Love reunion

Muse: Chronicles of a Nomad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The minute she spotted her mysterious fan making way through the crowd, Lexi met him halfway.

"Namjoon! What are you doing here?" she asked, catching her breath.

"Did you think I would miss your special day?" He stood in front of her, flashing his dimples.

Lexi gazed at the idol for a minute, perplexed: she has longed for this moment for as long as she could remember. Snapping out of her bafflement, she gasped “But how did you know?”

"I did my research" he smirked, and then addressed her in a more serious tone "So you invited Shinah but not me?"

Lexi kept staring at him for a while, trying to connect the dots. He was obviously keeping track of her life just like she was following up with his. However, as much as this sudden discovery warmed her heart, it did not stop her from snapping at him.

“Ya Namjoonah! One call, a text, or maybe a note to be delivered by Sunnie! How hard could that be?” she shouted in despair “I had to hear about your whereabouts from the media. I couldn’t even ask about you elsewhere because what kind of girlfriend will I be if I don’t even know how my boyfriend is doing?”

Lexi was aware of Namjoon’s lifestyle, therefore it was useless to question his reasons. However, she couldn’t hide her aching feelings any longer: the day he stopped answering her texts, she thought that he was gone for good.

Namjoon calmly stared back at Lexi in utter silence; he somehow anticipated her reaction. Once she quit her ranting, he quietly approached her until he could feel her breathing down his neck. Lexi felt intimidated as she felt him get closer; she wanted to step back but her legs failed her. Sensing her indecision, Namjoon put his hands on her shoulders and calmed her until her wavering vanished. He then pulled her in his embrace “I missed you too baby”.

Observing the pair from up close, Mr. Martinez speculated “First Jackson, and now this young man. She surely has a type”.

Mrs. Martinez face palmed herself at her husband’s shallowness “Don’t be stereotypical Robert. Jackson is Chinese, Namjoon is Korean”.

“Well, they’re both Asian … Wait, how do you know this fellow’s name?” he interrogated his wife.

Laughing at his naiveté, she replied “Girls talk Robert, girls talk”.

Robert eyed his wife, suspiciously wondering about what the ladies have possibly shared and kept from him.

"Oh well, let's go say hi" he suggested. The moment he walked away from his wife, he felt her holding his arm with both her hands, pulling him back to her.

"Don't even think about it Mister. They haven't seen each other in a long time; we should let them reconnect" she continued "Besides, the first time you met Jackson you scared the hell out of the poor guy. He almost ran away that night".

Remembering the incident, Mr. Martinez deviously grinned "Oh please Felicia ! He just didn't understand my humor. We became close friends afterwards".

“You became close friends because he loved your daughter so much he had to bear with your temper” she added “ You’ll have plenty of time to traumatize Namjoon later. Right now, they need to be with one another”.

Amused by Mr. Martinez’s grumpy face upon her request, she linked arms with her husband and rested

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter