Meaning

K-M-N

“real choco?” 
“Original chocolate?” 


Yugyeom has been pestering the convenient store owner for the upteempth time about the flavors of their ice cream, the said owner continue to reassure him smiling to keep his patience in check. 


“Yugyeom you can buy all that ice cream I can afford it” a man said standing in the corner texting and smiles occasionally while typing furiously. 


“Really hyung?” the younger perked up deciding to grab the ‘ice creams in question’ to the basket.


“Of course I’m rich man” flashing a smile that can rival the sun.


“Wow you really earn big this time don’t you?” the younger asked as he’s looking for more items to buy. 


“Yeah that’s why I called you out, my treat” 


“What about you hyung what will you get for yourself?”


“Ohh I’ll buy new game consoles later I’m actually asking a friend of mine where can I buy the newest games” 


“As expected from Youngjae hyung” Yugyeom hums as he’s inspecting the different kinds of choco shake inside the refrigerator. 

 


They were waiting as the cashier punch the barcode of every item in the machine. Yugyeom is anxious about the total while Youngjae keep on reassuring him “Relax I’m rich remember? I can afford this” 


“How much is the cash prize exactly?”
“More than enough to treat my favorite brother” Youngjae said laughing and Yugyeom giving him thumbs up though still anxious about the sum of the goods. 


Youngjae as the representative of their school to the regional singing competition even telecasted on one of the main broadcasting channels of the country had successfully snagged the championship, with this great feat he surely obtained great amount of money.

 


“And not only that you know, I also became popular” he said confidently while Yugyeom blinks at him


“Ohh you don’t believe me? Watch I’m gonna show you how” he said cheerily as he move forward to the counter to talk to another vacant cashier. 


“Excuse me, do you know the show Singing Live?” the said cashier nods while confuse to Youngjae’s sudden question.


“Ohh so you know Choi Youngjae?” he said clasping his hands while the cashier shook his head 
“You know the one who won the contest yesterday? You don’t remember? Ohh I can sing a part for you then---”


He’s getting ready to belt out the chorus when Yugyeom suddenly covered his mouth, embarrassed to other customers who are know eyeing them with curiosity and amusement. 


“Pay now hyung talk later” Yugyeom whispered as he drag his hyung away. 


They’re on their way back home when Yugyeom received a message from Jinyoung. 


“Ohh I see it’s the crooked door knob again” he said to himself while Youngjae is trying to take a peek. 


“We have to walk fast we need to rescue Jinyoung hyung” taking a bite to his snack “and Jaebum hyung” Yugyeom words came out muffled because of the snack


“What? Rescue Jinyoung hyung from Jaebum hyung?” Youngjae’s eyes widened while eyebrows are wiggled suggestively.


Yugyeom almost choke and quickly swallowed, “no! I said rescue them hyung urgh what to do with you?” the younger ended laughing while Youngjae laughs too because of embarrassment. 


“Why do we need to rescue them?”
“Well Jinyoung hyung’s door knob messed up again”
“Should we buy him a new door knob then? Youngjae said smiling glint of mischievousness in his eyes and Yugyeom smiled creepily as they walk back to the convenient store.

 


“Urgh what took him so long?” Jinyoung grunts again as he hasn’t received a reply from the younger and waiting with Jaebum is knocking the air out of him.


“Is it so bad to be with me?” Jaebum asked all of a sudden and move closer to the window “If it’s really that uncomfortable I’ll see myself out” he said smiling while guilt quickly covers Jinyoung but it’s too early to be mushy so he just speak in his usual ‘I don’t have the time to deal with that now’ tone. 


“Whatever you say Batman” he said before typing another message to Yugyeom. 


“Well Batman is so much better than witch” Jaebum smiled to himself as he grown fond of wearing the eyesore wings.


“You can wait for them while finishing your food” Jaebum said hurt that Jinyoung hasn’t finished his prepared breakfast. Sighing Jinyoung walked back to his study table to eat again. Jaebum just looks at him adoringly, his heart swells with pride that Jinyoung actually liked them. 


“Is it really tasty?” Jaebum inquired while Jinyoung nods pushing more food to his mouth. 
“Well you should know that you cooked them yourself right?” Jinyoung said while opening another container.
“I don’t know I’m not the type to eat my own cooking” he said nonchalantly while Jinyoung looks at him in confusion.
“Why?” 
“Hmm because I just… feel more pleased when other people appreciate my cooking and I don’t want to taste it afraid they’re just saying that not to hurt my feelings”


Jinyoung listened to him attentively “you’re cooking is really delicious, trust me” the words spilled out just like that and Jaebum smiled to him in gratitude. So as to prove his statement Jinyoung picked a roll from the container and raised it in front of the older’s face. Jaebum only stared at him unsure what the younger is trying to do then Jinyoung smiled saying “try it”. Jaebum reluctantly moved forward to accept the roll while Jinyoung belatedly realized “why am I feeding him?!?!” he internally screams.


When Jaebum tasted his own food he now understood as to why his friends keep on telling him to cook more, the compliments he received are now more meaningful. 


Jinyoung decided to shrug the odd tingly feelings he has inside and take another roll for himself.


“Thank you” Jaebum smiled as Jinyoung eats.
“For what?”
“For making me realize the value of my cooking and for……...feeding me” Jinyoung flight the blush creeping on his cheeks as he fans himself asking Jaebum to open the windows while he use that as an excuse to fix himself.


“Do you want to eat more?” said Jinyoung as Jaebum returns from opening the windows
“Well though I wanted to I only brought those” he said pointing to the chopsticks Jinyoung is using.
“Well we can share” Jinyoung suggested and gave one stick to Jaebum “here do it like this” he said stabbing the roll in one go, Jaebum chuckled at Jinyoung’s amazing (ridiculous) idea doing the same. 


They had finished all the containers but Yugyeom hasn’t returned yet so the two are now busy tidying up Jinyoung’s table and closing all the empty containers. That is when Jinyoung noticed something different to his room, why is there a plant in his bedside?. Eyeing the said plant Jaebum chuckled remembering the TRAP proposal of his friends and how literally they’re in that situation.  


“Why do our country’s national flower is in my room? He said pointedly to smiling Jaebum and the latter does his best not to grab his phone to capture Jinyoung’s pouting face.
“Well I should explain it to you then” motioning for Jinyoung to sit while Jaebum moves near to the said plant. 


“All the things being called as “nationals” carried with them significance that represents our country” he presented professionally while Jinyoung listen to him attentively.


“This plant in front of you is just like any of those, Roses of Sharon being our national flower bears the meaning of many trials and tribulations our country has overcome and the glories we have acquired as nation and I gave you a rose yesterday right?” Jaebum smiled and Jinyoung internally screams remembering the rose well more of struggling to remember as to where he had placed it yesterday. He schooled his face to masked his panic and smiled as he nods his head. 


“Well I realized rose is not enough to symbolize my feelings for you.Yeah I know it’s gives romantic thrills and all just like in the movies but you see they have thorns… they can hurt you… that’s why I want to replace it. I may want to make you happy and give these chills like what rose can do but I don’t want to hurt you just like what its thorns can do. Roses of Sharon as to what I said earlier signifies struggles and success so I want that it to be my symbol of my feelings, I told you earlier I’m willing to wait, court you traditionally thus I may faced difficulties along the way but I hope we can bloom into something as beautiful as them as they too signifies glories and accomplishment. 


Jaebum ended his passionate speech smiling while Jinyoung struggles to form a coherent sentence. He was moved by Jaebum’s declaration and determination making those butterflies move again to his stomach. 


“I sounded like I presented a report in class aren’t I?” Jaebum said to unease the stiff mood enveloping them, Jinyoung stood and rushed his way towards Jaebum and hug him. He doesn’t care if he looks aggressive compared to what he says, the fast one to dare to make a move though he explicitly told him to take things slow. Jaebum hugs him back with such gentleness unsure if this is true ‘is really Jinyoung hugging me?’ he keep the thought to himself afraid to ruin the moment. When Jinyoung pulled away unconsciously Jaebum cupped his cheeks adorning the former’s face up close and how the younger leaned into his touch. “Thank you” Jinyoung muttered and all can Jaebum do is smile “no problem, I’m willing to wait” he said leaning in when Jinyoung unceremoniously moved his face away shrugging as he takes a step back “great so no more kissing yet ok?” he turn his face towards Jaebum who only gapes at him. 


To know that  Yugyeom came back is easy to determine not because of the sounds of opening gate but his signature “chochocho” can be heard in the living room and it so easy to determine who is with him with the random english words thrown “I’m back man” “you open the door man” 


When Yugyeom open the door he was ready to Jinyoung’s nags when Youngjae’s face quickly took their hyung’s attention. 


“Wahh Youngjae congratulations!” Jinyoung said hugging him tightly
“Thank you hyung, Champion! Man can you believe that?
“I always believe in you” Jinyoung said moving away from the hug and the moment he did he glared at Yugyeom’s ‘innocent’ smiling face. 
“Yah I told you to hurry up!”
“Sorry hyung but hey we bought you a door knob” Yugyeom said lifting the plastic bag in his hand. Jinyoung was somehow appeased with that as he gave his attention back to Youngjae.
“So Mr. Champion what did you get your favorite hyung?” he said smiling whiskers showing while Youngjae responded with “door knob man” “wow so amazing” Yugyeom commented while Jinyoung’s face formed into a frown” 


“Kidding hyung I bought something for you of course your favorite meat flavored snack” Youngjae said merrily and Jinyoung’s whiskers reappeared. While they are having their ‘reunion’ at the door Jaebum stands there awkwardly unsure of what to do. Jinyoung soon remembers Jaebum’s presence as felt some burning gaze in his neck.


“Oh Jaebum hyung this is Youngjae the loveliest dosaeng I have and yeah Yugyeom” he said flatly and Jaebum walks forward shaking Youngjae’s extended hand. 


“My name is Youngjae” he said in a high pitch and Jaebum cooly introduce himself back “Im Jaebum”, to say Jinyoung is alarmed in an understatement he knows he should not feel jealous but Youngjae’s really cute especially when he smile and he’s no near liking the smile tugging to Jaebum’s lips. 


“You can remove your hand now” he said in between coughs. 


The unanticipated tension shatters to Jaebum’s phone ringing revealing Jackson’s caller id. He excused himself as he knows though speaker is not on any phone call with Jackson would seem like it. 


“He’s handsome hyung” Youngjae commented while Jinyoung can’t hold back himself to glare as a pang of jealousy hits him.


“Hyung where are you?” as expected Jackson’s voice is loud
“Jinyoung’s why?”
“Up to now?”
“Yeah”
“Ohh I guess our plan worked” Jackson said merrily high-fiving Bambam
“It’s the plant right?” Jackson said and Jaebum smiled patting himself from giving much senseful explanation than the two
“Well you can say that”
“So you’re official now?”
“Nope”
“Ugh how did it worked then?”
Jaebum contemplates if he can say that Jinyoung hugged him afraid of being caught so he decided not to
“Aish I’ll tell you later at school”
“Ahh hyung your coach wants to see you” Bambam cut in
“That’s actually why I called well part of it because I’m more interested to know what happened between you two”
“Ok tell him I’ll be there asap” 


Jaebum ended the phone call and return inside to say his goodbye. 


Jaebum: “I’ll go ahead now Jinyoung, thanks for letting me in earlier Yugyeom and nice to meet you Youngjae”


Jinyoung: “ohh can’t you wait for me to wash the containers?”


Jaebum: “nahh it’s okay I can wash them myself” grabbing the plastic bag where the containers are placed 


“So I’ll see you later?” Jaebum said taking one last glance at Jinyoung and the latter nods


Jaebum exited while Jinyoung shouts “drive safely” and closed the gate. 


“You sounded like a housewife” Yugyeom said cheekily 
“He’s a husband material” Youngjae said sighing 


Jinyoung is not sure who pissed him but he strided as he catch the two running around to save their lives.

 


Turns out the school only required them to report back to give awards and to show appreciation to the student body and faculty members who made the foundation day successful. Surely time flies as the students are dismissed and Jinyoung is not ready to leave yet as his daily dose of Jaebum is not yet satisfied. The younger is about to give up when he saw Jaebum practicing in basketball court, the older is now chugging a bottle of water while Jinyoung stood in an ideal distance staring in awe on how Jaebum transforms drinking a simple water into a what seems like a popular beverage commercial, how badly he wants to be that bottle. His reverie ended as his phone vibrated. Taking his phone out revealing Yugyeom’s caller id. 


“Hello?”
“Hyung where are you?”
“School why?”
“Are you done?”
“Done with what?”
“With finding Jaebum game” he said as laughters echoed in the other end
“Yah Kim Yugyeom what are you talking about?!” he said embarrassed that his friends know him so well
“No need to deny hyung we certainly know”
“Is this the reason why you called to tease me? Because if it is then I’m hanging up”
“Easy hyung ok so I’m with Youngjae hyung now but I placed the props in your compartment, so can you return them today?”
“Yeah sure but text me the address of the shop ok?”
“alright” 


Jinyoung took one last glance at drinking Jaebum and leave daily dose now satisfied.

 


Jinyoung has been driving for an hour and the more he follows the order of direction as to where the said shop is the more isolated the view is. He’s now at a remote area, houses countable in fingers he called Yugyeom to clarify the directions. 


“Hello hyung”
“Are you sure this is the address of the shop? I barely can see a house in here”
“Have you seen a house with bamboo as gates?”
“No”
“Drive farther then”
“Yugyeom I’m not sure if there’s still a road ahead of this”
“Drive farther less talking hyung”


Jinyoung snorts and true to the younger’s words there on what seems like the end of the road a house barely standing made in weak materials stood and bamboos act as gate tied together protecting it. 


“This is not a shop”
“Well hyung the old lady had this amazing and realistic spooky props so she willingly lent us”
“I’m not sure this house can be a home to a lot of things”
“Hyung can’t you tell from the exterior that those things fit there?” Jinyoung eyed the placed where it surely gives a haunting house aura.
“Well yes but these things are so many I doubt if they’ll fit here”
“Well don’t judge the book by its cover hyung it’s somehow sturdy than how you see it”
“Says the one who didn’t judge first.” Jinyoung ended the conversation and opened the compartment and carry the remaining boxes. 


He’s standing in front of the gate unsure if he has to knock cautious that the bamboos will collapse. He called for the said old lady instead shattering the peaceful mood. When the gate opened, it revealed an old yet calm grandma, hair white, skin filled with lines same to her face she smiled to Jinyoung and the latter did the same. 


“Hi grandma ahm I’m actually a friend of the tall guy who you met”
“Yugyeom” she answered
“Yeah so I’m here to return the props and we’re really grateful for your help”


The grandmother ushered him inside as Jinyoung placed the boxes inside of what Yugyeom says “sturdy”. True to his words Jinyoung was able to placed the boxes, he’s ready to leave when the grandma offered her a drink. 


Jinyoung respectfully bowed and thank her, grandmother is surely a kind and helpful person as she let Yugyeom borrowed them without rental fees and now she offered Jinyoung a drink. 


“You look relieved now” she said smiling as Jinyoung notice sweat dripping on his face and how he quickly gulped the water at once. 


“Ahh yeah because of your drink--”


“Better than you seem before after the spell”


“Spell?” Jinyoung asked her incredulously he can feel his throat go dry and cold sweat dripping on his back. 


“Seems like you need a reminder” she said closing Jinyoung’s eyes as darkness envelops his vision and seen himself limping his way with bruised face and drunk as he continue to savor the liquor on his hand. 


“Am I not enough for you?” he asked to no one in particular as he sat on the sidewalk, unable to continue walking in his state.


“I loved you no I still do yet you do this to me? Huh! Then you tell me it’s my fault how could you?! Stupid fairy tales claiming after prince charming kissed his princess they live happily ever after! Pabo that’s not true she’ll just cheat on you after you rescued and kissed her………...just like what she did to me.” Jinyoung keeps on mumbling as an old lady approached her. 


“Son are you alright?”
“Oh hi grandma do you believe in love?”
“Yes?”
“Ohh no grandma don’t because it’s not true unlike what the fairy tales keep on feeding us”
“What happened son?” 
the old lady smiled at him calmly and that’s how he ended up telling her his heartbreak”


“When we had our first kissed it was just like how those magical feeling movies make you but realer and better, I thought we’re doing well but just one snap she has her lips pressed to another guy” Jinyoung then drops the bottle in his hand. “My mom always tells me that kiss is something so precious it signifies love so you have to treat it with such importance, I did grandma I gave her my kiss because I thought she’s the one yet she did this to me……”


“Well what do you want to do about it?”


“I don’t know of course I should move on but it’s easier said than done” he keeps his head low as he’s ashamed and tired of pain in his chest.


“I’ll grant you a wish” and with that Jinyoung lift his head smiling ruely. 


“Really like a genie?”


“Yes”


“So I’ll have three wishes then”


“Sure”


Jinyoung thought for his wishes for a while but too drunk to function properly so he just blurted out 


“Forget her, like no trace of her in my life make her vanish. Then second “I don’t want to be kissed again just I don’t know save my kisses for the one for me” he can’t articulate his words well but the old lady nods trying to make sense in his wishes. 


“What’s the third one?” 


That is when Jinyoung’s vision blurred and darkness soon follows.  

 

Hello so 7 has always been my lucky number so I decided to somehow reveal the meaning of the title, don't worry I'll explain further and pls be patient then for tons of flashbacks. I haven't checked this yet so if you saw any mistakes I'm so sorry but I still hope this is good enough. (thanks again for correcting me I should've been more careful) Also I cried a river seeing Youngjae again! wahh he's back so now I can include him haha