

Just say yes, Taeyeon.

 

My eyes grew wide as I stared at the paper. “W-W-What’s going on?! W-W-What just happened?! H-How?!” I had a lot of questions, but none of them were answered. The words faded and suddenly, it was back to its original state.

 

The letter’s words slowly appeared and the space where I was supposed to write my answers on suddenly had the word ‘yes’ on it. My eyes couldn’t bel

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter