I Want Her

Don't Fall in Love

A year ago

Today is the annual battle of the battalion where all branches of the military and academy's gather for the competition to see which school is the best. The cadets of all   school are pumped and ready to take home the trophy to display in the center of their school. Many have won, many have lost, but the two finalist were no other that Jeon Jungkook and Song Haeju. Both star pupil and pride of their school.

"And now we have to the field Captin Jeon of Kim's Army Academy and 1st Lieutenant Song of Lee's Alpha Academy on the field! For this obstacle, they must climb over and down the wall. Then they race to grab the paint ball gun and shot the targets. After that they must shoot each other. The person who managed to shot the other wins!" All that could be heard is the crowd cheering for their fellow cadets.

Haeju is currently putting on her gloves and tying her hair. Anybody who looked at her can she the burning fire in her eyes. She was formulating a plan until somebody busted through the tents. "Hey Kid!" Haeju turned around to be faced to faced with the Battalion Commander of Kim's Army Academy. Haeju squealed but quickly composed herself. She stood in the position of attention and saluted to the colonel. " Don't worry ma'am. I will assure you I will win this battle." Haeju said.

The colonel shook her head at Haeju serious voice. She knew Haeju ever since she joined the academy  which makes it funny. "Hehe I'm haha sorry Haeju I just hahaha can't take you seriously. You're just so cute!!" The colonel squeezed Haeju cheeks much to her annoyance. "Nana Unnie! People are staring!"

Nana rolled her eyes at her. "Oh calm down everybody knows our relationship. Don't tell me you're embarrassed of me! I, the almighty Kim Nana, the Battalion commander and best friend of Song Haeju, deserve special treatment from everybody." 

Haeju started to mute Nana. She was currently staring into the eyes of her enemy. Jeon Jungkook. In return she received a frown from the boy.She wondered what went wrong.

The first day at alpha academy, she ran into Jungkook. She just wanted to ask for directions but he simply bumped into her making her drop her books. I know cliche much. "Hey at least apologized for bumping into me!" 

Haeju outburst made Jungkook stop without facing her. "Do you know who I am?" He asked still not facing her. Haeju puffed her cheeks, an old habit when she is annoyed. " Jeon Jungkook. Member of the elite force BTS. Staff Sergeant. Student of Kim's Army Academy.  Thinks he runs the world just because he is part of the elite force in his second year." 

Haeju hoped that infuriated him. But to her dismay it only brought a smirk on his face. "At least I have a future in the army. This is no place for girls. You should just pack your bags and leave." With that he left without another world.

Haeju couldn't help but to take that personally. He was right in a way. Alpha academy only have a 4 percentage of females. It's less likely she would succeed. Haeju sat there staring at the ground in deep thoughts. That is until she was kicked in the face. 

The kick sent her back onto the ground. She looked up and saw a girl in the army with two circles in her shoulders. Haeju stared at those ranks in admiration.

"If you're done staring how about getting your but up and get to training?" The girl said with a demanding tone in her voice. 

That made Haeju realize her purpose is not to fall due to hateful words but to become the best cadet of this school just like her grandmother. Fire blazed in Haeju eyes catching the 1st lieutenant by surprise. It's been a while she met a student, much less a girl, with such determination.

"what's your name kid?

"Song Haeju."

lieutenant gave a smirk offering her hand. " I like your spirit kid. From now on you will be trained under me. The names Kim Nana. I'm actually from Kim's Army Academy but just for you I'll make an exception." Nana gave me a wink. Since that day I gained an best friend and an enemy.

"YAH SONG HAEJU! I WAS TALKING TO YOU!!" Haeju gave Nana a guilty look. "Sorry I was thinking of something. Anyways what did you wanted to tell me." Nana just sighed at her friend but quickly composed herself. "I have a favor to ask you, but you might not like it."

Haeju entered in the arena next to Jungkook with a blank face. Jungkook took a quick glance at her before focusing back to the obstacles course. "You know you won't beat me right?"

Haeju hands balled into fist. Jungkook just doesn't know when to shut up. "Of course I know. But that doesn't mean I can't try." Jungkook eyes slightly widened. She knew she can't beat him yet she still dare to challenged him in front of the whole school. Jungkook can't help but to be impressed with her determination. 

The referee stood in front of the pairs. "Are you ready? Go!"

The battle was intense. In each courses, the person in each level always switches. Finally it was time to eliminate the other. Haeju and Jungkook each grabbed a paint ball gun and raced towards the forest. The audience were on the edge of their seat staring at the monitor. Both contestant were breathing heavily while trying to remain silent. 

Haeju crawl hoping not to be spotted by Jungkook. Yet she notice something off. She had a feeling he was above the trees. She went into a cave and looked above the trees. She didn't know if she was just paranoid, but she just knew he was above those trees. Her eyes darting left and right to spot the black haired boy. Then they made eye contact.

It didn't take five seconds for paint balls to come flying at each other. Jungkook speed made it difficult for haeju while it is Haeju agility that made it difficult for Jungkook. Unfortunately for Jungkook he wasted his last paint ball while Haeju still had one left. 

Jungkook raised his hands above his head signaling he surrenders. However what Haeju did next caught him by surprise. She skillfully pointed the gun at her stomach and shot her last paint ball. Groaning from the pain she fainted. I mean you can't blame her she didn't have breakfast or water and she has been running for hours under the sun. 

Jungkook just stared at her body. Why did she do that? He picked her body in his arms and went to exit the Forrest. When he came out, all of his supporters started cheering while Haeju supports came rushing to her side. Nana was the first to reach her. She took Haeju away from Jungkook much to his displeasure. 

Nana walked away. She smiled down at Haeju unconscious body. " Thanks kid. I owe you one." 

Jungkook kept staring the whole time. He didn't want the trophy the general was giving him anymore. He wanted Song Haeju.