Hey Girl The Sequel

Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hey Girl was such a hit, but I know the angst left some of you a little sad, so I wrote a sequel.  This is an AU universe, so aside from her two older sisters Hyejin has an older brother.  Enjoy!

 

 

Lady is it lonely?

 

“Wheein?”

 

“Wheein-ah!”

 

“Jung Wheein!”

 

I been callin' out your name

 

A frown marked Wheein's features. There was an odd sound trying to weave its way through the song she was listening to. Her earbuds blocked out the majority of the noise around her – as did the level of the sound volume.

 

She had been staring at a short haired blonde and a long haired brunette hundreds of feet away from her. The grocery store's parking lot was huge just like the building behind her. The odd sound weaved its way into the song again and finally Wheein turned around. Instinct told her the sound was coming from behind her.

 

“Wheein! A little help please.” Hyejin was holding a case of beer in her left hand a several grocery bags in her right.

 

“Oh, sorry!” Wheein apologized and quickly ran towards the basket to grab the rest of the bags.

 

“I didn't hear you.” She mumbled while grabbing the four bags sitting inside the basket. She had taken off her earbuds as she ran towards the grocery basket.

 

“Yeah, I had been calling out your name for the past minute.” Hyejin told her and smirked. Wheein had walked to stand outside the grocery store while her girlfriend payed for the items her parents had sent them to go get.

 

A slight blush had grown on Wheein's cheeks when she stepped up next to Hyejin. It could have been the cold winter breeze that had reddened her face or perhaps a bit of embarrassment. Hyejin's smirk turned into a smile while looking at Wheein's reddened cheeks.

 

“Why not just push the basket towards the car?” Wheein asked as they walked down the middle isle of the parking lot towards their vehicle.

 

“I don't feel like bringing the basket back. Plus, we're not that far from the doors.” Hyejin explained while walking next to Wheein. Moments later they were at standing behind the vehicle putting all the bags into the trunk.

 

It was Christmas Eve and Hyejin's father had sent his youngest daughter to go pick up the alcohol and several other items for the big family gathering. Wheein had come to the store with Hyejin to help her and because she did not want to leave a bad impression to her in laws – not like she could, they already adored her.

 

Hey girl, hey girl

 

The familiar lyrics of Wheein's favorite song played through the speakers of the car. Usually the brunette would have been singing along to it with passion but the ride was solemn. Hyejin didn't mind it to be honest, she just wanted to get home and lay around like a couch potato. Unless her mom called on her to help or her older siblings started bothering her.

 

Wheein was in her head during the ride. Her thoughts went directly to the sight of the short haired blonde and the long haired brunette. Choa and her new girlfriend – the girl Choa had cheated on Hyejin with. Wheein had been so mad at the blonde. She hated her. She wanted to go find her and drag her down the street by those blonde locks.

 

But now, two months after that hurtful break up, Wheein wasn't sure how to feel about Choa. Both Hyejin and herself had seen the blonde at school and avoided her. On one hand, she had caused Hyejin's heartache but on the other, she had helped bring them together. Wheein sighed as Hyejin continued driving towards her home – the memory of the day after Hyejin's drunken stupor came back to her.

 

 

 

 

“Last night...” Wheein started off while sitting on the sofa with a mug of hot coffee on her hand.

 

Hyejin blew on the hot liquid in her own mug to cool down and took a sip while raising her eyebrows at the brunette. She didn't remember much after all the drinks she had. She remembered going to the club pissed off and upset about finding Choa with that girl in the blonde's dorm room.

 

Choa had given her a key to the dorm room. Hyejin was used to just walking in and either waiting for the blonde or greeting her with a kiss and hug. That afternoon though, she had walked in on the blonde half with a very brunette underneath her. Hyejin had stood there, door wide open behind her, and simply stared in shock at the sight.

 

“Get out Hyejin!” Choa had yelled at her. Hyejin was speechless as her body was being pushed out of the room by the blonde.

 

“Choa, what the ?!” Hyejin had yelled at her after her back hit the wall across from the door. She had returned to her senses when the sharp pain ran down her back. “What the ?!”

 

Hyejin didn't even know what else to say. She liked Choa, a lot, they had been going steady for so long. She wasn't truly in love with the blonde, but she cared for her – she could have fallen eventually. Still, the sight of her girlfriend having with someone else hit her hard. What possibly could she have done wrong to deserve this.

 

“I'm not in love with you Hyejin...and we both know you're not in love with me...” Choa's response was firm. It felt spiteful.

 

“How long?” Hyejin asked looking down at the ground. It hurt – a lot. It wasn't supposed to was it? There was a sick feeling in her stomach and a pain in her chest.

 

“Two months.” Was Choa's response before turning around and going back inside her dorm – closing the door behind her.

 

Hyejin had hit the club after. She had started off with beer and then ordered the much stronger Scotch whiskey. She remembered dancing with several girls, kissing others, and drinking non stop. She had out after but the memory of dialing Wheein's number came to her. She remembered Wheein's face after finding her inside the club.

 

Another black out. She couldn't remember anything after that except waking up to her best friend snuggling with her earlier that after noon. It had felt so good having Wheein in her arms when she woke up despite the pounding in her head and the horrid taste of bile in .

 

“I love you Ahn Hyejin.” Hyejin remembered hearing those words, but it could have been a dream too.

 

“L-last night...” Wheein started again. Her voice sounded unsure – nervous. “You...confessed something to me...”

 

Hyejin brought the mug down to her lap and held it with both hands. “I did?”

 

A wave of nerves washed over the blue haired girl. The brunette smiled slightly and took a sip of the coffee in her own mug as her eyes met Hyejin's. There was a nod from Wheein.

 

“Is it true Hyejin-ah?” Wheein's voice was shaking and Hyejin felt her heart sink. What could she have possibly confessed with that big drunk mouth of hers. “Is it true that you're....y-you're in l-love with m-me?”

 

Hyejin's gasp was loud. That was her deepest secret. The one secret she dared not share with Wheein. There was no way her best friend could have felt that way about her. There were tears welling up in Wheein's eyes.

 

Wheein wanted to be sure. She wanted to hear the words and the truth from the blue haired girl's sober mouth. That knot in Wheein's throat had returned and she couldn't hold her tears back. The look in Hyejin's face was no longer of shock but of worry. Hyejin placed the mug on the coffee table and moved right next to Wheein to cup her face with both hands.

 

The brunette sniffled and closed her eyes as the tears flowed down her face. She had seen the tears welling up in Hyejin's eyes as well. It hadn't been true. That was it. Hyejin was about to break her heart just like Choa had broken Hyejin's.

 

“It's true Wheein-ah. Whatever I confessed last night, if it involved me confessing my undying love for you, then it is true. I don't even know when I fell, but I fell – hard. So deeply that I was too scared to tell you. We've shared so many things, so many secrets, and yet I couldn't confess this to you.” Hyejin's voice trembled but it didn't break. She spoke so sincerely that Wheein started crying even harder.

 

“We're t-the b-biggest idiots!” Wheein cried out and buried her face in Hyejin's chest. Hyejin held onto Wheein tightly and used her left hand to remove the cup of coffee from Wheein's hands and placed it on the coffee table.

 

“Wheein?” Hyejin's voice was soft and full of worry. She scooped up to brunette and sat her on her lap while adjusting her body on the sofa. Wheein was a big baby at the moment.

 

“I'm in love with you too!” Wheein cried out pulling away from Hyejin and the blue haired girl couldn't help but giggle at her best friend's confession. Wheein was in love with her too. What a blessing.

 

Hyejin had to pry Wheein's face away from her chest to kiss her. It had been so loving even through all the sobbing.

 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter