Two

Perfect Stranger
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Where have you been? I didn’t see you for 7 days.”

Her first question as soon as she gets in to my taxi surprises me. I don’t know how she can know that I wasn’t around. She always surprises me. I glance at her from the rear view mirror and see that she glares at me. She looks angry.

“I’m always here, Miss.” Well, I lie. I was sick, suffered from cold and flu. So, I rested at home and didn’t go to work for days.

“No, I didn’t see your car. I knew your car, Miss Kim. So, don’t tell lie to me. Answer me, where have you been?” Her voice is so demanding.

She gives me a tell-me-honestly-or-I’ll-kill-you-look. She also rarely called my name, but when she did it, I knew that she was in serious mood. I don’t know why she looks angry just because she didn’t see me for 7 days. We weren’t lovers, heck, even we aren’t friend. We are just a taxi driver and her passenger.

“I was sick, Miss. That is why I didn’t go to work.” I give her my honest answer.

Her tell-me-honestly-or-I’ll-kill-you-look changes to worry look. “You were sick? How about now? Are you okay now? Was it bad? Were you going to hospital? What was doctor said?” She bombards me with question.

I chuckle. It’s funny to see her worry toward me when we are just stranger that often meet. “It was just cold and flu, Miss. I’m totally okay now. Thank you for your concern.”

“I was really bored without you. I dislike other taxi drivers because they were always tried to flirt with me. You know Nickhun? That guy is really persistent. When you weren’t around, he was a little bit forced me to take his taxi. I prefer took a bus than his taxi. So, I was happy when saw your taxi earlier.”

I can feel her stares and when I glance at her from the rear view mirror, she isn’t sto

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter