XX

Stuck with Detective Kim

You gasped to see the man in bed sit up. Eyes widened as tear stained cheeks, he fumbled to get out of bed. A pained groan left his lips and you rushed over to him sitting on his bed.

“Don’t move too much-”

“Baby,” the care in his voice slowly weakened your strong resolve. Warm hands reached to cup your cheeks and thumbed stray tears away. “Baby…how couldn’t I love you?” Eyes meeting warm brown pools, the sight of the man of your dreams so worried about you bought more tears.

“You need to stop doing this to me Himchan” you chewed your lip. “It’s so hard already, don’t make this any harder.”

“Don’t fight it baby.”

“I can’t believe the guy I like had feelings for me all along” you sniffed.

“You like me?” his eyes twinkled. “Is that why you’re crying, baby? Why didn’t you tell me?” his airy voice came though lips spread in a smile.

“No. It’s because I can never be with you” you whispered and met his chocolaty warm gaze.

“It doesn’t matter, we’re here now.”

“Himchan I know I’m going down and I’m not letting you go down with me” you sobbed. As the man pulled you into an embrace.

“Ssh, oh baby.” he quietened you with gentle touches. “I am just as dead as you are. No man would confess to his love to be a burden... This is no easy on me as it is on you” he cooed before resting his forehead against your shoulder “But I’m not going to waste a single moment I have with you…you mean too much to me and we’re both ed. It’s time to make the most out of what we have.”

“I’m so scared” your hands finally slipped up to hold the built detective’s waist.

“I said I’d protect you, didn’t I?” the pale detective pulled back and you watched how he took every detail of your face in. “Even if I can’t live the dream of waking up next to you against the sheets after a night of relishing every inch of your beautiful body, savouring the very taste of your skin against mine.” Eyes what were once sharp and piercing came back with the solidifying truth. “I love you” he spoke and the last of you rationality and resolve fell away.

“I can make your dream come true”