Chapter 4: Silent Treatment

Journey: Unhoped For

"Oh about that, I decided that you and Daehyun should use this opportunity to amend you guys' relationship. By the way, you know that Junhong and Jongup already choose to be a roommate for this holiday. And to put Yongguk and Daehyun as a roommate is a big no no since it just gonna spice up some more awkwardness. So it left me with no option other than to put us with our usual partner", finishing his rant, Himchan put up a blinding smile towards his grumpy dongsaeng in front of him. 

Cocking one of his eyebrows with a sceptical look on his face, Youngjae voice out his other opinion, indeed still being stubborn not to room up with a certain vocalist. "Then, how about me and Yongguk hyung in one room, and you can take that fatass with you, fair enough right?"

"No way! I can't let you to be with Gukkie, he need to be with me. And i totally can't deal with those ugly bear snore from Daehyun. Only you can deal with such a nuisance, Jae. Don't drag me into it, otherwise my beauty sleep gonna tainted its effectiveness" Himchan groaning while shaking his head profusely to show how much he disregard Youngjae's option.

Youngjae only can shake his head unbelievably hear out his Himchan hyung's reasoning. He can't bear to deal with annoying Himchan when he's gonna keep up with his choice. No matter what Youngjae says, Himchan gonna twist his words and make up another thousand reasons to deny him. It has always been like that. That's why all the members perfectly aware of Himchan's persistence self and keep in their mind not to risk themselves to deal with any confrontation against Himchan's choice. However, to think that Himchan already promise Youngjae beforehand is what it takes for him to confront and demand for his promise fulfillment. Before Youngjae could say anything more to Himchan, Jongup come to them saying that the receptionist insist for them to check in and start heading towards their rooms.

Grabbing onto Himchan and Youngjae's wrists, Jongup lead them back to their little group. All the while, Youngjae shoot a glaring dagger towards Himchan who seems to be not affected at all as he explains as 'nothing big, just a bit chit chat with Jae' to a confuse Yongguk. On the way to their respected room,  Himchan turn around towards the other members and once again remind them to follow the only valid rule here. "Don't forget youngsters, to follow our rule"

"And what the rule is about, hyung?" Jongup asked clearly don't know what rule his hyung seem to constantly remind them of.

"Oh just a simple rule, which is to follow what Kim Himchan say and never ever wander around here without my knowledge especially at night"

"That's not 'a', but two rules, hyung. And why exactly we have to follow what you got to say?" Youngjae scoff clearly not understand with the self-making rule by Himchan.

"I can say what i like, kids and to think that i know this place better than you guys is what it take for all of you to follow my rule. Okay so no more question. Let's head to our room because i freaking smell like a goat right now from all this heat", leaving no rooms for any objection, Himchan tug Yongguk's wrist towards their room.

'Cocky asshat' mumbled Youngjae all the while watching Himchan walk away with a nonchalant Yongguk. Meanwhile, the other members could only shrugs before proceed to follow their hyung.

And with that all of them went separately to their rooms which are in the same floor and hallway. Himchan and Yongguk quickly enter their room numbered 104, with Junhong and Jongup on the opposite room of their's, and Daehyun and Youngjae's into the room which is 102, beside the hyung-line's room.

 

**

Clicking in the room card and push open the door to their room, Daehyun turn to his back to let Youngjae go in first. The younger has always been grumpy and only getting grumpier since he and Himchan having a secret talk earlier. Though, he is very curious to ask what is wrong with the younger, he keeps his mouth shut in order not to flame up his anger. Youngjae passed the older vocalist without a spare of glance and toss his things and luggage away in front of the cupboard. He choose the closest bed to the window before throwing himself on the bed, and close his eyes, ignoring the other human being in the same space with him in the meantime. Meanwhile, Daehyun turn to the other bed beside the bathroom after closing the room door and carefully put his things on the bed. He looks around to the interior of their room and he admit it was decent enough for them to lodge here for a week. The room complete with two set of queen bed, one television, a set of wooden table and chair, and a huge cupboard. There is also a fine bathroom with shower, bathtub and also another toileteries. All in all, the room is comfy and cozy enough for them and Daehyun really appreciate this place.

Turning around to the seemingly unfazed younger who keep stilled on his bed, Daehyun decided to start a casual remark with him. "It's good here right? The room is nice and this place is very cool. I can't wait to explore what's there in store for us" 

There's no response from the other vocalist. Not even a sound or any movement detected. Known as a person who can't take ignorance well, Daehyun try again.

"Jae, do you want to go shower first? It's not comfortable sleeping with a body full of sweat, otherwise, you're gonna stink a lot later"

Silence..

Seeing as there is not response from Youngjae, Daehyun conclude that maybe Youngjae's already sleeping. Daehyun could only sigh looking for a while at sleeping brunet before slowly rummaging through his bag to pick a new set of a V neck shirt and a short before heading to the bathroom.

As soon as the bathroom door clicked from inside, Youngjae open up his eyes. He soon hear the trickle sound of water from within the bathroom and that's enough for him to deem it safe from Daehyun for a while. He can't keep the annoyance anymore thinking that he gonna stuck here with Daehyun for a week. To add the salt into the wound, Himchan did not show any sense of regret for breaking his promise and pretending all is fine as he not the just create a week hell for Youngjae. Okay, maybe he's exaggerating right now, but hey he didn't give a damn about it.

Youngjae mentally patted his shoulder for being keen not to snap at Daehyun or starting any fight today. And he hope this will stay the way they are until this holiday ended. So, he already decided to keep the silent treatment with a shining hope that Daehyun eventually gonna give up to try speak or make it up to Youngjae.

A beep sound and a vibration can be felt from his back pocket causing Youngjae to turn his body to the side to fish out his handphone. As soon he tap the device to open the incoming message, he let out a groan seeing it was from Himchan.

 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From: Himchan

Tonight. Lobby. Food Hunting.

Whoever late should pay for all the meals :P

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------