Fears and Comfort

Secret Love Song

[Flashback - a day before Sinb got kidnapped]

Choi Hyun Suk has been walking back and forth in front of his office desk for the past 10 minutes, face looks too bothered with the unchanging glares on his eyes.

 

Yuju's grandma: "If it's not his daughter, no one can replace Jin Young in this company even if he's already dead for years."

Yuju's grandfather: "Find and bring back my granddaughter. Find Yuna, I need her in this company"

 

He tighten his hold on the glass of wine as he found those words repeating in his mind.

 

Choi Hyun Suk: "Granddaughter from that bastard son who only causes trouble... I AM YOUR SON TOO!"

 

He shouted angrily and the next thing to hear was the sound of shuttered glass of wine hitting the floor.

 

He breathes heavily after throwing all of his anger. His anger, insecurity, and hatred that he kept for years after doing all the efforts but was only turned down by the fact that his brother was never forgotten as the first son and the supposed to be CEO of their company.

 

Choi Hyun Suk: "So what am I after all these years? I did everything, isn't it enough?" He even questioned himself.

 

*knock knock knock*

 

A knock on the door interrupts the building up of dark thoughts in his mind. Calming himself first before he asks "Who is it? Come in" 

 

An unknown man enters the office as Hyun Suk ordered and walks directly into him.

 

Choi Huun Suk: "I hope you didn't come here for nothing, so how's the search for that kid Choi Yuna?"

 

Unknown man: "Our men already found her. Her current location is at Jeju Island, on a particular resort and she was seen to be with someone."

 

Choi Hyun Suk: "Someone?" He tilted his head as he asks.

 

Unknown man: "Yes, someone. You won't even believe who was with her. It's Hwang Eun Bi, we believed that she's the daughter of your brother's killer"

 

Choi Hyun Suk: "The daughter of my brother's killer (Sinb) and my brother's daughter (Yuju)? I see~~" A smirk formed on his lips as he thought of something.

 

Unknown man: "I'm waiting for your order, should we take her with us to bring her back here?"

 

Choi Hyun Suk: "Right, take her with you and also that Hwang Eun Bi. But remember this as I say, don't ever bring them back here. Keep those two into somewhere, It's time for my sweet revenge"

 

Unknown man: "Sweet revenge?"

 

Choi Hyun Suk: "Don't ask questions and just do your job, I'm the one who pay you here right? Just do what I said, you understand?"

 

Unknown man: "I understand" He bravely replies.

 

Choi Hyun Suk: "Just send me the details later on where are you going to bring them"

 

Unknown man: "As you say, I'll be going now."

 

The man immediately leaves after hearing Hyun Suk's command. He walks out of the door and went directly to the elevator. Not even noticing the girl who acted passing by on the corridors, the girl who was secretly listening to their conversation behind the closed door earlier.

 

Eunseo, who just got discharged from the hospital that day was supposed to show up to her father but was taken a back when she senses a weird feeling when she saw a man entering her father's office.

 

She stays on the doorway and slightly opens the door, avoiding any kind of noise and that's how she secretly listened to the whole conversation.

 

When she saw the man who was about to walk out of the room she acted as if she's just passing by. But after that, she immediately run to the nearest fire exit where no one can hear her voice and dialled someone's number.

 

Eunseo: "Hello Umji?"

 

Umji: "Oh Eunseo? I'm glad you finally pay a call, I thought you're already bedridden"

 

Eunseo: "Yah! After you crashed us, it's all your fault kiddo!"

 

Umji: *laughs* "But I seriously felt sorry, I wanted to pay a visit to you and say this... mianhae~~ you're free to blame me, It's all my fault anyway"

 

Eunseo: *in verge of tears* "Am I supposed to cry for your sorry? Enough of the drama, it's not the reason why I call but I'm glad you're alive."

 

Umji: "Okay~~~ I'm also glad you are, so what's the reason why you call?"

 

Eunseo: "Umji, I'm aware of the news about Sinb and Yuna being missing for days now..."

 

She suddenly thought of it again, her father knows where they are, She was afraid of what her father will do but she somehow felt like she's being more of a traitor if she spoil what she just found out about her father's plan.

 

Umji: "So?"

 

Eunseo: "So this is what Sinb felt when she send her father to those police officers."

 

Umji: "What are you even talking about?" She's getting confused now.

 

Eunseo: "Umji, I need your help. My father..."

 

Umji: "Your father what?... Wait, Eunseo? Don't tell me?"

 

Eunseo: "Ughhh why is my family like this...I think my father knows where they are and if I'm not wrong, he's planning something wrong."

 

Umji: "Eunseo, are you sure of what you're talking about?"

 

Eunseo: "Umji, I trust you. We have to find my cousin and Sinb before my father does."

 

Umji: "Okay I will, Give me the details of what you know, I'll ask for Sowon-unnie's help"

 

Their conversation continues as Eunseo revealed everything she heard. With the trust she have for Umji, she hopes that her decision was just right.

[End of flashback]

 

Same as Sinb's condition, Yuju also came back to her senses by waking up on a cold dark room and was alone until fears started to grow on her.

 

Although her hands and legs are free, the stinging pain of the chemical mixture that was injected on her won't just leave her alone. She can feel the numbness on her body and it makes her feel so weak that she can't even do a thing.

 

Pushing up her body from the floor until she reaches the door, but it was locked like what was expected. 

 

Yuju: "Sinb~~ I'm here, help me ~~" words slowly came out in between those short breaths she take. 

 

She still felt so weak that holding tightly onto the doorknob is the best way to support herself standing and stay on that position while trying to unlock the door that was locked from the outside.

 

Yuju: "Uhhh...Where have you been Sinb-ah~~~" 

 

While asking herself in front of that door, a click sound from the outside has been heard. She went startled without knowing what to do. 

 

She froze on that spot when the doorknob turns by itself and the door went open revealing a man in front of her.

 

Her vision gets blurry as it adjusted for seeing the light after being locked in the darkness.

 

But when her vision adjusted to normal and gets to recognize the face of the man in front of her, a frown immediately forms on her forehead.


Yuju: "U-uncle Hyung Suk..." Her voice cracks as she talks and she kept her hands hidden at her back.

 

Choi Hyun Suk: "How's your stay here my beloved niece? Tell me how's your room?" He asks with a fake smile on his face as he takes one step forward while Yuju takes a step backward.

 

Yuju: "Don't come near me!" 

 

Choi Hyun Suk: "Oooh, what's wrong Yuna? I'm your uncle, no need to be afraid." 

 

He then started patting Yuju's head which Yuju avoided by hitting his hand away from her.

 

Yuju: "Go away! What the h*ll do you need!"

 

Choi Hyun Suk: "Shouting on me makes me lose my temper easier you know?" 

 

He suddenly held Yuju's arms tightly till the girl slightly show a wince from pain.

 

Yuju: "Let me go~~~It hurts uncle"

 

Seeing Hyun Suk's glares at her, Yuju felt it once again. The glares of a monster-like eyes when she was younger. Just by seeing the image of her Dad on her uncle, her body started to shiver out from fear. 

 

Choi Hyun Suk: "You're just like your Dad, trashes of my world!"

 

He then pushes down Yuju on the floor. Yuju can just stare on the floor where her body hits hard on since her trauma from a physical abuse attacks her mind again.

 

Choi Hyun Suk: "Just like your Dad, you're also a trash of my world that must be eliminated"

 

Yuju didn't get to respond as tears already formed on her eyes. Still looking on the floor with her hair covering her face, droplets of tears escapes her eyes.

 

Hyun Suk just had enough since Yuju won't say anything. He walks out of the room, shuts hard the door and locks it.

 

Yuju who was left alone started to get even more scared. She crawls and find herself at the corner of the room. She crouches in fear while keeping her face hidden on her long hair.

 

"That kid who ruined my life!"
"It's because of that kid who gives bad luck!"
"I'm sorry Dad~~~ It's my fault, please forgive me"

 

Yuju: "Ahhh stop it! Leave me alone!" 

 

Hearing those voices over and over again, she covers her ears and closes her eyes but it won't go away. Her tears keeps falling without knowing the exact reason, she started bumping her head on the wall. 

 

Didn't want to remember anything at all and trying to escape from the small room in her mind that keeps locking her in. Those dark and bad memories that she already forgotten but suddenly came back.

 

Her head is already hurting as she keeps hitting it on the wall when she suddenly heard a knock. She didn't pay an attention at first but as those knocks keeps getting louder, she stopped for a moment. 

 

Yuju: "Who is it?" She asks. But instead of fear, her heart somehow felt at ease from hearing those knocks.

 

The silence fills the night until she heard that song, the song that she keeps missing to hear. Their love song that keeps whispering on her ears.

 

"ajig-eun geu mal haji mal-ajwo naege jogeumman sigan-eul jwo"
(Bearing your heart that's drifting away)

 

"hamkke geol-eowassdeon sigandeul-i nal haechiji anhge dowajwo"
(Help me avoid the time that I've been walking with.)                               

 

"geuleon nunbich-eulo bojima neol jabneun songildo pihajima "
(Do not look at me with your eyes like that.)

 

"uli yagsoghaessdeon sigan noh-abeolijima"
(Do not let go of the time we promised.)

 

Hearing that song, it makes her feel calm again. Her feelings started to feel light and the darkness that scared her went to be unnoticed.

 

Yuju: "Ss-Sinb? Are you here?"

 

She already knew it's her but she didn't hear any replies.

 

Yuju: "Sinb? Answer me, it's you isn't it?"

 

Still no answer.

 

Yuju: "Sinb-ah, I know it's you...please say a word, please say it's you~~" She started sobbing as tears flows non-stop from her eyes.

 

Sinb: "Ch...Choi Yuna~~" 

 

Yuju: "Yah~~~ I knew it's you" *Started crying Like a baby*

 

Sinb: "Yu-Ju...don't be a cry baby here~~"

 

She tries to speak even though her lower lips continues bleeding and a pain on her chest and stomach was felt even more whenever she says a word.

 

Trying to fight and escape earlier but only ended up being hurt. 

 

Yuju: "Sinb~~I was afraid."

 

And there was Yuju who was unaware of what happened on the room beside her.

 

Sinb: "I'm...I'm here Yuju, no need to be afraid. Aahhh~~" She winced in pain.

 

Yuju: "Sinb? Are you fine? What's with that wince?"

 

Sinb: "Nothing, take a rest Yuju. I'll just be right here, don't cry anymore okay?"

 

Yuju: "But I'm afraid"

 

Sinb: "Just close your eyes"

 

Yuju: "I don't want to"

 

Sinb: "Close your eyes………You trust me right?"

 

Yuju: "Mmmmm" She nods then she closes her eyes as Sinb said.

 

Sinb started singing again.

 

A wall might be separating them apart but Yuju slowly felt asleep in comfort even though the danger was just right there. Maybe it's just because she knows that there was always Sinb on her side who won't ever make her feel alone or scared.

 

Author's Note:

Hi guys ^_^ what happened on my two days update? I'm so "paasa" mianhae~~~ It took me some days to update this chapter, it's really hard to finish what you started xD

So here's Choi Hyun-Suk, happy to serve you :") and that song appears again XD

-#2