Hey Girl

Kisses
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Inspired by Lady Gaga's and Florence Welch's song - Hey Girl.  It's beautiful.  Listen to it.  Enjoy!

 

 

 Hey girl, can you hear me?

 

Are you holding out your heart?

 

A smile formed on Wheein's lips – cool breeze blowing past her, blowing her long hair back and parting her bangs. She sang along to the lyrics of the song playing in the left earbud that was snugly placed in her left ear.

 

Hey girl, do you feel me?

 

Sometimes I go too far

 

Hyejin's voice was huskier as she sang along to the song as well. The smile on her face was wide – showing all her perfectly white teeth. Her eyes shifted to her right and Wheein was looking back at her smiling widely as well. She had chosen Florence Welch's parts. Wheein covered Gaga's.

 

Hey girl, it ain't easy

 

I know it's pulling me apart

 

Wheein tugged her body to the right as she sung and Hyejin quickly reached for the right earbud to prevent her best friend from pulling it out of her ear. The long haired brunette had started swaying side to side and Hyejin had to join her. A chuckle escaped her lips as Wheein sang along to the two lines.

 

But darlin', don't you leave me

 

Hyejin turned her body completely on the low brick wall they had been sitting on and dramatically moved her arm towards Wheein, closing her fist and pretending to clutch her heart as she moved it to her chest. Wheein happily giggled and reached out for Hyejin's clutched hand. She sung the next line as she did it.

 

Baby, don't you leave me

 

The earbuds were no longer in their respective ears – they were dangling against the low brick wall in between the two best friends. A fit a giggles was all that could be heard from the two of them and they stopped only when their sides started to ache and breathing became harder.

 

“I love this song!” Wheein happily shouted as she wiped a tear from her right eye and reached for the earbuds.

 

“Me too.” Hyejin responded and rubbed her sides to ease the ache.

 

Wheein reached in her left pocket to pull out her phone so that she could restart the song. She was about to hand the right earbud to Hyejin when the younger girl's phone started ringing. Hyejin offered her best friend an apologetic smile and pulled out her phone from her pocket. The ocean blue haired girl's face lit up slightly when she saw who was calling her.

 

“Hey babe...” Hyejin's voice was sweet and tender as she spoke to her girlfriend on the other line.

 

Wheein eyed Hyejin momentarily before turning to her own phone and pressing the home button. She felt a weird knot in and her chest felt heavy while her best friend spoke to her girlfriend. The long haired brunette knew that her time with the short blue haired girl was limited. Soon, Hyejin would be apologizing to her and leaving to go meet with her girlfriend.

 

She checked her phone for any messages on her social media accounts but there were none. Wheein sighed and patiently waited for Hyejin to finish her phone conversation. She wrapped the earbud cord around her hand and then slipped the phone and earbuds into her pocket.

 

“Okay...yeah...I'll be there...love you too, bye.” Hyejin clicked the end call button and turned to Wheein whose sights were directed at the trees down the hill. The sun was starting to set now and it cast a beautiful orange glow over the entire park.

 

“Choa wants to go out for dinner. You can come if you'd like. She said her friends will be there too.” Hyejin smiled at Wheein after offering her the invitation.

 

Wheein looked up at Hyejin who was standing next to the wall now instead of sitting on it. Her glance only lasted a few seconds before her eyes darted down to the ground and then to the trees once more.

 

“Thank you Hyejin-ah, but I think it's probably best that I go home and work on some of my assignments. I've been putting them off these past few days.” A look of disappointment flashed on Hyejin's face. She was hoping her best friend would join her – Choa's friends were nice, but it wasn't like having her own friend there to talk to as well.

 

“Okay then. I'll see you tomorrow?” Hyejin didn't want to protest so she offered Wheein a smile.

 

“Of course! Have fun.” Wheein smiled at Hyejin – her cute dimple on full display – and turned around to leave both Hyejin and the park.

 

The blue haired girl stared longingly at her best friend as she walked away. She cared so much for Wheein – in ways she couldn't even describe, ways she didn't dare admit. Hyejin let out a sigh and started walking towards the exit as well. She needed to change into something more appropriate for her date with her girlfriend and her friends.

 

 

 

 

 

Wheein had pulled out her earbuds again as she walked home. 'Hey Girl' played loudly, reminding Wheein of none other than her best friend – Hyejin. Every bit of Ahn Hyejin was engraved into the long haired brunette's mind. They had known each other and been best friends since their first year of middle school. The connection had been electric – all from a simple glance at each other.

 

They had grown up together, seeing each other every day for eight years, every day their bond growing and becoming stronger. Nothing was able to separate them – not even Hyejin's several girlfriends through the years and the few girls Wheein had gone out on dates with. Hyejin was the epitome of iness – genetics had blessed her with striking features and puberty had shaped her body with exceptional curves.

 

She drew attention from both guys and girls, but Hyejin was only interested in the fairer . It was in high school when she had come out to Wheein – two of their classmates had been trying to best each other on who would get a chance with Ahn Hyejin. Both boys wanted to date her, but Hyejin had turned both of them down.

 

Wheein was surprised that Hyejin had turned them down. They were the good looking guys in the class, the ones all the other girls wanted to date. “I don't like boys Wheenie. I like cute girls like you.”

 

Hyejin had giggled as she tickled Wheein's chin and all the older girl could do was stare at her best friend with a shocked face. It wasn't the comment about her being cute, Hyejin had told her that many times before, it was the fact that she had just come out her. From that day on Hyejin felt free, she walked the hallways with a new self confidence and a strut that flowed with authority and demanded respect.

 

As the days, weeks, and months passed, Hyejin had become the school's girl crush. Girls fawned over her confidence and swag, they side eyed Wheein for always being with Hyejin, and her best friend could only laugh about how many girls flirted with her. Despite the outer cool appearance that Hyejin was now sporting, in private when it was just the two of them, Hyejin continued to be the same person Wheein had always known.

 

She would turn off the y confidence and become the dorky five year old that Wheein loved. They still got up to their antics and held deep meaningful conversations about their dreams and the future. These moments with Hyejin, in her room or the younger girl's room at her house, made Wheein realize her own identity – her uality.

 

She liked girls too. She liked strong, confident, assertive girls like Hyejin. In all her contemplating at night when she should have been sleeping, Wheein realized that perhaps she liked Hyejin as more than a friend. No, she didn't just like her, she was in love with her.

 

Hyejin was oblivious to that though, according to Wheein. Hyejin never asked Wheein about her uality back then. She didn't care. Wheein was her own person and her uality was hers to figure out if she didn't know it. There had been a few guys to ask Wheein out in high school as well, but she turned each one of them down. Unlike Hyejin though, turning down these guys did not make her wear her uality on her sleeves for the world to see.

 

By the time they were seniors, Hyejin had dated several girls but nothing had ever been serious. They had even started to label her as a playgirl and she didn't care. The side eyeing by the girls that liked Hyejin was still there even after all these years. Students even questioned the relationship between the two best friends, but Hyejin and Wheein were just best friends.

 

Wheein had gained her own admirer senior year of high school as well. It was a girl that only shared gym class with her and Hyejin. Wheein had caught her stares several times but brushed them off. If this girl liked her, then she needed to make it known because at times the stares became a little too much – almost creepy.

 

Wheein perhaps should have never wished for that girl to confess her feelings. The day she had done so, had been the day Hyejin had been suspended for three days from school.

 

Wheein smiled at the thought as she entered her key in the lock to unlock her front door. Being a third year student at the university allowed her to stay home instead of living in the dorms. She kicked her shoes off and went to her room to lay on her bed for some minutes. The memory flashed back in her mind as she laid down.

 

“Jung Wheein?” Wheein stopped walking around the track and turned around to face the person who had called her name.

 

Wheein studied the girl for a moment. She was the one who had been intently staring at her all these months but it seemed like finally she was going to confess. The girl carried herself in a way similar to Hyejin but she was more masculine while Hyejin maintained her femininity a bit more. She wasn't Hyejin though and Wheein wasn't interested.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter