빛 1

My Light
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

빛 1: Living in the dark

 

There was a small window inside the attic, a very small circular window that Taeyeon was not able to reach until she grew taller at the age of eighteen. She’s been living in the attic since she was fourteen years old and nothing had changed. She’d grab the old locked chest at the corner of the room and drag it towards the window, using it as a base to see what the outside looked like.

 

She has always wondered what it felt like to have freedom just like the different creatures roaming around this world.

 

It seemed too impossible for her to have that one thing she’s been yearning for.

 

Freedom.

 

How nice would it be?

 

Taeyeon’s train of thought was immediately interrupted when a sudden flicker of light emitted her room. She grinned and felt free for a second. The attic was usually dark, with no shed of light, but it was always around dawn and dusk that light emits inside my room.

 

She doesn’t know where it comes from, but it’s been like this ever since the second year Taeyon lived in the attic. At first, she was very confused, but now she just looks forward when the light lits up.

 

She has grown accustomed to it as she watched outside the lone window and saw the same exact boy she’s been seeing since two years ago pass by the house’s front lawn. She didn’t know if it’s utter coincidence that the room lights up when he walks by, or if he’s the one doing it.

 

But she doubted the latter.

 

She thinks it’s just coincidence because how would he know Taeyeon needed light? How would he know she yearned for light? Taeyeon sighed to herself as her eyes followed the direction he was walking to.

 

I wish I can walk that freely like you, she thought to herself.

 

Suddenly, she heard a loud yell just below the attic and already knew who it was. Taeyeon pushed the old chest to its original position and ran to the small door on the floor. She lifted it up and answered back with my loud voice.

 

“Neh!”

 

Taeyeon carefully climbed down the ladder, only to feel an arm wrap around her waist. She squealed in shock, only to be shushed by Youngdeuk, her aunt’s son; also known as her cousin. She blinked profusely as he grinned down at Taeyeon.

 

“Go! Omma should be downstairs in the kitchen,” he told her quietly.

 

She nodded her head and bowed at him, quietly scampering away from him. Although he was her cousin, she never had the chance to become close to him. She was only allowed to go out of her room when it was needed.

 

But he seemed like a good man, compared to his sister and mother that is.

 

--

Baekhyun jolted up from his bed, sweating profusely. He looked at the window and saw that it was still dark; as usual. He heaved a deep sigh before touching his chest and clutched onto it. He closed his eyes briefly before a sudden flashback jolted his eyes open.

 

He gulped, sliding his legs onto the side of the bed and stood up.

 

Baekhyun quickly went to the washroom and the tap of water. Splashing cold water on his face as he held onto the sides of the sink and looked at himself through the mirror. Through his reflection, he saw how tired he looked.

 

He bit his lip and looked away.

 

He started to undress himself and decided that he should take a cold shower before heading out for school. Just by gut feeling, he was pretty sure it’s two hours before dawn. After taking an exhilarating shower, h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter