XIV

Stuck with Detective Kim

“You need to rest, more so than me. Your body needs to deal with your injuries.” You spoke softly before pulling a sheet over his body

“What are you doing?”

“Rest” you stood up.

“Where are you going?”

“I’m bringing some food for you, then we’ll finish healing what’s left of you slowly.”

“We don’t have time. We need to get out of here-”

“Make a plan while I’m gone, you need a good few hours here with you for now.”

Closing the door behind yourself, you stepped into the kitchen to gather whatever you could makk without having to cook, fire would give you away. You thoughts drifted to that frightening wakeup call for this morning, you thought about how warm his hands were on your cheeks. The way his pouted lips moved against yours in sync to ease his agonizing pain and frustration.

How his eyes looked back at you with a warmth you’d never witnessed before. His charismatic demeanour you had seen in the past had essentially fallen.

The dashing detective who’d swoon everyone - whether it be his words, his work or the work of art the man is himself - the man who had kidnapped you was slowly unravelling due to circumstance.

And you were unsure if you wanted to know any more about your friend’s brother.

Last night popped back into your mind. “No strings attached”.

What a lie.

He didn’t do it to help heal you, he got what he wanted. And it made you contemplate whether return the favour.