Games. Lies. Love.

Be my girlfriend - The Bus Ride

From the last episode...
 

Youngmin: After getting the equation, you need to subtition x into y...
You: ......
Youngmin: Yah.
You: ......
Youngmin: Shall we just end this now?
You: ?...oh, Jwesong...Ani, let’s continue. Jwesonghamnida, I...dazed off.
Youngmin: *sigh* Pikachu... I’d be lying if I said I believed that you asked me to stay every day after school to improve your maths.

It’s been days since the Minnies issue *See Chapter 11*, you’ve been living like a corpse since that day, not knowing what do to. Now it’s just a shell talking, an empty shell.


You: Mwo? I really want to get my grades up, jinjja.
Youngmin: -facepalm- Okay, let’s say you do want to improve your maths. Why are you avoiding Kwangmin then?
You: ...Ani...I’m not...avoiding him.
Youngmin: Yes, you are. I know I shouldn’t be barging into you two’s business, but I’m Kwangmin’s hyung I can’t bear to see him like this. Every day he locks himself in his room and refuses to talk much, it’s like he’s locking himself up. And honestly, I don’t think you are doing any better than he is.
You: ......
Youngmin: Just...just talk to him, okay? For your sake and his, just talk.
You: ...I can’t.
Youngmin: Why not?
You: ......I just...can’t.
Youngmin: Fine, talk to me, alright? Tell me why you’re being like this. Or I’ll stop being your excuse to catch the late bus.
You: ............He’s hurt. He’s always hurt. ;___; He tries to protect me, but always end up getting hurt. Since I met him, he’s always been protecting me... Catching a cold, then a fever...Breaking his thumb...and......getting slapped ;___; What if I continue hurting him? I really like him... I’ve never felt this way before. But continuing to see him would be the most selfish thing I’ll ever do, because I may hurt him again and again... But I really like him! ;A; Neomu...neomu CHOWAYO! But...I...I don’t know what to do...

Although you didn’t want to admit it, that Minnies vice president from the other day was right, you’re a danger to Kwangmin. That day, when you got off the bus, all you could think of was how you liked Kwangmin, but if it meant him getting hurt again to be together with him, then you rather not be with him.

It’s just too painful, to be near him, but not be able to talk to him. So you decided to not see him, maybe that way it would be less painful. At least... you hoped so. But so far, it feels like your slowly dying. You’ve been avoiding your best friend too, she was the only one who you told about Kwangmin, and you can’t bear it if she betrayed your trust...

At least, the Minnies didn’t bother your anymore, they never really appeared anymore after that day. But...they weren’t the only ones who went missing from your life. Minwoo seemed to have gotten worse, getting to school earlier before you and coming back home really late, to avoid you, no doubt... So for the past few days, you haven’t got anyone to talk to, which makes you kind of glad that you’re finally pouring this out, even if it’s to your crush’s twin brother (who  just might tell him everything).

Youngmin: He’s taken off his cast already, so it’s nothing. Those things that happened were just accidents, and Minnies even officially apologized. Are you really sure you can’t at least talk to him?

You: If I do...I’d never want to leave him again...

Youngmin: So you’re saying you’d talk to me, to dongsaeng, to Jeongmin hyung, to ANYONE, but him.

You: .........;___;

Youngmin: Hais...alright, it’s late now. One last question; are you still going to the fun fair on Saturday?

You: I...I don’t know...

Youngmin: Dongsaeng...she’s counting on you....

You: Mianhaeyo...

Youngmin: Here, she left me a note, says it’s for you. She’s behaving weirdly these few days, as if she doesn’t want to be near us*or is it just me* She even left me a note instead of telling me directly. So...try to at least come for a while?

You: I’ll...think about it.

Then you took the note and stuffed it in your coat.

*Some time later in the bus*

Since that day, you’ve taken the late bus. Youngmin took it too, but you two never really made contact at all in the bus. It was just too...awkward. But at least his presence was a little company. Today, for some reasons, Youngmin didn’t take the bus, so it was just you and a couple more strangers. You opened the note Youngmin passed to you earlier.

“Pikachuu... Are you coming to the fair? I miss you D: Kwangmin oppa is so weird recently...he’s gotten skinnier too. And... I bet he misses you as much as you miss him. Please come to the fair Pikachu? Remember, it’s okay to fall in love as long as the right one’s there to catch you. Even though there will be pain, if it’s worth it, it’s still love.”

Now that no one knows you in this bus, you are finally allowed to take off your shield. You held the note in your hand, looked out the window into the rainy night, and let your tears drop silently...

*In your room*

You’ve cleaned yourself up and started to revise maths, hoping it would take your mind off all the drama in your life.

You: Okay, I’ve found x, now...what do I do? Eottoke? Aish...

*Knock knock*

You went to open the door, and found Minwoo standing outside your bedroom.

You: ...? Minwoo...
Minwoo: Noona, can I hug you?
You: ...Ne?

Then Minwoo pulled you in and hugged you tightly, still in shock, you felt one of your shoulders getting slightly wet.

You: Dongsaeng..?
Minwoo: Mianhaeyo, noona, jeongmal mianhaeyo... I was...I was angry at myself and everything happened so suddenly...with everything going on in my life...It messed me up and in the end I end up hurting a lot of people I care about...including you...;__; Please forgive me?

You didn’t completely get him, but what he said sounded pretty much like your life. You patted his back, like when you were soothing him when he was crying when you were still little kids.

You: Dongsaeng-ah, I’m sorry...if I hurt you too... But, gwenchanayo. You know, everyone’s going to hurt someone some way or another, whether they mean it or not. The thing is not to find someone who will not hurt you, but find someone who is worth getting hurt for : )
Minwoo: So does that mean...she might be worth it for me to get hurt and I may be the same for her too...?
You: Ah, so my little dongsaeng has a girlfriend already? ;)
Minwoo: A-aniya...
You: Well, if you find someone worth getting hurt for, and if you’re the same for her...I guess it’s called true love. Just make sure you’re ready to catch her when she falls in love with you ;D

Then suddenly, it clicked. Isn’t it the same for you and Kwangmin?

You: *Maybe...maybe it is okay to see Kwangmin. Maybe, we are...meant for each other? Should I go to the fair with him after all? *

You started to feel alive again, the empty space than took over your soul slowly dissolved. Then, Minwoo pulled you out of your thoughts.

Minwoo: Noona...gomawoo *hugs you tighter, then lets go* So...are we back to being siblings?
You: You’ll always be my dongsaeng, silly. *taps his nose*
Minwoo: ^^ Then noona, since we haven’t been talking much recently, do you want to go out together with me and have some fun? ^^
You: Ne, let’s! So where do you think we should go?
Minwoo: Well...our school is having a fair soon, shall we go together? Keke ^^
You: Ooh! When is it, today? ^^
Minwoo: Aniya, we’re still preparing, there’s a lot of work to do ^^ It’s going to be fun!
You: Oh, so that’s why you were going early and coming late ^^ *Whew, so it’s not me : )* So when is the big day?
Minwoo: It’s on this Saturday!
You: Oh, this......Saturday? *But this Saturday...it’s the same date as Dongsaeng’s fair...*
Minwoo: Noona? Noooona! So this Saturday at my school’s fair, just us two? ^^
You: *I want to see Kwangmin...but I don’t want to let Minwoo down again...Why are there so many fairs happening together :\ Eottoke?*

Minwoo: Noona...doesn’t want to go with me? *pouts*
You: Aniya! Of course I want to go with you! ^^
Minwoo: Yay! I’m so happy I’ve finally let this out ^^ So, I have to go do some more preparations now, an-nnyeong~~ Can’t wait! Keke
You: Ne, annyeong~ ^^

Then Minwoo gave you a small peck on your cheek, then cheekily waved goodbye, just like when you were younger : )

After Minwoo went off, you collapsed on your bed and hugged your favourite pillow. Finally, you’ve made up with Minwoo ^^ Then your phone at the edge of your bed beeped, you rolled over lazily and grabbed your phone.

You: Hmm, I wonder what is it? ^^ Ah, I’m so happy nothing can spoil my mood now :DD

Then you looked at the screen, and immediately took back your words.

*2 seconds ago*
 Going?
- YM

Then you realize what you have done.

You: Oh shiet ._. Omo, what a choice! Now what am I going to do? OAO Aish... Saturday is just the day after tomorrow... I want to see Kwangmin, but...I’ve already agreed to Minwoo. He’s my only brother, and I’m not going to hurt him like how I did before...But then I promised dongsaeng too...but what I said was “If Youngmin would put me off math...” Maybe I can ask Youngmin NOT to put me off math? But I have to go to the fair with Minwoo! And plus I asked Youngmin for extra tuition to avoid Kwangmin...and he’ll definitely want me to see Kwangmin, so he’ll  let me off... to go to the fair with Kwangmin, but I promised Minwoo...T.T ahhh! Nevermind! I’ll face all of this tomorrow. I’ll figure something out, somehow...

Frustrated and not knowing what to you, you gullibly shut down your phone, at least you can pretend you didn’t receive it, I mean, deny that you have secretly push that problem to the darkest corner of your mind so you have to think about it. Yes, that’s more like it.

So the next day, you wait for Youngmin to show up with a rapidly increasing heart beat, because, well......you haven’t thought of what to do.

*5 minutes of waiting later*

You: *How about... I pretend I’m sick so I can’t go to Dongsaeng’s fair?:D Then I’ll go to the fair with Minwoo! ^^ Problem solved! *

*10 minutes of waiting later*

You: *But...I want to see Kwangmin SO BADLY...Hey! Maybe I can pretend I’m sick so I can’t go to Minwoo’s fair...but wait, he may be worried and won’t go to the fair at all, and I’ll waste his whole day, as well as mine since I may have to act like I’m sick and still can’t meet Kwangmin.... AAGH I’ll just act sick so I can’t go both fairs! So there! *

*15 minutes of waiting later*

You:  * But...I want to go...Oh! I know! I can go to one of the fairs early, and then go to the next one after that! I’m a genius! *

*20 minutes of waiting later*

You:  * But what if they won’t want to let me go (or I don’t want to leave them)? And plus why are there so many fairs happening on the same day? It’s making my life so difficult! D:< *

*30 minutes of waiting later*

You: * Wait. Fairs that just happen, to happen on the same day. *WT- MEME* WHAT IF THEY’RE THE SAME FAIRS? O.O OH NOESSSSS! Think, think, think!!*

*45 minutes of waiting later*

You: * Wait a minute, if it’s the same fair, then all the more better! ^^ We can go together, awesome! ^^......Oh who am I kidding. Minwoo HATES, I mean, dislikes Kwangmin... a little... And he did say ‘just us two’...It’ll be so awkward...sigh...*

*1 hour of waiting later*

You: * Oh! I could tell Dongsaeng I have to spend the day with Minwoo, and then I go to the fair with Minwoo and ‘coincidentally’ meet the others, and enjoy the fair together! But then...Minwoo will think I’ve set it up, and in the end probably dislike Kwangmin more...OR I could go with Dongsaeng and ‘coincidentally’ see Minwoo? :D Wait, that’s a stupid idea why did I even think of that. -facepalm- *

*1 hour 15 minutes of waiting later*

You: * Why isn’t Youngmin here yet? It’s been more than one hour. Never mind, the later the better, I still have not come to a conclusion. So...if I go with either of them, and I see the other, it’ll be awkward! Eottoke?? I don’t want to hurt any of them! None of these choices are right D: *

*1 hour 30 minutes of waiting later*

You: * Wait. O.O The same fair was only my assumption! It could be different fairs. -.- Then what am I worrying about? Oh right, who should I go with without hurting the other...Omo, my mind is going to blow! Someone kill me now before I kill myself...Jebhal!!*

*1 hour 45 minutes of waiting later*

You: *......Okay, it’s almost 2 hours. My brain cells are almost all dead, where are you Youngmin?*

*2 hours of waiting later*

You: ............Youngmin-ah, is this your way of making me not able to say no? -.-

Then you suddenly remembered your mobile’s existence.

You: *He could have at least called or messaged right?*

But when you took your phone out, the black screen suddenly reminded you of something.

Your phone was off. (Because a certain someone turned it off last night out of guilt and didn’t remember to turn it on).

You: ......o.o......*turns on phone*

 

*3 hours ago*
You’re free today; I’ve got some things to do. You won’t mind right? You’re off the weekends too, I’m busy at that time. Mianhaeyo.
P.S. Coming on Sat?
- YM

 

You stare at the phone, dumfounded. Suddenly, you felt like tearing someone or something apart for all that time wasted boggling your mind for nothing, but you couldn’t find anyone except for yourself. Just then you realize you were holding your phone and phones were fragile enough to be broken. So you start contemplating the best ways of breaking your phone, when you had finally selected the best (just smash it on the floor, simple and easy), the phone beeped again, showing a 2nd message that was sent 2 hours ago.

 

*2 hours ago*
Noona, mianhaeyo...can we change the date of our sibling-bonding day? D:
- MW

You: =A= You have got to be joking me.

Unable to handle all the sudden things that seemed to have created more problems but also solved all your problems, you called Minwoo.

You: Yoboseyo, Minwoo-ah?

Minwoo: Yoboseyo?

You: Minwoo-ah, why the sudden change?

Minwoo: Umm...because...because...I...*person in background: Minwoo! It’s your turn to get measurements for your dress!*

You: Mwo?

Minwoo: Ahh! Um, nothing, my friend was calling someone else with the same name, a girl.

You: Ah?

Minwoo: Uh, noona, it’s because I have to work. Ne! It’s because I have to work on that day, so I can’t spend the whole day with you, so can we change the date? ^^

You: Oh? You won’t be free for even half an hour?

Minwoo: *Person in background: Minwoo-ah!* Ne, they’re calling for me already! We’re going to be REALLY BUSY so... gotta run! See you later noona, annyeong~! *click*

Then you were listening to a dial tone. You were in such a daze you didn’t even realize that the voice in the background that called for Minwoo was the same.

You: *What...just happened..?*

*Some time later*

After staring at particularly nothing for you don’t know how long later, you finally regained your senses and sent a text to Youngmin, saying you’ll go to the fair. Then somehow someway, you made it back home in one piece, still not recovered from the brain malfunction. It wasn’t until Youngmin replied you that you really woke up.

*2 seconds ago*
Okay, see you on Saturday! Glad Pikachu’s coming, wear something nice okay ^^ Meet you in the sweet shop at 10am on Sat, ppyong~
- YM

You: Well, at least everything’s fine now.

But no. Youngmin (though he sounded suspiciously like dongsaeng) said to wear something nice. WHAT IS SOMETHING NICE? It’s not like he had to add that anyway, you’re going to FINALLY SEE KWANGMIN AGAIN!

You flipped open your wardrobe and started digging through it. Tank top? Blouse? Floaty Flying-squirrel shirt? Skinny jeans? Hot pants? Flowery skirt? Suddenly, it felt like you have nothing to wear. So you combed through your wardrobe, until you finally found the perfect outfit: Your favourite t-shirt and simple jeans. Well, you’re going to a fun fair, for kpop’s sake! (How can you fully enjoy yourself with skin-tight jeans and floaty flying-squirrel shirts, right?)

Usually, you wouldn’t quite care less about what you wear, but on Saturday, you plan to tell Kwangmin what’s on your mind. You’re going to confess. So maybe it was too simple, but at least it was you, and it’s you who you want show to Kwangmin, the real you.

*On Friday*

It was an unusual day. It’s like everyone had disappeared like magic.

Minwoo went to prepare for his school’s fair, so no Minwoo.
Youngmin called off extra maths, so no Youngmin.
Dongsaeng was usually never seen, so no Dongsaeng.
Even the sweet shop was closed, so no Jeongmin or his tender and caring sister.
The most unusual thing was...no Kwangmin.

It is true that you haven’t been seeing him for the past few days, but never have Kwangmin missed the bus for no reasons at all. Your heart start to fall a little as you came to a conclusion, you tried to deny it, but it’s the only explanation you found logical.

You: *After hurting Kwangmin like this... could it be that...Kwangmin is...avoiding me?*

You spent Friday a little lost, a little alone, and that night, you had a dream.

Kwangmin was smiling, but at the same time tears fell down his cheeks.

Kwangmin: Nan neomu, neomu chowayo...Please don’t leave me... : )Please...:’)

He was trying smile, trying to stop his tears, but they just fell mercilessly. Your heart ached with every single tear he shed, but when you ran over to him to hug him and tell him you’ll never leave him, he evaporated in cloud of smoke.

Then you saw someone running towards you. It was Dongsaeng. You were so glad to see her; you needed someone’s shoulder to cry on. But when she stood in front of you, she didn’t hug you. She gave you a smack on the face. Then she demanded why you had to hurt Kwangmin, all the while sobbing as hard as if someone just died.

But nothing could beat the ending, it was the worst.

Youngmin pulled you away from everything, and kissed you.

You woke up sweating and your heart thumping, and then you realize your pillow was wet from all your crying in your sleep. All you could think of was how to tell Kwangmin you like him and...apologize. You couldn’t decide which was harder. The only thing you were sure of was how you wished Saturday can come now.

 

 

It’s Saturday. It’s finally Saturday!!!

In your favourite tees and comfy jeans, you jumped out of the bus and walked to the sweet shop. You heartbeat increased rapidly, you’re finally meeting Kwangmin after such a long time. You were running late, so you skipped and ran a little. Soon, you reached the sweet shop. There were 3 people standing there, and two taller figures seemed to be in a quarrel. The shortest figure spotted you first.

Dongsaeng: PIKACHU ANNYEONGGG~! I’ve missed you! ^^
You: Annyeong ^^

The two people who seemed to be in a fight turned out to be Youngmin and Kwangmin. When you approached them, you heard Youngmin saying “I really like her,” and Kwangmin saying, “I don’t want to do this...” and then when they saw you, they ended their conversation abruptly and turned their faces away from each other.

You tried to wave to Kwangmin, but he seemed to be avoiding your eyes. Youngmin, on the other hand, greeted you, but rather awkwardly. You smiled back at him, trying to hide your disappointment

You: *Maybe...I shouldn’t have come...*

Dongsaeng, who either sensed the awkward tension, or is oblivious to everything, changed the mood immediately.

Dongsaeng: Pikachu, Jeongminnie oppa couldn’t make it today, so there’s only us four ^^ Like a double date! Keke :D Jokes, jokes. So, let’s go to catch the bus to the fun fair! ^^

Then without anyone’s approval (or disapproval) she interlinked your arms and dragged you to the bus stop with the twins tagging along.

*In the bus*

If you have never met Kwangmin, or Youngmin, or Dongsaeng, is not yourself and happens to catch the same bus with them today, you’d think, “I must be in heaven...”

The Jo twins were beautiful masterpieces themselves. Where is the justice in this world to have two people looking exactly the same? But the highlight was Dongsaeng, she was dressed like an angel, which brought out her long flowing black hair and doll-like eyes. Her smile that never seems to falter accentuates the twinkle in her eyes, as if stars were trapped in them and her milky flawless skin made her looked like a delicate porcelain doll. The three of them together was like a holy painting of the most beautiful angels...That would be what the people in the bus would think.

But, you have met Kwangmin, Youngmin, Dongsaeng, and is yourself. So you knew, if this was a picture, it would not be a pretty one. Although Dongsaeng was smiling and talking to you, you could still feel the difference in the atmosphere. The twins were not talking to each other, or to anyone else, for what matters. Only dongsaeng seemed to act normal. (Or is she just oblivious to everything happening around her?)

*In the fair*

Dongsaeng: Pikachuu! What do you want to play? ^^ There are games, bouncers, a haunted house and lots of rides! ^^
You: Umm, anything? You choose? ^^
Dongsaeng: Jinjja? XD Most of the rides aren’t open till night, so we’ll leave that for the last :D Haunted houses are too boring in the morning, and too scary at night, so let’s go to there around afternoon! ^^ So...games and bouncers! I don’t think the bouncers are set up yet, they take so long to be fully filled -3- *pouts* so let’s play gamesss XDD

So the four of you wander around, looking for an interesting game. Not long later, Dongsaeng found something interesting.

Dongsaeng: GUNS!!! *A*

You were at the shooting gallery. There were various kinds of shooting there, darts, bow and arrow and of course, guns. Dongsaeng was, naturally, attracted to the most dangerous one. She immediately booked a room for 4 and set the level to EXTREMELY INTERESTING. Then you all geared up like army soldiers complete with googles and helmets covering your whole face except for your eyes, then you all went into the secluded medium-sized room, with Dongsaeng jumping up and down.

Dongsaeng: Guys should be naturally better at this than girls, so oppas, you will station between us ^^ So the position will be like this: Youngmin oppa, Pikachu, Kwangmin oppa, then me! ^^
You: But wouldn’t you be not between guys? Will you be okay?
Dongsaeng: Ah, gwenchanayo :D Do I look like I can’t handle a gun? ;D

Then she twirled the air shot-gun expertly. You figured never should you underestimate her again.

Soon after, the game began. The 4 of you were behind a board with one marked air shot-gun, facing a white wall. But that wall soon sprouted holes the size of a small coin, and the thing is, they move. In the EXTREMELY INTERESTING level, all of these holes are marked at random and each gives a special effect when hit, including: Spurting water at the other shooters, drenching the shooter, throwing confetti, pouring slime, blowing dry ice, being attacked by paint balls, etc. Of course, there are the boring ones: the safe ones; it does nothing. But chances of hitting those are 1 out of 100, and there are about 200 holes here. Somehow, you weren’t surprised after Dongsaeng explained the rules.

So, the games began.

Everyone held their guns and... start shooting at random.

*Bang!* *Bang!* *Bang!* *Bang!*

Robotic voice: Player 4. BULLS-EYE! SAFE!
Everyone: ...OO

It turns out that player 4 was dongsaeng, as her gun was marked with a #4. She posed adorably with her gun.

Dongsaeng: Keke! ;D Aren’t I good? ^^
Kwangmin: Aigo, Dongsaengneomu kyeoo ^^

Then he patted her helmet, the way he would’ve ruffled her hair. You felt as if a hammer whammed your heart. Desperately trying to change your focus, you turned to face the wall, and starting firing your gun.

*Bang!* *Bang!* *Bang!* *Bang!*

Robotic voice: Player 1. PARTY HARD!

Then confetti rained down on Youngmin.

Everyone: HAHAHA! 

Youngmin immediately clumsily whipped his hair, I mean helmet, back and forth to shake off the confetti. Since you were the closest to him, you helped him sweep some confetti off his face. While you were sweeping it off, your eyes met and those eyes instantly reminded you of the time Kwangmin got chocolate on his face. It was as if some electricity passed between you and Youngmin, you two immediately averted your eyes. You sneaked a peek at Kwangmin, wondering if he noticed and misunderstood.

But, he wasn’t even looking at you.

So the game continues.

*Bang!* *Bang!* *Bang!* *Bang!*

Robotic voice: Player 3. HALLELUJAH!

Then a spot light was thrown on Kwangmin, and Kwangmin embraced it, acting as if he was a holy angel.

Everyone: HAHAHAHA!

Then the lights disappeared and Kwangmin laughed along with everyone, he bumped shoulders with dongsaeng and air-fived Youngmin, but never once spared you a glance. You brushed it off, convincing yourself it was nothing.

So the game continues, with Player 1, 3 and 4 being called on repeatedly with various special effects. (Dongsaeng being the most unlucky, with green slime and stink bomb) But after a long time, someone wasn’t called at all...Player 2; you.

You’d like anything! Even slime... or maybe just paint balls. At least something! Just when you started getting tired of this game, Youngmin seemed to notice it and put down his gun and did something unexpected.

He went behind you, and put his hands over yours and helped you to position the gun properly. It was something...like a hug from the back.

Youngmin: Your hands need to be straight, and you need to close one of your eyes. When the tiny hoop on the top of the gun is aligned with the hole, fire.

You took a deep breath to focus, and inhaled the familiar jasmine scent. How you wished it was Kwangmin who was guiding you...but the slightly blonde lock of hair reminded you, it was Youngmin, not Kwangmin. How you hated the twin illusions.

Then you fired.

Robotic Voice: Player 2. SOMEONE’S IN LOOOVE!

Pink heart holograms visualized all around you...and Youngmin.

The entire room was suddenly frozen, everyone’s face stoned. Youngmin immediately dropped your hands and walked back to his position. You wondered if he was blushing behind his helmet, but then you remembered...he wasn’t Kwangmin.

Dongsaeng: ......Ah, this game is getting boring, let’s go to the Bouncer! I bet it’s fully filled now ^^

So you moved on to the bouncers. It sure was fully filled, filled with people. It was lucky you were wearing jeans, because Dongsaeng picked the highest, most bouncy bouncer – The Jelly slide. It was the kind of bouncers where you have to climb up the bouncer and slide down. There were a lot of people, but Dongsaeng insisted on that bouncer the minute she spotted it. The three of you were reluctant at first, but after Dongsaeng’s puppy eye attack, you all caved in.

So now the 4 of you were at the top of the bouncer, queuing up and waiting for your turn in line. 

Dongsaeng: Oppa! Don’t push me!
Youngmin: Mianhaeyo, it’s a little crowded here.
Dongsaeng: Aigo, alright then. Oppa, you’re the hyung, you go first! And I’m the youngest, so I’m going last, mwahahaha! Kwangmin and Pikachu, do you guys wanna go together? ^^
Kwangmin: I’ll go after hyung...alone.

He seemed to have decided that too quickly; did he really not want to be in your company...at all?

So Youngmin slided down first, and then Kwangmin followed after Youngmin left the ‘landing area’. But when Kwangmin was halfway down the slide, you felt someone bump into you. You flailed your arms, desperately fighting for balance. But then another someone pushed you, this time, it felt deliberate.

You: Aaaaah!

Since there was nothing you could hold onto, you were sent tumbling down after Kwangmin. Just as Kwangmin touched down back-first to the bottom, you collapsed onto him, with your faces 2 centimeters away from each other. Your mind flashed back...to the time when he saved you and how you almost kissed...

But this time, it was different. Kwangmin averted his face the second he saw you falling down, and never made eye contact with you.

People: Ooooooo! *Phew-witt!*

Kwangmin gently but awkwardly pushed you away from him and walked off, leaving you sitting there, at a loss for words. Then someone gave you a hand, like how Kwangmin did.

Youngmin: Gwenchanayo?

At that moment, you felt something shatter inside.

*After Dongsaeng’s jump* 

Dongsaeng: Pikachuuuuu D: Mianhaeyo T.T I bumped into you because the person at the back kept on pushing me D: Are you alright?
You: Ne...
Dongsaeng: You look so pale! Oh I know! You must be hungry! Let’s go for lunch? ^^ Come one, I know one of the café’s food are delishhh :D
You weren’t really in the mood to eat anything, but at least if you eat, you can avoid looking at anyone and just concentrate on your food. That way, no one will know that you’re near shattering into smithereens.

Dongsaeng brought you to a nice looking café named “Coffee Princess” and picked a square table.

Dongsaeng: Youngmin oppa! You almost didn’t talk to me for the whole day D: I request for you to sit opposite me? Arasso? ^^

Youngmin agreed by nodding silently, and so you were seated...opposite Kwangmin. You were slightly suspecting that Dongsaeng is behind something, because after saying that, she was suddenly very interested in food and kept her head buried in the menu.

Soon, a waitress in a maid costume and long brown hair came to your table.

Waitress: Annyeonghaseyo, how may I serve you, my masters? ^^
Kwangmin: Omo, keopta.

Then you felt the waitress got a little rigid. But how can you pay attention to the face of the waitress when your life was up-side-down? You have already asked Dongsaeng to pick your lunch for you, so you looked away and stared into space.

Dongsaeng: I would like today’s special, also Mocha Latte, umm.... oh I want Strawber-............

You felt like the world was muted for a while, so you turned your head to see what was happening.

Then you see Dongsaeng and the waitress staring at each other with their mouths open. Then you finally saw the waitress’s face properly. Funny how it looked so familiar...Then it hit you.

You, Dongsaeng and Waitress: It’s you! OAO

 

 

When you thought that you were hallucinating, Dongsaeng burst into fits of laughter, all the while clapping like a retarded seal. (But somehow still manage to look good doing that)

Dongsaeng: Neoooomu yeppona!

‘Waitress’: Yah! What are you doing here? We had a deal!

You: M-M-M-Minwoo?! OAO!!

Minwoo: Noona?! What are you doing here?? Aigoo, jinjja..! *covers face*

Dongsaeng: Pikachu...you know Minwoo??? oAo?

You: Ne, he’s my little brother... OAO *Okay, what is going on now?*

Minwoo was dressed in a classic black and white maid uniform and his hair was the same brown, but...only...long. Really long. She, I mean, HE looked pretty. Maybe even prettier than most girls ._.

Minwoo, who was definitely not used to being gawked at like monkeys in a zoo, suddenly grabbed Dongsaeng’s arm and pulled her into a more secluded area. You close your eyes and massaged your temples.

You: *Minwoo is in a maid outfit and looks prettier than most girls....COULD. NOT. COMPUTE.*

The three of you were left alone, so you had a feeling awkward moments weren’t far away. But to your surprise, they didn’t come. Not because Kwangmin decided to talk to you again, but because Minwoo and Dongsaeng made such a ruckus that everyone was watching so no one had spare time to feel awkward.

They seemed to be having an argument, you only caught a few phrases that sounded something like this:
“...A deal...!@#$%^&*(... I didn’t know!...!@#$%^&*(... You broke...!@#$%^&*(... challenge...!@#$%^&*(...Winners will...!@#$%^&*(... Fine! ...!@#$%^&*(... lose...!@#$%^&*(... quit...!@#$%^&*(... photo....Bring it! Fine!”

Then suddenly the incoherent argument stopped and after a short silence, everyone could hear clearly.

“Kai...Bai...Bo! Kai Bai Bo! KAI BAI BO!”
“Yes!!!!!”
“Ah, boyah...”

Then it was a few seconds of silence, and then dongsaeng re-appeared with a scowl on her face. She sat down and glared at the menu, you thought it would be a bad idea to talk to her, so you dutifully went back to your own little space, trying to accept Minwoo in a girl’s dress.

Soon, Minwoo returned with his normal clothes and pulled a seat beside you between you and Youngmin. You were never any happier to see someone in a pair of long pants, and then you suddenly pieced things together.

You: Are you two...?
Minwoo & Dongsaeng: ....?
You: You know, um...*How do I say this...*
Youngmin: Together?


Then they looked at us as if we just dug our nose in front of them.

Minwoo: Her?!
Dongsaeng: Him?!
Minwoo & Dongsaeng: PSSH! NO WAY!

Then they glared at each other.

Minwoo: Noona, mianaheyo, because of SOMEONE *glares at Dongsaeng* I had to work.
You: Ah, gwencha-
Dongsaeng: Ne, gwenchanayo. Now that you are free of this WORK, why don’t you disappear? ^^
Minwoo: Ah wae guerae? I planned to enjoy this day with my sister and that’s what I’m going to do ^^
Dongsaeng: YOU WOULDN’T =.=
Minwoo: TRY ME. =A=

Then you saw lighting sparks between their eyes. And not the lovey dovey kind. But amidst all this drama, the twins just sat with poker faces.

You: *Am I the only one feeling awkward here..?*

So the five of you ‘enjoyed’ an awkward lunch with the two Maknaes throwing ugly faces at each other, the twins staying as emotionless as ever and you trying to stay as invisible as possible.

After lunch, Dongsaeng asked you what you wanted to do, Minwoo exclaimed ‘PLAY GAMES’ and you nodded in agreement in a hurry before Dongsaeng could snap at Minwoo and told him no one asked him. (She looked vicious.)

So your group spent the afternoon playing games. It was more like a tournament between Minwoo and Dongsaeng, really. You played hoops, lucky numbers, bingo, math quiz, air hockey, basketball, karaoke, the bumper car and etc. For each and every game, Minwoo and Dongsaeng would fight till the very end. Once they got overboard and broke the air hockey puck in half because their scored were always end to end so the game had to continue. They even took part in an eating contest, one coming first, and the other second. Who was the first...is better left unknown.

They were just so good and so perfect at everything, by the time you’ve finished all the stalls, you, Youngmin and Kwangmin’s hands were loaded with loads of different prizes. The shop keeper must’ve wanted to kill them. Teddy bears, rubber duckies, kites, ping pong ball sets, mushroom bells and etc. They were all your gifts actually, but halfway through Dongsaeng asked Kwangmin to help you take your things and started dumping the prizes she won on him, and Minwoo did the same thing to Youngmin.

It was a hilarious sight, really. 2 good looking guys barely able to see the road in front of them as they were carrying a mountain-high pile of prizes, 2 children running around and shouting one challenge after another, and of course 1 really awkward and out of place person trying to hide herself with behind anything within reach.

Soon, the skies darken.

You: Umm...maybe we should stop playing already?
Dongsaeng: Okay, next stall!
You: I mean, all these games.  We didn’t bring a trolley to contain all the prizes so, yeah...
Minwoo: Ne, of course Noona! ^^ It’s time for us to rest :D It’s night, so how about we go to the HAUNTED HOUSE? ^^
Dongsaeng: ......Actually, I don’t think it’s a good id-
Minwoo: Noona you’re not scared right? ^^
You: Umm, ne...
Minwoo: So what are you scared of, chicken. *glares*
Dongsaeng: Pssh, who said I was scared? Let’s do this!

*At the Haunted House*

Worker: Please register and leave your belongings especially your phone and torch lights in a safe to prevent spoiling the surprises in the haunted house and claim it after you complete it. Don’t worry, if you get lost inside, just shout “I quit!” and the administrators will help you out.

You: *Finally, I can put all these prizes aside! But this must be a really sophisticated haunted house...*

So the five of you stepped into the haunted house with Dongsaeng clinging to Kwangmin (she seemed really reluctant to enter, no matter how much she denies and). And then you got into darkness. Then a voice boomed and all of you jumped.

Booming Voice: Welcome, to the W Haunted House.

Everyone : O_O

Booming: You can see nothing now. Do not speak, as this is a room with a special sound system and none of you can hear another. There are 5 pairs of doors here. Each pair leads to the same path, and each path will interlink with each other. Moved around, choose a door, and enter...Welcome to the W Haunted House.

You: *Okay, this is getting a little creepy...*

You moved around like one of the 3 blind mice and soon touched a door. You opened it, and stepped into the real haunted house. The curtains were slashed and stained with blood, forbidding armorrs lurked in every corridor. There were numerous doors in the hallways, and just as you lifted your head to take in the decorations, one of the doors opened and out came...

Your heart sank when you saw the hair of the perfection in front of you was not black. But when Youngmin’s eyes met yours, your heart did a little skip.

You: *What is this......It’s just, I’m scared. Yes, I’m scared.*
Youngmin: Ah, Pikachu, I ended up with you ^^
You: Uh, ne... : ) *Oh my god, why am I smiling like this! >.<*
Youngmin: Um, I guess we have to work our way out of this place? *awkward*
You: But how? We might even lose each other like this...*Maybe I can find Kwangmin...*

Then Youngmin did the unthinkable. He smiled at you and offered you his hand.

Youngmin: So...May I walk you out of this place? It’s dark here and you might get lost...so...Um...

Then you flashed back to the time Kwangmin first walked you home, and you felt your heart ache again.

You: *Youngmin...why do you have to be so nice to me? But more importantly...why do you have to look so much like Kwangmin and remind me of him everytime I see you....;__;*

You didn’t feel it was right to hold his hand, even if he is Kwangmin’s twin, so you hesitated. Being very observant, Youngmin picked up a piece of ragged cloth from the floor and hand it over to you.

Youngmin: Here, you can hold on to this...and I’ll hold on to the other end, if you don’t mind. That way, um, we won’t get lost...

You were unable to bring yourself to reject Youngmin.

You: *He is just being nice to you, silly, how can you feel otherwise, pabo!*

So you took the other end of the cloth and you and Youngmin walked around the haunted house, trying to find the others. Your phones were confisticated and the lighting was extremely dim, so you and Youngmin wandered around blindly, connected by a piece of cloth. Youngmin kept quiet, which suited you fine. His presence alone was soothing, you can’t help thinking if only he was Kwangmin...

After some time, you wondered why Dongsaeng was so reluctant to go in. You saw that there was nothing really that scary about this place, the decorations weren’t that real and even the blood was slightly pink. But you didn’t know that this place would be the place where your heart stops.

After a seemingly indefinite time of wandering and ignoring silly gags that didn’t even surprised you, you stepped over a skeleton then you spotted someone with black hair from the back, and a shorter shape beside it. Just when you were about to call out to them, a voice stopped your words and forced it inside.

“ I know...but...it hurts too much. I don’t want to suffer anymore. So...it’s the end.”

It was Kwangmin.

“But she-“
“I’m done with it. I held onto her, waited and waited, but it looks like she’s not coming back.”
“If she comes-“
“Ani. Even...even if she does, it’s...”

Then a pair of hands covered your ears.

Still, it didn’t stop you from hearing the death sentence.

“It’s over.”

At that final sentence, you heard a crack, and then your heart shattered completely.

There were no tears. You didn’t know why, but you didn’t cry. Maybe you just hoped this was a nightmare and you can wake up from it. Or Maybe you didn’t want to admit you’re dying from the inside, falling into nothingness.  Or maybe... you didn’t want to accept that you’ve lost Kwangmin forever.

Just then, someone held your hand and ran. Who was it? He had a slightly coloured hair. It was Youngmin. You head was a mess. You knew nothing, and only ran. The two of you kept running, and running. Somehow, you two reached the exit.

Youngmin: Pikachu, I have to tell you something.
You: ......
Youngmin: Pikachu? Gwewchanayo?
You: ...Ne. Gwenchanyo.
Youngmin: Pikachu, look at me, just look at me.

You looked at him, and then smiled.

You: Why don’t we ditch the others and go have fun ourselves? : )
Youngmin: Pikachu...
You: C’mon, we most probably can’t find them now! ;D
Youngmin: ...... I need to tell you something.
You: It can wait, let’s just have fun! Gajah!

Then you interlinked his arm like a sister and pulled him to go to rides.

You went to the rolling cups, and got your head dizzy. You climbed on the Merry-go-round and sang along with the Disney Princess songs. You went to the pirate ship and got a little nauseous. You went to the Ferris Wheel and ooh-and-ahhed at the night view. You rode on roller coaster rides and screamed your lungs out.

While you were doing all of those, Youngmin just stayed beside you silently. Soon you got physically tired and it was near mid-night, so you proposed to go home, and boarded the bus. Youngmin just followed and sat beside you without a word.

It was only until the bus started moving and the music and screams and laughter faded away did you really understand what happened tonight.

Youngmin: Pikachu...I...
You: Chowayo.
Youngmin: ...Mwo?
You: Chowayo. ;___; NEOMU, NEOMU CHOWAYO! ;A;
Youngmin: ......

You let your tears fall freely.

You: I really, really, like him. I really, really like Kwangmin ;__;
Youngmin: ...Jinjja?
You: Ne...Since the day I’ve met him, I’ve fallen for him.
Youngmin: ...Pikachu... I need to ask you something.
You: Ne?
Youngmin: What if...I told you that...I like you?
You:  .....? Y-youngmin...

Youngmin looked straight into your eyes and at that moment you overlapped him and Kwangmin again. You know that, you shouldn’t hurt him.

You: Youngmin, mianhaeyo. ;__; To be honest, for a moment there, I thought you were Kwangmin ;___;... Gomawo Youngmin, but... I like Kwangmin...only Kwangmin... and...you’re not Kwangmin. ;____;
Youngmin: Okay, then...remember when you said would talk to anyone but Kwangmin?
You: ...Ne.
Youngmin: How would Kwangmin know, if you never told him?
You: Its okay, if he’s over me...let it be that way. Then, I won’t have to hurt him anymore. No matter how much I like him...it’s the way......it should be.
Youngmin: What if, he doesn’t care, and wants to be with you, only you?
You: I don’t think that will happen after I hurt him like this...;___; But, a girl can dream, right? ;___; I’d do anything to undo all the things that I did wrong, and tell him I like him...
Youngmin: If you can’t tell him, you can pretend I am Kwangmin.
You: But...you’re not. ;___;
Youngmin: *Deep breathe* Then what if......I am?
You: ......Mwo?

Then ‘Youngmin’ reached up, and pulled off a head of yellow hair, revealing his black hair, and then took out a small piece of paper, then started reading out of it.

Kwangmin: Na, Jo Kwangmin, chowayo, Pikachu. Star smile star. I mean....  *smiles* :D

You couldn’t believe what was happening. Kwangmin was sitting in front of you, blushing heavily and peeking at the tiny paper in his hand.

Kwangmin: Na, Jo Kwangmin, officially asks Pikachu. Will you, Pikachu, Be My Girlfriend? Star wink star. o.o? Aigoo!

You: ...... ;___;...... PABO! I bet this was all Dongsaeng’s idea!

Frustrated, he threw away his cheat sheet, held your hands and said the words that started all of this.

Kwangmin: Yah, can we please stop fighting? I really miss you.
You: ...... What kind of angel protector are you?! ;A;
Kwangmin:  I'm sorry, be my yeoja again? ;D

Then he did that failed wink that never fails to melt you.

You: ......;___;

After seeing your reactions, he gave up all the flowery shows and wrapped his hands around you, hugging you like he never wanted to let go.

Kwangmin: Saranghaeyo. Be my Girlfriend?

You: PABO! Of course I wil-

But you never got to finish your sentence, because you felt Kwangmin’s soft lips against yours and nothing mattered anymore. How you wished that this bus ride will go on and on. <3

*THE END*