XVI

Stuck with Detective Kim

Shifting himself forward you moved behind him to see blue and purple marks splayed across his broad back.  He hissed at the contact of a chilled hand on his skin. “This won’t help you fever, but it’ll make resting a little more bearable.”

“I sweat my fevers out. Don’t worry.” He replied.

Puckered lips pressed feathered pecks onto the bruises on his back. Darker ones required more love compared to the others. Slow but steady at your work your kisses worked each mark. Dark blue marks faded from a purple to no linger existing.

Steadily the canvas of pale skin in front of you was cleared. “How did you know you could do this?” he asked fascination laced in his voice.

“Through your sister”

“You kissed her?!” surprise veiled anger in his voice

“I’m pretty sure our life will no longer be the same…I guess I should tell you”. Hands curled into fists as the man before you growled.

“Who hurt her.”

“Dunno,” you sighed. You got up to move in front of him. ”Yejin and a friend came to my place from some party with big cut one night. She knew you’d lose your if you knew, so she asked me to help out. I was just joking about kissing the cut better, but we were shocked when this happened.” You sat across he sick man, cuts and bruises littered his face and body.

“Our life will no longer be the same…” he sighed. Meeting his gaze for the unspoken confirmation, everything happening was clinical. You leaned in to peck a purple bruise his neck. “What would you do if you knew you’d die tonight” the detective queried.

“I’d do what I’ve been doing. I’d fight till the end” you spoke quietly. “And you Detective?” you asked before leaning in to peck the cut on his nose.

“Confess to the girl I love” you felt him shyly look down as a slight smile stretched those smooth lips.

“Never knew Detective Kim was a romanticist”. The cut healed up nicely, the only ugly mark remaining spread blue and purple on his solar plexus.

“Trust me I’m still new to this whole love debacle myself,” he replied as he leaned back a little. Your lips began feathering kisses over the injury as the colours began to change in front of your eyes. “And it’s been years since I fell for her”. The detective kept his gaze locked on you.

“She’s a lucky girl, changing a stone cold man is no easy feat”

“You have no idea how lucky I am though”

“Why”

“Because she’s healing me.”