Patience?

K-M-N

After a 20-minute staring game between the two Jaebum cough awkwardly to fish out his wallet to pay Jinyoung for the kiss but Jinyoung shook his head “you don’t have to” while smiling his whiskers shows. Jaebum gasp for air before responding “I have to pay for the kiss and yet you indebted me again with your smile so I really have to pay you need to have something in return too you know” 


Jinyoung: “but I already gained something”
Jaebum: “huh what exactly?” he asked incredulously 


Jinyoung have to smile before responding “you” and laugh awkwardly as both of them can start a tomato contest on how red their cheeks have become. 


“Jaebum think of something don’t make a fool out of yourself get it together chick and y” Jaebum keep on scolding himself and coolly respond back “I don’t think we’re in a relationship yet” 


Jinyoung tried his best not to snap at this remark seriously how dare he used his words to twist the situation. The lights on the booth from yellow change into eyesore red and the talking mannequin’s voice got their attention “Jinyoung hyung we need to close now I have to return some props to those shops. Can you at least return half of these props though?” 

 


“Yeah sure good job today Gyeom”
“Yeah you two hyung good job for hooking a boyfriend” they both flush red as they heard steps going farther. “I swear I’ll rip his head later” Jinyoung can only curse in his mind as he doesn’t want to embarrass himself in front of Jaebum.


“You heard him its closing time nice to meet you Jaebumssi I hope you have a nice day” Jinyoung decided to go back to formalities to get back to Jaebum’s remark earlier. As if sensing Jinyoung’s grouchiness Jaebum help the younger pack the different props hung in the walls. 


Jinyoung: “what are you doing?”
Jaebum: “helping you”
Jinyoung: “but why? You’re not part of our class though you don’t have to”
Jaebum: “but I want to consider this as a payment?”


Jinyoung can only puff his cheeks for Jaebum’s stubbornness but only to say “Nooooo” after Jaebum put off the lights and packed them unaware of Jinyoung’s displeasure. Jinyoung froze at the spot, he hated darkness it gives him the sense of insecurity and can’t stop thinking of possible danger ensuing afterwards thus he can’t protect himself. Jaebum after observing realizes that this is the only source of light they have yet he turn it off scratch that he packed it already and Jinyoung still needs to see outside of the booth if there’s still some stuffs he needed to pack. He can only fish out for his phone to illuminate the place he spotted Jinyoung turn into a statue not moving and see him pale, eyes wider than the usual. He concluded at the sight that Jinyoung is not fond of darkness and may be having a mental breakdown before him. 


He walked towards Jinyoung only to be grabbed harshly into a hug. “Don’t leave me” he keep on muttering as Jaebum places circles in his back and keep on reassuring him “Nope I won’t leave you”. They stayed like that for good 5 minutes (too short for Jaebum’s liking) before Jinyoung composes himself and responded “good for you really have to help me pack these props after what you did”, he let go of Jaebum and fish for his phone too to turn the flashlight on. 


“So embarrassing” Jinyoung muttered on his breath while packing the remaining props


They exited the booth and tried to pack this horrendous props of amputated figure, displaced legs and hands covered with blood. While Jinyoung clumsily pick up some stuffs he accidentally hit that automatic machine that hugs people in the waist he was engrossed in packing he was startled to feel some hands in his waist. Due to his battery on the brink the light of his phone was affected too, weakening the quality. He struggled to the hold while trying to look on the said owner of the hands but the hands were holding him so firm and he resigned to just talk to the owner of hands. “Jaebum you see I know I told you can court me but can we keep the skinship to minimum? I want to take things slow between us and I don’t think this haunted house is the ideal place for your confession but I appreciate it and I was actually glad to know that you feel the same way. I’m sorry I couldn’t kiss you properly earlier but believe me I have reasons, valid reasons and don’t worry I do…..


Before Jinyoung can finish his monologue he felt the hands retreating he was surprised and turn around to see Jaebum pull out the electrical wire from the socket. 


“Ahm how long you’ve been there?” asked Jinyoung embarrassed to confess his feelings to a machine
“Just got here while looking for you. We can share my phone’s flashlight yours is on the brink already” Jaebum smiled innocently and Jinyoung felt relief rush to his body. 

 


“I’ll take you home” Jaebum said after a while exiting the school premises
“No it’s okay my house is actually 20 min walk from here I can manage” 
“Can you bring all of these props? I highly doubt it, so this is the only thing I can do after you know about the lights”
“Whatever you say fairy…. Ahm witch” Jinyoung chuckled after seeing the eyesore spread out wings worn in Jaebum’s back. 
Jaebum can only smile Jinyoung carrying the decapitated figure in the dark alleys can be more frightening than his wings. 


The walk to Jinyoung’s house is filled with laughter as they try to get to know each other. They tried to know more while simultaneously expressing themselves too. 


“So Jaebum hyung do you have anything special in you than your handsomeness?” Jinyoung inquired and silently praised himself for not stammering
“Hmm I’m actually one the school paper’s official photographer and also member of the varsity for basketball” 
“Wow too much curricular I see”
“What about you what’s more to that cuteness?” 
Jinyoung eyes widened brush off those butterfly flying in his stomach and responded “nothing much actually I contribute to literary section of the school paper and part of the academic team”
“I know” Jaebum muttered under his breath, “what do you mean with I know?” 
“I know cause I liked you so much to the point I daily observe (stalk) you. That I was booming with pride when you achieve things, and I’m the one to look for the pictures to be used as your background in your poems” Jaebum wanted to say that but instead responded with “ Of course you’re pretty popular you know being part of the academic team surely has its privileges your name and face is always on tarpaulins” 
“Ohh yeah I just thought you know something deeper” Jinyoung sighed in relief him being a contributor to literary section under a pseudonym is actually one of his greatest secret; good thing Jaebum didn’t know it yet (for Jaebum is his muse and he doesn’t have the courage to tell him that yet).


“Should I ask him about his poems well he told me already about him being a contributor so I think I won’t be suspicious anymore” Jaebum already has the courage to ask when Jinyoung said something out of the blue “You know my parents always tells me the value of patience. Before I overlook that but started regretting it I should’ve listen to them.” “Well I can’t blame you though waiting is really difficult especially now things are so instant and convenient” “Yeah even relationship is instant” “yeah that… huh what?” Jaebum looks confused to his sudden statement. “Having someone is so instant nowadays even breaking up is so easy over text or social media that’s why I’m telling you this I didn’t want to be courted using these mediums call me traditional but I want to start right let’s take things slow”


Jaebum is shocked he didn’t realize that Jinyoung is serious about this ‘thing’ between them. When Jaebum only looked at him Jinyoung is starting to doubt his intention, “maybe he’s not the one for me” he thought. Walking faster Jinyoung didn’t expect to hear Jaebum’s answer


“You’re worth the wait” 


Jaebum fastens his pace to shorten the distance between them while spewing his genuine thoughts out loud “I have waited years and I’m not going to stop at least not until you tell me so”  
“I know you’re probably hesitant but I’ll prove to you I’m not like those people who’ll be careless of your trust” and finally as both of them standing next to each other “I’ll tell you now that I’m not good with words, I can’t even form poetic verses but listen to me I’ll work hard to earn you…. So you can be mine”


Jinyoung chuckled at the thought of finally meeting someone who’ll be patient enough to be with him, who’ll work hard to have him. He tried his best not to show how glad he is by simply saying “I hope you keep your promise for this is different from your ball games you need more than stamina to win.”


“Believe me I will and don’t you worry my stamina is not the only thing that is strong”


Jinyoung chuckled “then what else?”


“My feelings for you” Jaebum smiled as Jinyoung turn into tomato.

 

 

 

 

Hello I'm not sure if this is good enough but I tried haha. I'll introduce other characters as the story progresses. (Get well soon sunshine)