Downfall

Secret Love Song

"Life is a game, and everything we started has an ending. You may lose or win but it depends on how you play it. But whatever the result is, when the ending has come, the game is over" - Mr. Hwang

 

For the ninth time, Yerin took a look on her wrist watch while making her way to the entrance of the airport.

 

Yerin: "Yuju-ah, where are you?" Asking herself in the middle of the crowd while roaming her eyes everywhere.

 

Cold sweats are dripping down on her forehead but the thought of giving up has never crossed her mind. Running all around is all that she can do, she can't let Yuju go at this moment and that's the only thought she have right now.

 

While waiting for her flight, Yuju decided to stay on a bench with a passport and a plane ticket on her hands. Staring on a cold thin air in front of her eyes and not minding those people who passes by in front of her, she felt like every movement is two times faster than how it actually is.

 

She felt lifeless, she felt bored, she felt sick, she felt lonely. She will leave again without any goodbyes. She will leave again like she knows no one, and she will leave again because of her family.

 

But for the first time, She will leave with her heart left totally broken. Because for the first time, she will leave someone whom she love the most...

 

Yuju: "Sinb....." Saying her name for the last time.

 

She turns her head left and right, hoping to see an impossible moment.

 

Without any idea that there was Yerin who's in the same place as her who keeps on finding her.

 

Yuju: "Can I take a restroom for a while?" Asking a permission from one of her bodyguards.

 

Bodyguard: "Just be sure to get back faster"

 

Yuju: "Okay, I will" She said before she leave.

 

Yuju is on her way to the ladies restroom when Yerin saw her from a distance.

 

Yerin: "Yuju?" She narrowed her eyes "There she is!" She exclaimed and she immediately follows where Yuju is heading to.

 

On Yuju's way to one of the cubicles on the ladies restroom, she suddenly felt a hand gripping on her wrist.

 

Yuju: "Yerin?" Her eyes widened as she saw her. "Wh-What are you doing here?" A frown started to form on her eyebrows.

 

Yerin: "You're leaving again without any goodbyes?"

 

Yuju: "Yerin-ah...." She tries to explain herself but she don't know how.

 

Yerin: "Are you really going to be like this again? Do you know how much hell it feels like when you left me before without any goodbyes!"

 

She suddenly brought up the past, that feeling has gone for a long time but she felt it once again.

 

That feeling when Yuju left her without any words, but what she felt right now is not for herself but for Sinb. She just didn't want Yuju's departure to be a part of Sinb's pain.

 

Yuju: "How did you know that I'm leaving?"

 

Yerin: "Should I explain it here? If you want to know how, then come with me" She offers a hand for Yuju.

 

Yuju: "What? Are you trying to ask me to come with you and leave my flight?"

 

Yerin: "That's right, come with me Yuju."

 

Yuju just kept on staring on her eyes, didn't know what to do. She somehow wanted to go with Yerin but she's hesitating.

 

Yerin: "Yuju-ah, you can't leave right now. You can't leave like this, didn't you thought of Sinb?"

 

The bodyguards are now doubting when Yuju hasn't come back yet and they decided to check her out.



Yerin is still waiting for Yuju's decision when they saw Yuju's bodyguards coming for her.

 

Yuju: "They're waiting for me"

 

Yerin: "Yuju-ah it's now or never, just think of Sinb"

 

The bodyguards walks briskly once they saw Yuju with someone else.

 

Yerin: "Yuju-ah, what are you waiting for? Would you let them locked you away from us like this? You can't find a love from them, you can't be happy, you will only torture yourself once you go with them. The people who can truly love and care for you is here, you can't just leave like that"

 

With a few more words of encouragement and most of it is about Sinb, Yuju finally held Yerin's hands.

 

Yuju: "Can you catch up with my speed?"

 

Just like that, they run away and the bodyguards are chasing behind them.

 

Yuju: "How's Sinb right now?" She asks while running hand in hand with Yerin.

 

Yerin: "I can't tell you right now, but you'll never regret of running away with me today"

 

Yuju: "Like what I always do?"

 

Yerin: "Right, like what you always do"

 

They both laugh about it as they remember a moment of their childhood days where they were running away from some kids who used to bully Yuju when they were young.

...

 

Sowon is the first one to arrive in front of the Hwang's residence. Later on, a police vehicle has arrived.

 

Mr. Hwang definitely heard the sirens from the police vehicle but he decided to stay calm and relaxed instead of hiding and running away. It would only put him on guilt if he do so.

 

The doorbell rings and one of the maids have come to open the door with Mr. Hwang behind her.

 

The maid looked surprised when she saw three police officers and there was Sowon behind them.

 

Police officer: "Where's Mr. Hwang? We have a search and warrant arrest for him." Saying those words while showing an official document.

 

Mr. Hwang: "I'm here, what is this for?" He asks like he knows nothing at all.

 

Police officer: "This is about the murder of Jessica Jung, Kim Sooyoung and Mr. Choi Jin-Young, you're the primary suspect and you have to come with us whether you're guilty or not for the further investigation. We also need Mr. Park who was responsible for the death of your former helper, Ms. Gong."

 

Hearing those words in front of him makes him feel like he's already been sentenced for a lifelong imprisonment.

 

Mr. Hwang: "Is that so? It's too bad, those people aren't even that close to me but I'll come with you to prove my innocence" He acts so cool and calm like he's not afraid or guilty at all, he even looked like he felt pity for their deaths.

 

Sowon: "Don't act like you don't know Mr. Hwang! We've got all the evidences and you have nowhere to go, Just try if you can make it but your alibis won't work on us!"

 

Police officer: "Keep quiet So-Jung, I said we can handle it peacefully right?"

 

Sowon: "But he killed my mom and he's acting like an innocent man!"

 

Police officer: "That's why we have our evidence. Don't worry, everything will be fine" he tries to calm Sowon.

 

Mr. Hwang: "This is an arrest right? But why did you bring an immatured kid with you?"

 

"Just how did this kid managed to get here? That Mr. Park is seriously dumb" He thought.

 

Sowon: "This man..." She clenches her fist.

 

Police officer: "Stop it! Just come with us and don't mind her, everything you say right now can be used against the law so it's better to shut up"

 

Mr. Hwang is about to come with them when Sinb walks out of her room and she saw some police officers on their living room.

 

Sinb: "What's happening here? What is this all about?" She asks even though what she sees is already obvious.

 

Mr. Hwang turns around, bcakfacing his daughter, as he heard Sinb's voice, he didn't want his daughter to see him like that.

 

Sinb: "Dad, did you surrender now?"

 

Sowon: "He isn't, we came here before he tries to escape and cause more trouble. He can't be trusted Sinb-ah"

 

Sinb: "What? Why didn't you informed me first? Didn't I said give me 24 hours?"

 

Sowon makes her way to Sinb as she places her hands on Sinb's shoulder.

 

Sowon: "We're doing this for the good of everyone, this man is dangerous"

 

Mr. Hwang: "Don't accuse me anything kid, nothing was even proven yet. And I'll prove to all of you my innocence"

 

Sowon: "He's going crazy" she said.

 

Sinb: "Sowon-ah, you should've at least informed me..."

 

She shrugged her shoulders feeling disappointed and tears started to form in her eyes as she took a look on her father.

 

Sowon: "We already talked about it Sinb, you know the truth, we can't let him do anymore harm"

 

Sinb: "I know, but don't talk in front of me like he's some kind of a person who did nothing but harm, he's not a monster Sowon!"

 

Their conversation is getting longer when Sowon's ringtone causes a sudden attention.

 

Sowon: "Hello Officer Kang? Why did you call me? We're already on Mr. Hwang's house doing an investigation and we're about to take him to the station" She explained

 

Officer Kang: "My purpose of calling isn't because of that So-Jung. There was a reported car accident 5 minutes ago, and your sister Kim Ye Won is involved. There were three of them in the car, all of them were found unconscious, one is on a critical condition and two of them have gain some major injuries. We have Kim Yewon, Choi Eunseo and Jung Eun Bi on the list...."

 

Not able to continue listening to the report, her phone slips from her hand, she suddenly felt a weakness on her knees and her whole body started to tremble.

 

"Using someone to make me lose this game? Now let me show you how it ends"



She remembered the e-mail she received last night and she took a look on Mr. Hwang whom she caught secretly smirking.

 

Sowon: "You! Are you even a human being!" She shouted as she walks near Mr. Hwang and was ready to land her fist on his face when the police officers stopped her.

 

She had never been angry like that for a while and this time, she wanted to pour all her madness on the person who killed her mom and the same person who causes that car accident.

 

Sowon: "Let me go! Let me kill this man! He doesn't deserve to live in this world! He's a killer! What the hell did you do to my sister and Eunha!" She's still on rage and the police officers locked her on their arms as they took her away from Mr. Hwang.

 

Sinb: "Sowon-ah, what happened to Umji?"

 

Sowon: "What happened? He's going to kill everyone! That monster who killed my mom is aiming for my death but my sister and Eunha have been put into danger instead of me!"

 

Sinb was surprised with that news and she makes her way to her father.

 

Sinb: "I don't know you anymore" She said while looking on his eyes "Please bring this man with you, I'm willing to testify against him"

 

After sending Mr. Hwang to the police station, they also found out that Mr. Park was already caught near the area where the car accident happened and is now already locked on the jail.

 

Sinb and Sowon rushed to the hospital where Umji, Eunha and Eunseo were admitted. 

 

Still using Yerin's car but Sowon's way of driving isn't that fast, just like what Eunha told her on their first date. A teardrop escaped from her eyes while driving silently which was noticed by Sinb.

 

Sinb: "Everything will be fine, let's just pray for their safety"

 

Sowon: "I know..." She said while wiping out the tears on her cheeks

 

Sinb: "I'm sorry"

 

Sowon: "No need to be sorry, it's not your fault"

 

Once they arrived, they run all the way to the emergency room where the three is still there, receiving their treatment and some kind of operation.

 

Sowin and Sinb decided to wait outside and both keeps a prayer in their mind. 

 

It takes an hour of waiting before a doctor came out from the E.R. where in Sowon rushed into him, courageously asking some questions about their conditions.

 

The news somehow makes her heart feel at ease but at the same time she felt troubled, why? Because the doctor just told her a good and bad news.

 

Her sister Umji is now safe, she received an operation from a broken leg and they are now transferring her to have a good rest.

 

Eunseo didn't get hurt that much, just a broken right arm and a neck pain. She's already awake but is still on a surveillance for some head injury. It might not show up right now but she might feel pain later.

 

But the real problem is Eunha's condition. The impact from the car accident destroys the backside of the car where Eunha is and she's on a comatose state.

 


Author's Note:

I didn't make it too intense for you to breath ^_^ Missing SinJu, Missing EunRin, Missing WonHa. Anticipate them on the next one <3 I think this story is coming to it's end...so sad :((

But there's still a few more chapters to go, please hold on guys :)) Due to Mr. Hwang's arrest and the car accident, The real evil is coming soon.

- #2