『零』

Red door | Vkook

" Mr.Kim! Mr.Kim!!" Is the rumors true?! are you secretly dating Yoon Eunhye? Mr.Kim!"

"Mr.Kim! Please answer the question!"

"Are you secretly dating Yoon Eunhye?" 

I exit my bosses's company building only to receive a mob of fans and reporters come to jump at me. As always my only option is to stay silent, ignore, and walk away with my head down. I know it is their job to gather news and information but reporters annoy me deeply. They make it almost impossible for me to remain 'Purfect' In the eyes of people. I have a big secret that most don't know and keeping it all Inside makes me feel so suffocated, locked, and unable to do many things. Because I have to hide it, I can't be myself. I feel like I want to expose myself but at the same time I feel terrified to do so.

My manager whom I'm very close with, Knows both my secret and my feelings, So I at least I am able to be myself in front of him. I don't have to be perfect, I don't have to smile and pretend to be happy when I don't want to, and the best of all, no cameras or reporters. 

I reach the black van my manager drives and I enter at the back seat along with my bodyguards. The van drives away and the loud sounds of the reporter's yelling subside. 

While on the ride, I feel myself getting sleepy and tired, and the only thing I wish to do is go home and rest. To be honest I should consider myself more than amazing. I just literally finished a drama yesterday and today I got myself another script as the lead protagonist. I also have an appointment for modeling next Monday and don't let me mention school. 

I see my manager taking a turn to school and I groan quietly. "Hyung~" I whine in my seat, However he doesn't respond. 

" Manager Kim," I correct myself and the said male turns around to have me with a smile. 

" What is it, Mr.Kim?"

" Can you skip school today? Please I'm very tired." I try to beg him but to my dismay he shakes his head and sighs. 

" Mr.Kim, I understand how exhausted and tired you are but it is your responsibility to attend all of your appointments and activities, Like school and your Job. It is also my responsibility to make sure you arrive to those." 

I know very well that my manager's decisions are final and that there's nothing else I can say to change his mind. He is stubborn. 

" What about my school uniform?" 

" It's in the back of the van, you can take it and change in one of the bathroom stalls."

I on my teeth while crossing my arms together simply because I'm disappointed and I can feel my Manager's sly smirk. I wonder to myself the day that he finally comes unprepared or messes up on something. 

" We're almost there Mr.Kim so please pick up your uniform." 

" And my backpack? Where would that be?" I ask after I snatch my uniform from the back. My backpack is not there which shows a very good sign to a chance that I might not be arriving at school after all. 

" Here." My manager picks up my bag that was somehow in the front seat. " Have a nice day of school Mr.Kim" He grins at me and I snatch my belonging with an attitude. I get off the bus and slam the door in frustration. I understand it's not his fault that I'm dealing with this stress but he should also render me some slack. 

I stand at the sidewalk, no longer feeling that cool and dark atmosphere that belongs to the van. Now it is rather hot and the sunlight forces my eyes to squint. I'm not the earliest person but I'm also not the latest so entering inside shouldn't be a big deal. Everyone knows that I'm very preoccupied with acting and modeling. 

" Good morning Mr.Kim!" The school guards greet me as I enter.They don't bother checking my book bag, my ID, nor what I carry on me. They simply allow me to enter because I'm a ' Trust worthy' Celebrity. 

" Hello!" I greet back with a forced smile. It's not that I don't appreciate their kindness towards me, but I'm tired and not in a good mood to be here. I carry on walking towards my class, simply strolling about.

" Yah! Kim Taehyung!" The sudden loud and unexpected voice surprises me so much I flinch. My head spins around to come in contact with one of my friends. My eyes open wide immediately and for some reason his face expression told me to run. 

" O-oh hi there!" I nervously greet and wave as I start to dart away from him. 

" ing Kim Taehyung!" My friend yells for me again meanwhile prowling after me. 

" Why are you chasing me?!" 

" you know exactly why!" 

" B-baekhyun hyung! Please! I don't know what I did wrong and you're scaring me!" I shout in nervousness as I become aware I'm sprinting towards a dead end. I attach my back against the wall and just wait for Baekhyun to catch up to me. 

" Taehyung! He smiles cheerfully and throws himself on me for a tight hug. I hug him back and I whimper when I feel My thigh getting slapped. 

" Ah! Hyung."

" What did I tell you about leaving me?" 

" Huh? When did I leave you?" 

" Yesterday!" Baekhyun pouts angrily." You didn't come to school." 

" Hyung you know I got a lot of responsibilities and a job to do, so I couldn't attend school yesterday and I'm sorry." I explain with an apologetic face expression. 

" Alright I forgive you. But please focus a lot on school because you're missing a lot." 

" I know hyung." I wrap my arm around his waist and we both lead each other to class. 

*・・・・・・*

" Thanks for driving me to school Tanaka!" 

" Your welcome young master. Have a nice day of school." 

" Great! Thanks a lot." 

My butler Tanaka, drops me off to school again. I stare at the usual prodigious building with my eyes squinting. I sniff at the air to consume the fresh atmosphere. I've been attending this school for three years now and I'm still as excited and as happy as the first time arriving here. I enter inside and the guards greet me meanwhile checking off my backpack, ID, and what I carry. 

" Have a nice day at school Jeon." 

" You too Mr.Cho." I smile and ramble around the hallways just to catch a glimpse of my friends. 

" Jungkook what's up?" A boy greets me with a handshake. 

" Nothing man," I respond, still on my aimless walk. 

" Good morning, Jungkook Oppa." A girl greets this time. 

" Hello there." 

" Aye! Jeon Jungkook!" A few peers of mine sing as they all offer me handshakes. 


" Morning to you all and have a very nice day." I greet past them. Most of the people that greet me are like strangers to me. Some of them, I haven't even seen before but since I became labeled friendly, Lot's of people aren't afraid to greet me first. At first I was confused as to why so many people came to randomly greet me but over time I've learned to get used to it. I guess this is how it feels like to be popular amid from people. 

" Hey Jungkook." I finally spot my friend at the locker area. 

" Good morning. Hoseok Hyung." I smile at him and he abruptly shut his locker door. I furrow my eyebrow as I look at him oddly. Hoseok stares back at me with a serious expression that somehow seemed like a bluff. 

" So you decided to cheat on me with another man, Jeon jungkook?" He asks me. his expression seems hurt and pissed of. 

" Pardon?" 

" You! Were creating adultery with someone else! You thought I wouldn't find out?" 

" Erm...Hyung."

" Silence!" he places his hand infront of my face, preventing me from speaking. " Whatever, it doesn't matter. To be honest, I cheated in you too." He continues with his foolish play. 

" I can explain Honey." I play along as well as placing only the heavy objects on my locker which happens to be one locker away from Hoseok. 

" No need for explanations! I'm done with you!" I chuckle ah his tone of voice. 

" Hoseok Hyung, If you really enjoy acting you should sign up for a class." I suggest and lean against the lockers since we have little time before class begins. 

" Nah, I'm gonna stick to rapping." 

" Are you sure? It seems to me like you're passionate about acting." 

" Well that's because it's fun! But I wanna rap." 

" Okay Hyung if you say so." He smiles and dumps his arm around my neck. 


" And you? How's your singing classes going?" 

" Boring." I respond. We saunter together, heading towards my classroom first. 

" Why?" 

" My teacher is making us write our own song, and that's not my best subject." 

" Why not? Your lyric writing is good and besides you gotta learn how to write your own songs in order to sing them." 

" What you say is true. But it's just my lazy mouth talking." I chuckle. 

" Haha lazy ! Train hard cause you got a vast chance to become a great singer. I know it's your biggest dream." 

" Thanks a lot hyung." 

" Your welcome. I'm going to class now and please don't forget to come to the cafe you promised us to go to!" 

" alright Hyung I won't! It's a real good cafe I swear." I bid goodbye to Him before walking alone to my class. I turn the corner of the hallway and almost bump in front of someone. I look up and lock eye contact with the guy in front of me. I recognize him on dramas and magazines.He is really handsome like everyone says. He's a heartthrob and makes everyone fond of him. 

He stares down at me with bright brown eyes. I as well can't seem to stop staring at him but ultimately I tear my gaze and walk away. There was no words said but I couldn't help but feel something. It feels intense and very worry some to me. Almost like if whatever just happened back there was a huge mistake.