▬ Home

An Alpha and A Raven [COMPLETE]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

--------------------------------------------

August 21st  [Rei]

After the assassination at the Kawaguchi main house in Kyoto, my grandmother and I moved to Asahikawa in Hokkaido, my grandmother’s hometown. We hid there, staying off the radar while I recovered from the injury for a year. And that’s where I also met Akaena…

On the morning of the last day before we fleet to The States, we held a secret burial for my grandfather, and finally we left the country. Spent two years and a half living with The Bane Mist Pack. Even being in The States, my life was in danger.

And finally, after three years away, I come back to the place where all the sorrows and miseries started, with my grandmother and Darius. But, I’ve re a clean slate, wanting to start new.

Deciding that the former Kawaguchi base in this town wasn’t safe anymore, we went back to my parents’ house, which was located 20 minutes to the west from the house my grandfather bought. And boy, the second I opened the front door, memories and distant echoes of laughter hit me in the gut like a freaking wrecking ball, leaving me in a blubbering mess.

I’ve left this house for 9 years, and it’s still in the same state that we left it – there’s still the homey air lingering in the house. I could almost smell my mother’s sweet spring perfume, and my father’s huge ego after every time his wife compliment how good looking he was.

For the first few weeks, I’ve done nothing but redecorated my once childish room to fit my grown-up personality. Painted the once pink walls to the color of lavender, and all that redecoration procedure. Lastly, I had packed all my teddy bears, fairytale storybook, my childhood clothes, and memories into a big box and kept it in the basement downstairs.

After my return from being captured, I had another life and death spar at the Bane Mist Pack. It was a week before we left for S.K, and this time, I had it with one of Darius’s men. Hoping that he wouldn’t get hurt as much as the first one who got stabbed by my Sai, but boy, I was wrong. Darius’s man got stabbed at the abdomen by my short Katana, to which he almost lost his life, and it was yet again my fault.

Soon after, my grandmother kept me away from physical violence, well, any kinds of violence that involves fists and weapons. And instructed me to take a walk around town, but of course, still being guarded and followed. I didn’t mind it, I needed this too – I guess.

With the time, I spent in Kyoto and away, I literally had forgotten about all the things that happened here. Deep down, I know I have forgiven him, and moved past it. I mean, yeah, my parents’ grave is sacred to me, but everyone was bound to find out about it eventually. I was just too emotional to deal with at that time.

I miss Miyu, a lot, but I don’t think she’ll want to forgive me for the things I said to her before I left. The walk even made me realized how much I miss the boys as well, they’re so fun to be around with, and they make all the problems disappear – even if it was momentarily.

I was just walking along the walk path in the park near town, with my mind drifting away; I didn’t realize I was in someone’s way until I saw a pair of pink ballet flats.

“Rei?” I look up to find Miyu standing before me with her doe-like eyes. She looks beautiful, almost glowing like beauty, and she looks happier. That’s good, I thought.

I, on the other hand, froze “Uh…Hi,” I didn’t know what else to say or do.

“You do remember me, right?” She chuckled.

I nodded my head slowly “Yes,”

She smiled “Good!” Next thing I know, she pulled me into a warm longing embrace.

I gasped; taken aback by the whole situation. “Um…”

The girl chuckled cheerfully “Just hug me back, Rei.” And I did willingly. I patted her back and muttered an apology before we let go.

Her eyes brimmed with tears “It’s all right, I was never mad or hold grudge against you. You’re my best friend, still is.” She smiled weakly “I mi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter