Eleven

Stay
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jaewon stretches his arms and lets out a loud yawn. He's glad he's office occupies the entire level and his walls are soundproof, because that definitely wasn't work-friendly behaviour. He rubs his eyes wearily; hours of staring into the computer screen was tolling. Jaewon's mind drifts and he smiles at the thought of what had transpired the night before. She had stayed about an hour or so after, talking to him and playing with Bailey and he had sent her home. He wonders what she's doing now. Jaewon had memorised Hyoyeon's number by now, and his fingers fly across the screen naturally. She picks up after two rings. 
"Hey," her voice makes him smile wider. She sounded slightly out of breath. 
"Hi," Jaewon leant back comfortably against his chair. 
"What's up?" She asks. Jaewon can visualise the bright smile she was probably wearing now.
"Not much. Just wanted to say hi." 
"Well," she chuckles. "You've said it." 
"Mm... What are you doing?" 
"Makeup. We'll be going for rehearsal soon. You'll watch it, right? It's live." 
"Of course," Jaewon nods enthusiastically. "Good luck for your stage, Hyo." 
"Thanks." A pause. "I have to go now. Talk to you next time?" 
"Sure. Do your best. I'll be cheering you on!" Jaewon chirps and then hangs up. Hyoyeon would be busy with the comeback for maybe a month or so, that means no time for them to meet up. Jaewon pouts. 

The phonecall with Jaewon had put her in a better mood. Hyoyeon places her phone in her handbag and walks over to join the others outside the waiting room. She sees Yuri and Seohyun over on the left; Yoona, Sooyoung and Sunny with Manager Eonnie; Tiffany was touching up her hair. Her eyes fall on Taeyeon and Jessica left together by the doorway and her spirits dim. 
Jessica looked beyond uncomfortable beside the leader and Taeyeon was adamantly staring at the floor patterns. Hyoyeon frowns. They had been going at it for so long now, and neither of them were making a move to break the ice. Well, if they're not going to do it themselves, Hyoyeon muses, I'll help. 
She strides over to the duo, hooks Jessica's left arm around hers and makes sure to bump into the girl's side hard enough so that she'll shift over to Taeyeon. Hyoyeon celebrates internally as Jessica takes a wide step to her right and her shoulder rub against Taeyeon's. 
"Hyo," the Ice Princess whines slightly. "Control your strength, will you?" 
"Sawry," Hyoyeon giggles and bats her eyeslashes at the taller girl for extra aegyo. The corners of Jessica's lips lift up in an amused smile and she rolls her eyes. 
"So what were you guys talking about?" Hyoyeon asks. She saw Taeyeon's eyes flick over to Jessica for a second before landing back on Hyoyeon. A smile immediately spread's over Taeyeon's features. 
"O

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter