Chapter 8: Long Way

Journey: Unhoped For

 


Daehyun take heavy and careful steps, independently navigating himself into the woods. He would never imagine himself being in the dark and menace woods, especially when he's not really of an adventureous type of person. But for Youngjae's sake, he's willing to take any risk and eventually determine to find the younger. Daehyun make his steps cautiously, avoiding all the scattered broken twigs along the ground. The last thing he need now is to got tripped into one of those twigs and ended up being injured. That would be a hassle for him to seek for Youngjae.

 

Daehyun sigh for the umpteenth time since he woke up this morning. He has long stop shouting for the younger's name, resulting a sore throat which is a bit risky for such a main vocalist like him, but he would never give a crap about those now. He doubt the younger could hear him though there's a possibility Youngjae ignore his call if he heard Daehyun by any chance. The younger has always been a stubborn person and although sometimes it annoyed the hell out of Daehyun, he admit the younger is very cute like that most of times. 

 

He was taken back to the past memory of when the younger being persistent of ignoring his call when Daehyun about his baby fat.

 

 

 

"Youngjae"

"Yahhh~ Yoo Youngjae"

"I don't mean any harm and just joking about that. You can't be so serious about it."

"Jae yaaa"

Daehyun knock on his shared bedroom with Youngjae only to receive nothing. The younger seemed truly mad when he sprint off the couch in their living room, leaving a snickering Daehyun behind rubbing his pained calf, result of Youngjae's powerful kick. 

"It's not embarassing to have a baby fat Jae ah.."

"You only looks more cuter that way"

"Youngjae~ Open the door"

"Young-"

"Yah, why are you being so noisy at times like this?", Himchan came from his bedroom across of the middle-line's. Daehyun turn to look at Himchan while exaggerating a pout, exclaimed "Youngjae lock me out. He won't answer to me hyung"

 

Himchan raised an eyebrow at this, but didn't bother to ask more as he completely aware of the two vocalist's constant banter. He move further and shove Daehyun from the door, then turn the knob.

 

Daehyun hold his protest when Himchan shove him to the side, and waited for whatever the older's doing. He let out a wince when Himchan slap his forehead hardly, causing him to stumble backwards for a few steps. Daehyun look up incredulously when Himchan hissed harshly.

 

"Yah, fool. Next time try to turn the knob first before you scream like a banshee for the whole house to hear. The door was not even locked, you !"

 

Daehyun was left dumbfounded when Himchan left him while mumbling a string of curses. He then try to turn the knob by himself and Himchan was proven right when the door wasn't locked. Daehyun feel like wanna bump his head to the wall until he can forget his foolishness. How come he didn't aware of the unlocked door? He could save his voice and his forehead wouldn't sting thanks to Himchan's wrath.

 

Daehyun sighed and pushed the door to enter the bedroom. There, in the bottom bunk, lay a figure wearing an earphone to both his ears while reading a comic and Daehyun noticed how the other abruptly turn his body to the other side as not to confront Daehyun. Daehyun called the younger name, but like before he was ignored. Daehyun wonder since when a comic is more interesting and amusing than him to Youngjae. But then, he remembered what caused the younger to ignore him in the first place.

 

"Youngjae yaaa"

"Youngjae listen to me. I'm sorry for teasing you about your baby fat. It's cute, i swear. I'm not trying to humiliate you"

"Yoo Youngjae. You brat, stop ignoring me"

Daehyun has sit beside the younger at this point in attempt to persuade the the Youngjae but the latter won't even budge. When he grab Youngjae's shoulder to turn him around, he noticed the other end of the earphone the younger was wearing isn't connected to any devices.

'So he heard me after all, yet acting like nothing happen'

"Yah, Youngjae! I know you can hear me! Talk to me Jae. Jae~~"

 

And so on Daehyun keep whining and clinging to Youngjae until the other finally relent, tired of hearing Daehyun for about 2 hours now. He only forgive Daehyun after Daehyun promised to buy him a new set of headphone and a lot of vanilla ice cream.

 

 

 

 

Daehyun smiled thinking how hard it takes to persuade the younger to forgive him. It costs Daehyun quite a lot to buy those headphone and vanilla ice creams but at the end worth it to see Youngjae smiling. But now, after what happen between him and Youngjae early this day makes him doubt if headphone and ice creams would be enough to seek for apologies from the younger.

 

He mentally furious with himself for letting all of this happened. Had he been a bit responsive last night and not just standing there dumbfoundedly, Daehyun will managed to grab the younger and take him somewhere safe. But he did not. Instead he let his best friend run away with pained tears streak all over his pretty face, leaving with resentment and most importantly, misundertanding. Daehyun shake his head to clear his thoughts. He need to be motivated as he could to endure this, to go through all of this hassle to fix them.

 

Daehyun observe his surrounding for any clue of the younger vocalist's whereabout. Surely Youngjae would not go far away right? Although Youngjae is admittedly a clumsy person sometimes, but he's also the brain of the group. He must know not to wander around in such a big woods which probably can resulting him to be lost.

 

Daehyun tried to think of possible path the younger might take when he run in here, and finally decided to keep his way straight for a safest option. Daehyun glances to his right when he heard rustling around the thick bushes near the shrub but listening to his logic, Daehyun opted to leave it at that.

 

It's a bit risky to check on what causing the bushes to rustle, and the shrub look quite intimidating and suspicious. Daehyun shrugged and continue to move further by quickening his step. The faster he find Youngjae, the better he will feel about wandering in the woods.

 

While frantically looking everywhere for a possible sight of the younger, Daehyun could feel a buzz inside his jean pocket. He fish out his phone and unsurprised to see multiple messages coming from Himchan, some of them cursing him for leaving suddenly like a madman, a few of them asking what exactly on the earth is happening and some of the messages showing his concern about both Daehyun's and Youngjae's wellbeing. Daehyun read them briefly when he made a short stop and sitting on a fallen dead tree. He makes no effort to reply to his hyung, already expecting the older gonna nag at him like no tomorrow once he do so.

 

Daehyun shocked when he checked on the current time, only to find that it's already been 4 hours since he enter the woods. Yet he still didn't find any clue about Youngjae. Daehyun try hard to calm his nerve and instead think positively for his sanity. He will find Youngjae! No matter what! He will!

 

After mentally cheering himself, he look at his phone briefly, and quite impressed to find out his network line is working even though being in such a thick woods. Well, the network icon definitely not in the full bar, but it would suffice for him to call for an emergency if needed. He lock the screen and put the phone back to his jean pocket to save battery.

 

 

 

---------------------------

Author's note:

An update as promised. I'm being lazy again (nothing unusual ><) but since last night, i put a full determination to at least finish this chapter. I'm also doing some research and yeah, writing isn't always that easy as i thought. It requires an imagination and suitability to put the word to express yr vision. Yeah, i know i'm being a naggy author rite now, pls bear with me. And welcome to my new subscribers~ hope my update isn't dissapointing ^^