TRAP

K-M-N

Jaebum sleeping comfortably in his bed, he was so worn out yesterday that he didn’t seem to bother to move a muscle even though noises envelops his room. There in his room Jackson and Bambam discussing in his study table with papers and pens messily sprawled all over the table. 


“Think this is alright?”
“We should really include this one”
“Isn’t this is a little too much?”
“There’s no such thing as ‘too much’ when you love someone”
“Aish hyung it’s too early for your cheesiness” 


After finishing their so called meeting and finishing their messy outlines in the whiteboard, Jaebum still lingers in his dreamland. His friends overpowered with excitement decided that it’s time for the older to wake up. 


“Jaebum hyung wake up” Bambam pokes his hyung’s sides gently but the older didn’t move a bit


“That’s not how you do it Bambam, here watch me” Jackson said and kneeled against Jaebum’s side. “Jaebummie” he said in a high pitch tone, Bambam covered his ears it’s seriously squeaky for his own liking, Jaebum moved but only to roll to another side of his bed and Bambam rolled his eyes too. 


They tried tickling the older, blasting music in max but Jaebum managed to make their efforts set in vain. He was so tired and he wasn’t planning to get up just yet as their classes will be held in the afternoon. 


Both of them were frustrated how come their overly perfectionist and always on time friend doesn’t stir when they are so sure that he wakes up early everyday. “Maybe he’s really tired hyung we should just let him be” Bambam said after hearing a few snores but Jackson quickly negates him “what will you get from giving up Bam? We have to wake him up now he needs to see this, we’re just doing this for his own sake." How can an act of depriving clearly exhausted and tired friend from getting his much deserve sleep is a good deed, only both of them can justify. 


“I have an idea” Jackson said and whispered to the younger.


“YAH IM JAEBUM WAKE UP!” Jackson shouted in his ears, Jaebum’s ears suddenly rings in recognition and irritation his eyes bolt up. He’s  awake and ready to charge forward when Bambam abruptly shouted “IN COMING!”. And just like that he felt an additional weight to his back and heard a crack. 


“Are you awake now hyung?” Jackson said cheerily. Jaebum nod and Bambam rolled off him.
“Why aren’t you getting up?” Bambam asked eyebrows furrowed
“I think you just broke a limb” is all can Jaebum said as he’s struggling to get up.  

 


“What’s wrong with you two, haven’t you check the schedules today?” Jaebum asked as he was making his bed
“We know hyung the classes were moved in the afternoon” Bambam said in a matter of fact voice
“Then what’s with these attempts of waking me up?”
“Because we have a surprise for you” Bambam said and Jackson moved a whiteboard behind him. They shoved the whiteboard to Jaebum’s face and the older is having a difficulty understanding the overly colorful board.


He moved the board away from his face and take a better look, colorful words messily written and he seriously can’t make any meaning out of it. “Ahm what’s this?” is all can Jaebum say, his friends expectant faces suddenly fell down at their hyung’s lack of appreciation.


“Wow we woke up early for that” is all Jackson can say clutching his chest and feigning to look displease. 
“We had a hard time looking for your writing materials and this is all we can get from you” Bambam said trying to add in his guilt. 


Jaebum can only sigh he doesn’t really understand anything but some shapes like hearts were drawn along with smiley faces. Even some doodlings like food, hanbok and flowers were drawn. “Is this a thank you card?” Jaebum concluded in his own mind, like seriously he didn’t mean to upset them but shouldn’t they at least explain it. 


“Guys hey thank you I didn’t mean to upset you but can you explain to me what is this?” Jaebum tried to lower his tone to sound comforting and calm and his friends somehow appeased with that. 


“Ok we came up with this wonderful idea on how to give back to all of your good deeds for us” Bambam said smiling


So he was right this is a thank you card after all. 


“Ohh you don’t need to give me a thank you card..” Jaebum said calmly but smiling at his friends’  thoughtfulness 


“Ohh we came up better than that” Bambam said proudly


“So what is this exactly?” Jaebum asked still calm as he’s not on the mood for further discussions as he let the youngsters demonstrate to whatever this is.


“Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you TRAP!” Jackson said in a gallant tone while Bambam claps enthusiastically like a seal and Jaebum found himself unconsciously clapping too while confusion written over his face. 


“Ok so what is this?” Jaebum asked again, not that he was rushing but it seems like his question is still not address yet. 


“Bambam care to explain what TRAP means” Jackson asked extending his hand and Bambam steps forward to his side leaving Jaebum alone sitting in his bed. 


“For our lovely hyung who was so in love yet rejected yesterday” Bambam said in a dramatic tone faking his sobs and Jaebum glared at Jackson for claiming again he was rejected.


“As you’re loving and caring friends we want to help you solving your heart aches so we propose this project to you the TRAP”


“You’re not telling me this is a plan to trap Jinyoung right?” Jaebum asked pointedly and the two shook their heads. 


“Nahh hyung we’ll not trap him literally rather with this project surely he’ll be trap in your love” Jackson said winking at him and Jaebum blinks still confuse. 


“Ok can you somehow clearly define what this is?” Jaebum asked again, he hates being repetitive but with these two seems like he has to be used it.


“T for Traditional” Jackson said suddenly forming a T with his body
“R for Romantic” Bambam said struggling to form the letter as he forms a circle to his side and lift his right leg. 
“A for Acquisition” 
“Of” they said in chorus
“P for Park Jinyoung” Bambam finished with a grinning


Jaebum was blinking at them, what was that all about?


“Ok hyung it seems like you’re eyes needs to be checked as you can’t read the words” Jackson said picking up the whiteboard 


“I’m pretty sure my eyes are perfectly fine, just that you really have a messy handwriting” Jaebum retorted back. 


“Ok we have these steps on how to court the love of your life in a traditional yet romantic way” Bambam said and they started presenting their project. 


“Hyung we did a research about this so don’t worry, you’ll have him as long as you follow these” Jackson said confidently while Jaebum nods absentmindedly. 


“First the best way to a man’s heart is through his stomach so hyung you need to cook”


“I can cook well Jackson, I just have to go the kitchen then”


“Not so fast loverboy, you have to cook traditional foods like kimchi, stew, samgyeopsal, pork bulgogi”


“Are you sure this is for Jinyoung? It seems like their just you favorite dishes” Jaebum said and both of his friends gave him a look telling him ‘they really did a research’. 


“Next hyung you have to be romantic, give him flowers”


“I already gave him a rose yesterday Bam” Jaebum said flatly but Bambam shook his head


“Nope hyung we have to be traditional and romantic remember?”
“Fine what will I give then?”
“This” Jackson said picking up some pot hidden in his study table. “Not only roses rather Roses of Sharon hyung”, “they’re romantic because well they are basically roses and traditional because this is the Korea’s national flower” Bambam proudly said and Jaebum controls himself from banging his head. 
“Aren’t those from my garden though?” Jaebum quickly noticed how red Jackson’s ears got and he quickly nudges Bambam to quickly present the next step.
 
 “Well hyung this is the last step and we are so sure he’ll be swoon with this one”
Jaebum eagerly listened to them and shifts forward, Jackson walked to his cabinets looking for something while Bambam keeps on presenting.


“Your choice of clothing speaks too hyung aren’t you familiar with wearing your heart on your sleeve? So you have to show him you’re genuine feelings on how you dress yourself”


“I’m pretty sure that’s not the definition of that line Bam” Jaebum said disappointed with Bambam’s reasoning. 


Jackson then emerges bringing a clothes covered in dark plastic 


“Jaebum hyung I present to you the clothing we just ordered online earlier” Jackson said opening the zipper of the covering “tada” there he’s greeted with a white and blue hanbook. 


“Ohh I almost forgot” said Bambam inspecting the plastic and revealed a gat (hat)  and the silk flowery shoes. 


Jaebum wants to cry right now unsure if it’s tears of joy or from laughter he keeps holding. 


“So what do you say? You’re so excited to fit it right?” Jackson said smiling and Jaebum laughs awkwardly as his friends are really serious about this. 


“I appreciate it guys really but I can’t wear that” Jaebum tried his best not to sound too mean but his friends’ faces were already gloomy. 


“Why not hyung?” Bambam whined
“When told me he wants to be courted traditionally I personally think he’s not referring of me getting to that extent” 
“But hyung you have to show him how much you love him”
“I have my ways Jackson don’t worry”
“Hyung you really have to show him how much you care”
“With these extreme means?” Jaebum asked incredulously
“Because there’s no such thing as too much in love hyung” Bambam looked at him eyes dramatically telling him to wear the outfit.
“Says the one who had complained about me being so cheesy” Jackson snorts and Bambam glared at him.   


“If this is really so important for you guys then I’ll do it” Jaebum said afterwards as he can see how both of his friends perked up. Jaebum stood up and moved his way down the stairs as the two followed along pestering him with questions.


“So you’re going to wear it?” 
“Nope”
 “Ugh why not?” 
“I told you already not to that extent” 


“Do you really love him?”
“Yes”
“Like really really love him?”
“Yes"
“With all your mind?”
“Yes”
“With all your soul?”
“Yes”
“Do you love him?”
“Yes”
“Do you love us?”
“Yes”
“Will you wear the hanbok?”
“No”
“Ohh come on hyung”


“What will you do then?” 
“I’ll do all your suggestions excluding that hanbok”
“Ahh hyung the suit will be perfect”
“I’ll look creepy with that”
“But yesterday was your creepiest image”


And with that Jackson run shouting around the house like running for his life while Jaebum is chasing him and Bambam following still trying to convince his hyung. 

 

 


Jinyoung sleeps covered in his blanket, when he was informed of schedules being pushed down he wasted no time and continue drifting off to sleep again. Yugyeom’s knocks to his door was futile and the younger decided to barge in instead as the said door is having a malfunction again sometimes it’s locked in the inside corner yet he can open it while the worst is that the one inside can’t open it anymore and only the person outside can help Jinyoung out. 


“Hyung wake up” Yugyeom said pointing to different parts of Jinyoung’s face he was responded with a slur “let me sleep”


“You’ll miss breakfast if you don’t get up”
“I don’t care”


Yugyeom sigh as he stood up and making his way to the door when suddenly he speaks loudly just for Jinyoung to hear “Ohh Jaebum hyung I didn’t know you’ll come. You see Jinyoung hyung is sleeping yet can you help me wake him up he’s surely a heavy sleeper?”


“Quit it Gyeom I won’t fall for your trick anymore”
“You sure you don’t want to eat now?” is all Yugyeom can asked before he was responded with a overly sounded snooze. 


Jaebum after cooking breakfast for Jinyoung and set them in containers, placed the said flower pot in his compartment (it really came from his garden) while the hanbok  well he’ll wear that someday not just this time he promised to appease his friends.


“Lock the house when you leave, just hand me the keys at school” is all can Jaebum said driving his way to Jinyoung’s house while the two stared at him enthusiastically.


“Think it will work?” Asked Bambam as they were outside the gate. 
“It has to be considering all of the efforts he made”
“I just hope Jinyoung hyung will not break his heart again”
“I hope so too Bam, I hope TRAP will be the solution”


Ringing the doorbell Jaebum was rehearsing his speech. 
“Good morning Jinyoung I brought you something” 
“urgh too stiff”
“Hello I’m officially courting you now”
“Too straightforward”


Jaebum keeps on scolding himself to realize that the gate had already opened revealing the talking mannequin yesterday well ‘less pale and scarier in the broad daylight’ Jaebum thinks. 


“Ohh hi is Jinyoung here? I just came to return the wings” Jaebum motioned to his back, the wings he’s wearing the second time around. Yugyeom can only say “ohh’ as he let Jaebum in. 


“He’s probably still sleeping, he’s a heavy sleeper you know” Yugyeom said murmuring to him like sharing a gossip and Jaebum chuckled “I don’t mind”


“Hey Sleeping beauty your Prince is here to see you” Yugyeom said while knocking to the door he still doesn’t receive a reply so he casually open Jinyoung’s door. If Jinyoung was covered an hour ago well now he’s lying chaotically in his bed as it looks like a typhoon had walk over him, hair tousled to different places. Yugyeom was contemplating to wake his hyung to inform him that Jaebum is really here but he doubt that the older will be convinced so he just let Jaebum seen him in this state. 


“Told you he is” Yugyeom said shrugging while a smile appear in Jaebum’s lips ‘he’s so cute’ he told himself. 
“You can just placed the wings there I can just inform him, ahm not really saying you should go but is it okay for you to wait for him to wake up?” Yugyeom asked with voice laced with concern and embarrassment. 


“I can wait for him to wake up besides seems like I interrupted your duties” Jaebum said noticing the cleaning materials placed in the living room. “Ok then you can stay there I’ll just have to fix the living room” Yugyeom said sparing one last smile to Jaebum and closing the door. 


“I thought Sleeping beauty has a Prince while Beast has Bell. Oh well reality is really different from expectations.” is all Yugyeom said as he returns to the living room to continue tidying the place. Not that he judge Jaebum but he sure looks like a beast with his gazes sometimes (handsome beast as his admirers will put it).


Jaebum roams around the room, medals, certificates were placed filling a shelf while another set of shelves are full of books. He was glad he was welcomed to Jinyoung’s room like he’s being able to have a share in his life but he felt guilty as he’s like intruding the younger’s privacy. 


Jaebum just then decided to put the pot near to Jinyoung’s bedside end and while his packed breakfast on the younger’s study table. He looks around the place again as if trying to familiarize himself but he’s eyes always bring him back to his Sleeping beauty. He sleeps so peacefully,snoring at times and puffing his cheeks Jaebum resists himself from pinching his cheeks and just decided that one picture of him won’t hurt. He snaps a photo of the younger’s  face lips parted slightly bangs sprawled messily into his forehead. He looks really young and cute in Jaebum’s eyes. 


Twenty minutes has passed since he got here Jinyoung stirred side to side. Jaebum waiting patiently for the younger to wake up. When Jinyoung slowly opened his eyes he was greeted with a sitting Jaebum facing him straightly with smile carved in his face, Jinyoung thought this is another random dream and shrugged closing his eyes again. But he’s not sleepy anymore so he push himself up and opened his eyes but there again he sees Jaebum smiling at him amused clearly written all over his face. Jinyoung suddenly slapped himself “Am I dreaming?” he said while feeling the tingling pain in his cheeks and palm. He walked straightly directly to the said hallucination and suddenly poke him in his cheeks. 


“Good morning Sleeping Beauty”
And Jinyoung’s so shocked he step backwards but slipped due to his sketchpad lying on the floor he was so prepared to hit the ground when something or rather someone has caught him in his waist. They were staring each other Jinyoung’s mind kept on screaming ‘so handsome’ while Jaebum has ‘so cute’ engraved in his mind. But suddenly remembering that he may look beyond horrible Jinyoung scuffle out of Jaebum’s clutch he covered his mouth while Jaebum blinks at him. 


“What are you doing here?” he’s voice came out hoarse and muffled with his hand covering his mouth. 


“Waiting for you to wake up” he said smiling


“Why?”
“I just want to return the wings also I brought you breakfast since we haven’t able to catch dinner yesterday” Jaebum rubbed the back of his neck feeling guilty for not feeding the younger yesterday. 


Jinyoung smiled in his covering and suddenly speaks up “wait for me” he said as he went to the bathroom and fixed himself. 


“I’ve always have” Jaebum said in reply


“Keep it cool it’s broad daylight Jinyoung ok nothing will happen” Jinyoung keep on reassuring himself, having able to wash up, brush his teeth, comb his hair and dress in a decent clothing. He stepped outside the bathroom returning to his room when he saw Jaebum picking up his sketchpad. He quickly surge forward and successfully snatching it away. 


“Are you trying to take a peek?” he asked clutching the paper near his chest
“Not really I was just picking it up, you could’ve slip again if that paper gets in the way”
“Thanks but next time let me tidy my things”


Jinyoung said putting the sketchpad in his drawer and locking it
“You could have fallen for me twice you know” Jaebum said smirking and Jinyoung turns away. 


“By the way I brought you breakfast” Jaebum said motioning to Jinyoung to sit and eat in his study table. Jinyoung eats the food smile never leaving his face and take time to say “it’s really delicious” Jaebum just smiled glad that the younger approved his cooking


“Where did you buy it?” asked Jinyoung continue to stuff his mouth
“Ohh I didn’t buy those I actually made them” he said shyly and Jinyoung eyes widened ‘can’t he be more perfect’ he tells himself. 
“Really how come you cook so well?”
“Maybe because having friends with huge appetite surely will make one to cook well also…”
Jinyoung looked up at him to continue his sentence. “Also you know the fastest way to a man’s heart is through his stomach so I hope this also goes with you” Jaebum said keeping his head low while Jinyoung stops munching and he can feel his stomach doing weird flips and throat going dry. 


When Jinyoung stops eating Jaebum turns to looked at him concern “are you okay?” He waved his hand at the younger’s face but Jinyoung is no near responsive so he stood up decided to fetch Jinyoung a water but he was shocked as the door knob he keeps on twisting didn’t open. 


“what‘s wrong with this?” Jaebum muttered under his breath and Jinyoung caught his attention he moved closer to try it himself but the door refused to open. Jinyoung walks over his night stand and texted Yugyeom “we’re trapped” and hit send.

 

 

I was struggling on the first part as I didn't know what to do but just like what I said we'll have jjp so I have to squeeze them in haha. I'm so sorry if this is so long but I hope you like it I was actually inspired because of the comments really thank you, I really need a feedback to this. To all who those who viewed, read, subscribe and to the one who upvoted thank you very much it means a lot more than I'll ever say. I hope this is good enough and get well soon Youngjae!

 

(I forgot to proofread it yesterday so I'm so sorry to the typos and grammar mistakes, thank you for pointing it out I really appreciate it :) )