Greatest gift one could ask

You, Me and a Baby
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Summary: 

"Daddy!" and in that moment Chanyeol swore his heart stopped.

(2k words of fluff) 

A week after Yeol's birthday and I finally finish this!! Huhu. Happy birthday Chanyeol!

I hope you like this :) 

 

 

Chanyeol always considered his birthdays as an extra special day (now with the addition of Baekhyun and Chanhyun’s birthdays), a day that is so important for him. When he was a child it was because he gets to ask for a particular birthday present from his parents and they will give it to him, may it be a new toy, video game or the new volume of the manga he’s currently addicted to. But what makes it all the more special is that he could spend it with the people he loves.

 

And so, what happened and why is this birthday starting to ? Being called at five in the morning to go into the studio in the day you specifically asked for a day off, is definitely not a good way to start his special day. Even if he wanted so much to not follow what his company is currently telling him to do, he can’t. The release of the new album of one of their biggest stars, Kyungsoo depends on this.

 

Chanyeol gives out another sigh after looking at his watch and seeing that it’s already eleven am yet he’s still stuck in their company’s music studio. There has been some sort of problem in their system and all the data got deleted and so here they are, dressed in their sleep clothes, trying to re-record everything again.

 

“Are we all set now, Kyungsoo, Jongdae?” Chanyeol asks his friends inside who were still talking to each other, with Jongdae giving the other some suggestions. When Kyungsoo gave him an affirmative answer and Jongdae was once again seated beside him, they started to record the (hopefully) last song for his upcoming album.

 

Listening to Kyungsoo’s smooth voice always makes Chanyeol feel relaxed, there is a reason why he’s one of his favorite artists to work with ever since he was just a newbie in the industry. He liked working with him too much his then boyfriend - now husband, the great Byun (now Park-Byun thank you very much) Baekhyun even got jealous and tried to break up with him. It was only after explaining to him that Kyungsoo’s dating another idol and that there is and will never be anyone else for Chanyeol did Baekhyun stop being jealous.

 

(Not to mention some intense love making just to show him how much that same night.)

 

So, hearing Kyungsoo sing about memories and being nostalgic, Chanyeol couldn’t stop his thoughts from wandering. Remembering some past birthdays that were definitely amazing. His birthday bash when he turned seven, with his parents arranging their home to look like an arcade which was his favorite then. Complete with crane machines where he and his friends can try their luck in getting pokemon plushies.

 

Or during his eighteenth birthday, where he was able to travel to Japan with his friends and how it fulfilled his otaku needs. He visited all there is to visit, took a lot of pictures and even bought home a lot of mangas, even when he later found out he made a mistake by buying the Japanese versions because then he wouldn’t be able to understand.

 

And of course, his first birthday spent with Baekhyun. After being lucky enough to score a first date with Baekhyun, and have more dates, he was also able to spend his birthday with the latter. They went on a cliche amusement park date. They rode scary rides, went into the haunted house, and played some games all for the purpose of having Baekhyun cling to him. It was also the day when they first said, “I love yous.”

 

If Chanyeol will be asked to rank his best birthdays, this would be tying for the first place, the one he had two years ago. It was truly wonderful, and just thinking about it is making his heart race once again. Two years ago, on this day, was when he asked Byun Baekhyun to finally be his partner for the rest of his life. They ended up preparing surprises for each other. Baekhyun prepared a candlelit dinner just for them inside his apartment, while Chanyeol was readying himself on asking the question. After eating the delicious meal Baekhyun cooked for the both of them, just as he was to give Chanyeol his gift, Chanyeol stood up and kneeled in front of Baekhyun. Gathered his courage and asked the four word question, “will you marry me?”

 

When Baekhyun said yes, Chanyeol swore it was the happiest moment of his life and that nothing would ever top it again.

 

In which case he was wrong.

 

“Chanyeol are you okay?” Jongdae calls to his friend who has been silent for a while now, he knows its the latter’s birthday so he couldn’t help but feel guilty that his friend had to go in and work. Blinking, Chanyeol answers, “Yes, I am. Have I been out for a while?”

 

At this, Jongdae just pats his shoulders and chuckles. “It’s okay, I know you’d rather not be here right now.”

 

Thankful that his friend understood Chanyeol just shrugs in reply. “Are we nearly finished yet?” He asks a second after.

 

“Yes, we are.” Jongdae

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter