The Real One

Secret Love Song

Helper Gong's funeral has been done peacefully and silently. Sinb was left at the cemetery standing in front of her grave.

 

Sinb: "You left me too...How could you?" She closes her fist as she looked up in the bright sky.

 

Sinb: "Why? Just why! Everyone I loved, why did you always took them away from me!" 

 

She shouted on the top of her lungs. She was mad, she was angry and she was disappointed. 

 

She wanted to cry but she can't, she's too tired of it now. She just wanted to forget everything, to throw everything away.

 

Yerin: "Sinb-ah" She held Sinb's shoulders showing her sympathy to the girl who seems so lost.

 

Sinb: "Unnie, leave me alone please?" She said without taking a look since she recognize Yerin's voice well.

 

Yerin: "Let's go now, I can't let you be alone here"

 

Sinb: "Just go! I don't need anyone either!" She then removes Yerin's hands on her shoulder.

 

Yerin: "Sinb-ah, do you think helper Gong would be happy seeing you like this? Do you know what's the last thing she said to me? She asks me to take care of you. She's thinking about you till her last breath so don't torture yourself!"

 

Sinb: "You should've said that to yourself after Heechul oppa died!" 

 

Yerin: "Don't include him here Sinb-ah, it's a different thing"

 

She became more serious when Sinb talked about her brother, Sinb has a point but she can't let Sinb act like her who blames herself all her life for someone's death.

 

Sinb: "But I don't want to blame myself, I want to find her killer. Whoever that person is, it is inhumane to take someone's life just like that"

 

Yerin: "Sinb, about that thing. I think I know her killer. I saw him that night, Mr. Park was there and he shoot her from the back"

 

Sinb: "Mr. Park? Why are telling this just now? And why would he kill helper Gong?"

 

Yerin: "I decided to keep it until the funeral was done peacefully. But Sinb, I honestly think that she found out something, something that can help about your mom's death that's why they shut like this"

 

Sinb: "Are you saying that my Dad has something to do with this since Mr. Park was his most trustful men?"

 

Yerin let a deep sigh...

 

Yerin: "But Sinb, I saw him with both of my eyes. I need to get inside your house, i have to know the truth."

 

Sinb: "I can't believe it unnie. You're really suspecting my Dad, in front of me?"

 

Yerin: "If you want to give justice to your Mom and helper Gong, please help me. I won't ask you to do anything, I just need to know something."

 

Sinb: "Something like?"

 

Yerin: "A basement, is there a basement in your house?"

 

Sinb: "Basement? We don't have any, what does it have to do?"

 

Then Yerin have thought of something. She pulled Sinb inside her car and she took out her laptop placing it on her lap.

 

Yerin: "Let's check your Dad's room"

 

Gladly, all the hidden camera that Yerin installed in Mr. Hwang's room was all working. Yerin including Sinb have attentively watch the recording on the day of Helper Gong's death.

 

At 8:30 PM, Helper Gong enters Mr. Hwang's room. Cleaning the room like what she always do. But her actions are a bit suspicious, she looked uncomfortable and she took a look outside the room a couple of times.

 

At 8:45 PM, she locked the door. Yerin and Sinb found it weird until helper Gong carefully lifts up the carpet in front of Mr. Hwang's room.

 

In their surprise, there was something under that carpet. There was a hidden passage and helper Gong courageously went down there.

 

At 9:00 PM, it can be seen that helper Gong was in a hurry when she gets back up and she unlocked the door running away. Then they saw a man coming out from the secret passage where helper Gong came from, it's like he was chasing after her. And that man was none other than, Mr. Park.

 

Up to that part, Yerin closes the laptop lid. Both are surprised with what they saw. 

 

Sinb has never thought that there was something hidden on her father's room. While Yerin thought that the basement which helper Gong has mentioned before she died is that place.

 

Sinb: "What should we do now?"

 

Yerin: "Why are you asking me? I will do what I have to. I'll gonna go and find out what's hidden on that basement. What about you? What would you do now?" 

 

She was waiting for Sinb's answer by just looking at her. But it takes long before Sinb answers...

 

Sinb: "If my Dad have done something, I have no other choice unnie. I want to know the truth, I'm willing to help you"

 

Yerin was surprised with her answer, she never expected it though.

 

Yerin: "Are you sure Sinb? Don't forget he's your father, are you sure about it?"

 

Sinb: "I'm sure unnie, let's move now"

 

They both didn't wait for another day to pass. In Sinb's lead, they both sneakly get into Mr. Hwang's room. And it was easy since no one's in the house that time. Mr. Hwang went back to office with Mr. Park after Helper Gong's funeral.

 

Sinb: "Unnie, I honestly don't feel good about this."

 

Yerin: "It's okay, your unnie will always be here." She smiled at her before they proceed on going down the stairs.

 

But as soon as they get in, the sight at the basement that they were thinking all the time is totally different. 

 

They both visualize that it would be too dark, and the atmosphere would be scary like a storage room. 

 

But instead of it, the basement was too pretty. The lights reflecting to the walls looks really good in the eyes and everything around was like a galery of pictures, paintings, canvas and sketches.

 

The basement was decorated with all of Jessica's pictures and paintings that was specially made by Mr. Hwang. Sinb thought that her Dad has burned all those pictures when Jessica left them. But then she was wrong and everything was kept there.

 

Yerin: "Sinb, I think you've got that talent from your Dad. He's really a good artist"

 

Sinb: "Unnie, If he killed my mom. Why does he have all of this? He must've loved my mom that much, did we suspected him wrong?"

 

Yerin: "I don't know. I was surprised either. But what was that thing? Who's that woman in the painting, it's not your mom though"

 

The thing that caught her attention is what Sinb didn't noticed at all. And that was the painting of an unknown woman whom they both have never saw before. But it was placed in the middle of the basement.

 

Sinb walks toward that painting and she can't describe what she felt. She felt like her heart got excited seeing the face of that unknown woman and she can't understand why.

 

Sinb: "This is the first time I saw this. I don't know who she is" She said but her eyes were sticked on that unique painting of that woman.

 

While the two are focused on that particular painting. They suddenly heard some footsteps coming from the stairs.

 

They looked on each other, thinking of what should they do. They wanted to hide but there's no place to hide either. They just stand right next to each other holding each others hand with some prayers in their mind.

 

The footsteps are coming and their heart almost dropped off that time but as soon as they saw that person, they both releases a deep breath.

 

Umji: "Why? Did I surprised you guys?"

 

"Umji!" They said in unision

 

Umji: "I'm sorry, it must be thrilling right?" She slightly laugh by seeing the nervous faces of Sinb and Yerin.

 

Yerin: "You brat! Do you know we almost had a heart attack? Why are you here? How did you get here?"

 

Sinb: "Umji-yah, you're so weird. How did you find this place?" She asks

 

Umji: "Ofcourse I followed you, the two of you always hang out without me" She pouted cutely.

 

Yerin: "This kid" She then came to Umji and locked her arms on her neck "Do you know how much dangerous it is!" And then she messes up her hair.

 

Umji: "Ah unnie! Let me go!" She then pushes Yerin away from her.

 

After that, she roams her eyes around the basement. She was impressed with the art works but the woman in the middle of the basement also caught her attention.

 

Umji: "It's a good timing that her image was here" She said and the other two were left confused

 

Yerin: "What do you mean by the timing and that image?" She curiously asks and Sinb is also waiting for Umji's answer

 

Umji: "You think I'm a friend who doesn't care at all? Here, take a look at this" She handed Sinb an envelope.

 

Sinb: "What is this for?"

 

Umji: "It contains all the documents about your mom and your Dad. I mean, your real mom."

 

Yerin: "What do you mean by real mom?"

 

Umji: "Just open that envelope to find out yourselves" She said with her arms crossed on her chest.

 

Sinb immediately take out some files from the envelope that Umji just gave. And there she found out the things she have never knew before.

 

Her real birth certificate before her father changes it. The marriage certificate of her father to a woman whose name was new to them which is Taeyeon. And lastly, Taeyeon's death certificate.

 

Sinb: "I can't understand Umji, why is everything so confusing? My Dad was married to Taeyeon? And why is my birth certificate was totally different here? Just who's this Taeyeon?"

 

Umji: "She's the one in this painting" Pointing towards the only painting of the woman in that basement.


Sinb: "That woman..." She walks closer to the painting. "Does it mean..."


Umji: "She's your mom. Everything you've read on the file you are holding right now was real. She's your mom Sinb, and she died after giving birth to you. She had a weak heart. I'm sorry." 

 

She might be too straight to the point but she really felt sorry towards Sinb. The things that she was supposed to know from the beginning have been kept and hidden away from her.


Sinb: "Yerin unnie, Umji...I actually can't think properly right now" 


Recently, she just found out that her Mom which is Jessica was already dead. Then helper Gong just died after that. And now, she found out another thing that turns her world upside down. 


She suddenly felt numbness on her knees and she almost fall when Umji and Yerin came to support and avoid her from from falling.

 

Umji: "Sinb-ah, don't think about it too much huh? I think you should take a rest for a while" 

 

Yerin: "But Umji, how did you get all these documents? Me and Sowon has been working for it but we never found any"

 

Umji: "Let's just say, there's a friend of mine who really helped me to get all these. Without her, I think it's impossible for us to find this"

 

Yerin: "Then tell us who is she?"

 

Umji: "Later on, I'll introduce her to you. But for now, let's get out of here before someone sees and caught us."

 


Author's note:

 

Hoooray! Our Umji's back :D expect to see more of her, and the person she is talking about <3 I'm starting to clean all the mess hihi.

Anyway, I want to recommend another ff entitled: Lunar Rainbows (Moonbows) I hope you guys will support this fanfic of mine too ^_-  Thank you for all the love :))

 

- #2