Champion

I'm a Fighter
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Kyungsoo opened his eyes. He rolled over, groaning at the aches on his body. Someone was banging on the door, shouting for his name. He squinted at the clock on the wall, 8am, too early. Too bright. Kyungsoo closed his eyes before opening them again. 

Wait.

Why are the curtains drawn back?

Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows trying to think back. Oh yeah.. He did not even get to close the curtains...

 

He had out.


He remembered he made plans with Jongdae and Minseok today. He had came home happily from school, one of the rare times. He had tripped over his mum's flowerpot and fell, but it had not dampened his feelings at all, till he heard her screaming.

"DO KYUNGSOO!" His mum---stepmum--- had glared at him with disbelief shown all over her face. "YOU CLUMSY . Look what you had done to my favourite flowers!"

Kyungsoo pushed himself up and turned around. . The flowers were all on the floor, broken pieces of the pot lying around. For better or for worse, the stepmum's screams had attracted the attention of his step-brother. Jongin was staring at them with a glint in his eyes and a smirk pulling at the corner of his lips. Kyungsoo looked on in terror. The night sure isn't going well for him.

 

 

Kyungsoo groaned as he moved to get up, letting his friends into the house. He was fussed over by Minseok for his pale look while Jongdae wondered where his family was. They did not know what was happening to Kyungsoo, and Kyungsoo intended to keep it the same way. He looked at Minseok's concerned expression, Jongdae's curious face, and gave a small smile.

 

If it’s for you
I could easily endure anything

 

"Pass!" Jongdae shouted, waving at Minseok who kicked the ball to him. Jongdae dribbled the ball to the goal post and shoot. The ball went into the corner of the goal post just as the time was up. And they won.

Minseok ran to tackle Jongdae to the ground, messing up his hair affectionally. Jongdae grinned and pulled a wide-eye Kyungsoo down into their midst. Kyungsoo only barely managed to keep a poker face on, while his body screamed at him to get off the pain-inducing hugs. He was only a reserve player, sorta like a part time cheerleader, but he resolved to get better at soccer so he could join his best friends in the field. He would have been better at soccer, if not for the injuries that covered his body. He wanted to get better at pain tolerance, he wanted himself to get stronger.

 

I wanna be stronger
Than the me of yesterday

 

The trio sat in the chapel, Kyungsoo had his eyes closed and hands clasped together. He did not believe in God, but his friends do. He did not believe in God, but he loved the peace and serenity the place gives him. Here Kyungsoo could be away from his troubles. But he knows he has to go back to them at the end, because he has no means to survive on his own. 

Kyungsoo believed in no gods, he believes in himself. He believes that he can make it. 

 

Watch over me
I can make it

 

Kyungsoo bade farewell to his best friends before walking home with heavy steps. Trudging up to his door, he opened it only to be greeted with darkness and silence.

Lucky.. He thought to himself as he tip-toed to his room. Lucky they're all asleep.. 

Kyungsoo almost jumped out of his skin when he heard the room door close behind him, lights turning on suddenly. He blinked rapidly, getting used to the sudden brightness, turning back to see his step brother. Jongin had a sadistic look on his face, running his fingers over and over on the leather belt Kyungsoo knew so well. 

Kyungsoo's legs gave out and he dropped to the floor, crawling to the corner of his room. He cowered and trembled as Jongin moved closer.

He kneeled and begged, he had nothing to lose. He doesn't care about his pride nor dignity, not like he had any to begin with.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter