You.

Emotionally Attached
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Enjoy, readers.

- - - - -

It was late at night, and Taeyeon was staying up late to watch some episodes of a drama in her small rented apartment. She was in the crappy living room before she decided to make herself some hot chocolate drink. As she made her way to the kitchen, she heard noises from the outdoor balcony. Her apartment was small, but it did had a balcony with its glass door covered with curtains. 

 

The noises were getting a little louder than before, and Taeyeon had the urge to go and check it. Taeyeon was scared, but she had to do something about it. The least she could do was quickly check if the sliding door was locked. The noises were getting scarier for Taeyeon, it was as if someone was shuffling through her stuffs outside the balcony.

 

Bravely, Taeyeon took a deep breath and made her way to the sliding door quietly. Too afraid to look outside, Taeyeon stood right behind the curtains. She brought her hand to the sliding door and touched it, slowly figuring out where the lock was. When she had found it, she immediately pushed the sliding door opened, although it was barely. She tried to open it bigger, but she then felt something, cold, under the touch of her fingers.

 

It was cold as metal,

 

but it wasn't metal.

 

It was another finger.

 

The sliding door was then pushed opened by an unknown force and Taeyeon screamed in shock. Immediately, Taeyeon closed her eyes with her hands. She was scared of whatever figure that was near her. Weirdly, she heard no noises right after. It was quiet, as if nothing ever happened that night. Taeyeon brought her hands to her chest, and slowly opened her eyes; only to found a girl standing right infront of her.

 

A drop dead gorgeous girl, just to be precise.

 

Taeyeon had to check the girl out. The girl was slightly taller than Taeyeon herself and had curvy figures, typically how every pretty girl nowadays would look like. But what wasn't typical was the skin, it was pale, beautiful yet pale skin. It was as if the girl was wearing a white paint on her body. Taeyeon looked up and met with the girl's flawless face. The girl had pale lips with a slight tint of red. There were beautiful brunette hair flowing down until the girl's chest, and it curled on every edge. Taeyeon looked up a little more and met the most gorgeous pair of eyes, but it wasn't the normal kind of gorgeous.

 

It was the kind that could your life with it within seconds.

 

The kind that you can barely see it among others.

 

The girl's eyes were abnormal.

 

Because it was red, red blood in colour.

 

Taeyeon was strucked with another shock. Almost immediately, she stumbled backwards, away from that gorgeous creature. Taeyeon wasn't stupid, she knew the girl infront of her was dangerous.

 

"W-Who a-are you?" Taeyeon managed to ask despite her fear.

 

The girl only tilted her head, looking confused with what Taeyeon was asking.

 

"W-What are y-y-you d-doing in my h-house..?"

 

"Do y-you need a-anything?"

 

Taeyeon tried her best to not scare the girl away, or more like tried her best to make sure the girl didn't scare herself more. The girl looked at Taeyeon again, but this time, the corner of the girl's lips raised a little. The girl was smiling, almost innocently.

 

Taeyeon felt something bad was coming, as the girl that stood infront of her was now walking towards her.

 

Suddenly, the girl stopped, now smiling widely at Taeyeon's scared actions.

 

"I have no evil intentions.."

 

The girl smiled even more while her eyes went small. It was breath taking, although Taeyeon knew the smile was obviously fake. Taeyeon still lost her breath to such beauty though.

 

"I'm just here because I'm hungry..."

 

Taeyeon felt her heart beat with an incredibly fast pace, so fast that maybe the girl before her could hear it. Taeyeon held her breath, right before she heard the worst sentence she had ever heard in her 22 years of living.

 

"And you happened to smell so delicious."

 

Taeyeon peed in her pants.

 

Just a little.

 

Maybe slightly over just a 'little'.

 

"Woah-! Hold up, girl. Don't pee in your pants, I'm not as scary as you think I was. I was only teasing you!" The girl, laughed as if her joke was hilarious.

 

"So you're not g-gonna kill m-me..?" 

 

Taeyeon asked, her heartbeat went slower, but still on a fast pace.

 

"Depends, but I'm super duper hungry right now. Don't worry, I don't drink on humans in a cruel way, girl. I'm very friendly!"

 

Taeyeon couldn't breathe anymore. She was sure that it was her last day, but then she thought she shouldn't die. She didn't want to die. She only had a year more to graduate from her university, she couldn't just give up.

 

The girl then was merely few inches away from Taeyeon, and was ready to devour her delicious meal.

 

Taeyeon saw a glimpse of white, shining fangs from the girl's grin before she decided to risk her life, "W-Wait!"

 

The girl stopped to meet Taeyeon's eyes and furrowed her eyebrows, "What? Come on, it hurts just a little."

 

"I-I..- You're hungry.. Right?" Taeyeon asked, uttering her words slowly.

 

"Ugh, yes!" The girl was starting to get annoyed with her prey. 

 

Before Taeyeon could tell the girl what she had in her mind, the girl suddenly moved towards her in a speed that was inhuman. Thank goodness Taeyeon had sharp eyes, or else she would have been eaten by then, "I-I have a deal to m-make!"

 

The girl stopped and looked at Taeyeon with eyes full of interest, genuinely interested in Taeyeon's deal. 

 

"If you s-spare me, I'll help you.. f-find more victims to - I m-mean drink on. I know a place, so..?"

 

The girl, or the vampire precisely, had the corner of her lips raised upon Taeyeon's suggested idea.

 

"You're something. Don't disappoint me, human."

- - - - -

"This is the SM Girls' High School Institutions, basically where I used to study at." Taeyeon didn't dare to look at the vampire girl who was astonished with the building's design and size. 

 

Soon, girls were crowding the place where they stood at, passing by them almost every minute. The crowd seemed busy, as if Taeyeon was the only one who wasn't on that day.

 

"Human, these girls smell delicious!" 

 

The vampire girl exclaimed a little too loud, thus gaining some unnecessary attentions. Taeyeon faked a smile towards the people who looked at them weirdly, and apologized on behalf of the vampire girl for being ridiculous.

 

"Don't say it out loud v-vampire!"

 

The vampire girl glared, "Tiffany. The name's Tiffany, Human. Can we go home now?" 

 

It wasn't a question, Taeyeon thought, as the said girl, Tiffany, immediately walked pass Taeyeon.

 

Taeyeon quickly followed behind while Tiffany walked to Taeyeon's car. "Why can't she just use her inhuman speed anyways?" Taeyeon whispered to herself and sighed before she looked at the girl who had an expression that said are-you-serious plastered on her face. The two of them went inside the car, and Taeyeon started the engine.

 

"Sorry to disappoint you, but I'm not like any of the vampires in the movies. I don't have inhuman speed, and I'm not even that strong. Obviously better than humans, but there's not much of a difference."

 

Hands rested on the window, Tiffany said her reply to Taeyeon's question earlier. 

 

"W-what..? How-.."

 

Giggle.

 

A cute, yet sarcastic giggle came out from Tiffany's red lips, "Forgot to mention that I do have stronger hearings than humans like you."

 

"Oh. Anyways, if you don't mind.. I would like to grab some lunch for myself." 

 

Almost immediately, Tiffany turned her back against the window and frowned, "Bring me along or I will kill you!"

 

Taeyeon's heart started to pump fast in fear. It wasn't like she had any choices, she had to agree to everything the vampire girl said, "O-Okay! Do y-you happen to like human foods Tiffany-shi..?"

 

Tiffany nodded excitedly before her eyebrows connect in realization, "Just because I'm not human, it doesn't mean I can't eat normal foods. Just what do you know about vampires, Human?"

 

"That you only d-drink.. b-b-blood?"

 

With her eyes closed, a loud sigh came out from Tiffany in frustration.

 

"Vampire's aren't devils. I eat human foods too, for god sakes I was born human! Bloods are merely cravings that apparently fulfills my hunger and strength. I get hungry for foods, I have feelings too. I'm not dead.. I-I'm just a human living in a curse."

 

It was then when Tiffany displayed emotions through her eyes that Taeyeon had never thought vampires could actually have,

 

sadness,

 

and Taeyeon saw a glimpse of lonely.

 

It was as if Tiffany was merely a human.

 

Not the devil whom we called a vampire.

- - - - -

"Oh my god, I haven't eat nor smell tteokbokki for so long!"

 

Tiffany squealed in delight when Taeyeon brought a good portion of spicy rice cakes on both of her hands. It was a little amusing for Taeyeon, as the other girl almost drooled at the sight while her eyes sparkled in excitement.

 

"Here you go, I bought one for you. Figured you would like this since this is the best tteokbokki I've ever ate." Taeyeon put the plates down, one for her and another goes right infront of Tiffany. 

 

The smell of the spicy rice cakes was so alluring that even Taeyeon herself couldn't wait any longer. Oh how she wished she could devour the food before her. She had been holding in her hunger for quite awhile, but before she could do so, her ears perked up when she heard soft sobs. Soft sobs that came from none other, but the hungry-- supposedly scary--vampire girl.

 

Tiffany had her head hung low while her hands covered her eyes. The sounds she made while crying were barely a whisper, but Taeyeon had managed to hear every single one of it. Tiffany didn't know why, why was she crying over spicy rice cakes. Tiffany had always been sensetive over small things since she was a human, but it stopped months ago since she didn't really had anyone to share her feelings with.

 

She thought she could never felt human ever again.

 

Yet that day, Tiffany started to felt alive.

 

"Tiffany..?"

 

Quickly, Tiffany wiped the remaining tears and replaced her frown with a small smile, "I just can't believe I'm eating tteokbokki again. It has been almost a year since I last eat a good food."

 

With that, the vampire girl giggled.

 

Taeyeon had her eyes widen before she coughed in embarrassment when Tiffany tilted her head, knowing she had been caught. She looked down and started eating immediately, avoiding the stare from the vampire girl. Her giggle was cute, Taeyeon thought, but later shook it off.

 

That day, Taeyeon learnt few things about Tiffany. Like how her eyes turn red only on certain situations and how her moods change abnormally. It was the obvious thing to know when she was stuck with the not-so-bad vampire girl.

 

But what she didn't knew then, was the fact that Tiffany had cried over her thoughtful gestures, not just about the rice cakes. 

- - - - -

"I get that I was the one who made the deal, but.."

 

The vampire girl had her back facing Taeyeon, and her legs were crossed. Her eyes were engrossed to the tv, where the show 'Channel Snsd' was playing. 

 

"Why are you in my house..?" 

 

Taeyeon walked towards Tiffany, who was sitting peacefully on her couch. Taeyeon carefully sat beside the vampire girl, while her hand tried to reach for the remote control. It was her tv, so she should have a control over it. She should have, but Tiffany wasn't going to let that happen as her hand took the remote control and placed it on her laps. Tiffany turned to look at Taeyeon and glared, "I want to watch this."

 

"O-Okay.." 

 

Taeyeon was still scared of Tiffany.

 

And she was more terrified when the later suddenly smiled at her, "Also, from now on, this house, will be my house too. I will live here, and you'll have to get use to my presence." 

 

"Oka-.. YOUR WHAT!?"

 

"You heard me clearly, human."

 

Tiffany simply smirked at the other. Her eyes went back to the tv, ignoring Taeyeon's presence. Taeyeon otherwise, had her jaw completely dropped and her mind was full with different, unnecessary thoughts, "Wha-.. Woah woah, woah!"

 

Not knowing where the confidence came from, Taeyeon stood up and placed her hands on her hips, "This is my house! Don't you have any other places to go? You can't just simply live in someone's house without a proper agreement!"

 

Silent.

 

The sounds from the tv show were stopped as Tiffany shut the tv off. She stood up and crossed her arms, slowly dragging her legs to stood right infront of the petite girl. 

 

"Whether you like it, or not, I will live here. You will feed me, and you will bait the girls like you promised. If you can't do neither

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter