Four

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Hyo."

"Wake up."

"Hyoraengi?"

"Come on Hyo, you have to get up now."

Hyoyeon groans softly and opens her eyes slowly. She could see the blurry images of Yuri and Sooyoung peering at her. Hyoyeon looks at her alarm clock. 5:15am. Right, they have a photoshoot.

"How are you feeling?" Yuri asks and leans over to give Hyoyeon a hug. Hyoyeon frowns lightly at that. Why are they asking that? Then, yesterday comes back to her in a rush and hits her like an earthquake. Oh.

"Fine," Hyoyeon mumbles and gets out of bed. She ignores the concerned stares of her members and heads out of the room. Standing right behind the closed door and eavesdropping, Jessica and Sunny jump when the door suddenly flies open. They give a surprised squeak at the sight of their dancing queen staring at them face-to-face.

"M-morning Hyo," Sunny stammers guiltily and half-hides behind Jessica.

"Morning," Hyoyeon replies and swiftly moves past them as if that didn't just happen. She enters the living room and Yoona instantly sits up straight, carefully reading Hyoyeon's face. Hyoyeon greets Yoona good morning just like the rest. Out of the corner of her eye, she sees the girls crammed at the door way, watching Hyoyeon as if she was a time-bomb about to explode. They eye her every move, flutter and fidget around her nervously and stutter when they speak to her. Hyoyeon feels annoyance rise in her. She refrains herself from snapping at Yoona to stop hitting her fork against her plate and wants to tell Tiffany to stop staring at her because she will eat her food. Hyoyeon clenches her jaw. It's just one break-up, why are they looking at her like she just found out dancing was going to be banned forever?

"I'm okay, guys," Hyoyeon almost growls out. Her voice is low and controlled. The members tense up.

"We know," Tiffany says and offers a nervous smile. Your actions don't tell me that, Hyoyeon thinks. The rest of their breakfast continues in awkward silence and Hyoyeon has never been more relieved when their manager called them to tell them to hurry up. The girls finish up their food and place their plates in the sink hurriedly. Hyoyeon waits till all of them have rushed off to prepare so that she could have some alone time. She pinches the bridge of her nose.

"Are you really okay, Hyo?" She practically scoffs at herself and barks out a humourless laugh. The answer is no.

 

Hyoyeon leans her weight on her right leg and looks at the camera lens. Her lips are pulled into the best smile she could muster and thumbs are hooked on her jeans pockets. Click. Flash. One picture taken, hundreds more to go. Hyoyeon changes her pose again.

"Hyoyeon," the photographer calls out once again. "Smile brightly please; you look like your boyfriend just broke up with you."

Damn.

The members widen their eyes and gaze anxiously at Hyoyeon. Hurt flashes through Hyoyeon's eyes but vanishes quickly. She shoots the photographer an apologetic look and smoothens down her dress. Beside her, Seohyun places a comforting hand on Hyoyeon's shoulder but all Hyoyeon does is stare at the camera intently. The photoshoot goes on for another two hours and finally after going through three outfits each, it was a wrap.  Hyoyeon slips out of the set quickly before anyone could notice her and hides far away from the rest. In the suffocating silence of a secluded corner, she in a sharp breath and covers . You look like you boyfriend just broke up with you. Wow, spot on. Tears trickle down her face for the tenth time within a span of three days. Hyoyeon doesn't think that she had cried so much before. Maybe, the break-up was affecting her more than she would like to admit. Her head started spinning as a result of her irregular breathing while trying to choke back her cries. She knows the stylists were probably looking for her now, but she needed some time.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter