Chapter 2

When a cold heart thaws

She had wanted to reject it at once, as she had done multiple times before. Never do they seemed to get tired of that ing place. Today, although she had given the excuse of having classes with her private tutor, they had knocked on her apartment door, and, with innocent smiles, had asked her tutor to let her go have a good jolly time with them.


The idiot was swayed by them.


Now Momo had to pretend she didn't want to make a sour expression, as if she was being shoved a bag of lemons up . It was definitely one of the biggest challenges of her life.


Just looking at the wooden entrance painted with neon colors made her cringe. And when entering the premises, they screams and laughter she heard combined together, forming a bubble of discomfort in the pit of her stomach.


They rode several things while she took care of their stuff, citing fear of heights as her reason to not involve herself with such inane . It gained her a round of mocking that'll probably last until she leaves them.


Somehow that last thought made her stomach drop. Perhaps she was having heartburn again.


It wasn't all taking care of purses and evading to look at her surroundings. To Momo's disappointment, Dahyun suggested for the group to play carnival games, which earned her more teasing.


Knocking some bottles with a ball. Simple... Except when it wasn't. Nothing in all her years of independence (and 1 of robbery) had prepared her for this kind of thing.


She gave it three shots before passing the ball onto Jungyeon and walking behind the group, knowing that they perhaps would still be interested in the cheap prizes. Like the plushie Sana was looking at longingly.


They left without unfunfilled goals of getting prizes, but that didn't deter Sana's cheerfulness, linking arms with her and pointing to the old-fashioned (as far as 80's movies ever told Momo) 'Tunnel of Love'.


"It's a calm ride that Momo can ride."


More jokes ensued.


In the end, they rode the damn thing. And it wasn't as bad as she thought it would be. In fact, the macabre tone the blues rhythm gave to the already dark ride made her feel more at ease. After all, it could be seen as a reminder that below the cheesy and fun exterior, there was always something lurking down below. She knew that wasn't the intended effect the ride wanted you to have, though.


It made her feel calm, and in gratitude, she went back and won Sana that plushie.


At night, when she was alone, a huge gulp of emotion stuck to . She could not understand why the stupid trip brought her to tears.