Fated to love you

Muse: Chronicles of a Nomad
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Weeks went by flying as Lexi buried herself in work. With Sunnie’s upcoming debut, she gave all of her time and energy to better the quality of the releases. She met with her apprentice every day from 6 to 8 PM to discuss the lyrics along with their impact and expected significance. She couldn’t help any further with the other aspects of the album, but she gave Sunnie all the confidence and support she needed.

After concluding her coaching duties, she would take her time to freestyle new verses every now and then before going back to the dorm. Sometimes, she would write down potential song titles on the side of her binder until they came handy in the future. Her last session with her trainee depleted her; the next thing she knew, she found herself laying down on the couch for a little nap.

BIGHIT Recording Studio – 10.13 PM

Namjoon hasn’t showed up in weeks. As he was preparing for a comeback together with the rest of the BTS members, his schedule consisted of endless rehearsals: from choreographies to recording songs, add to that music video filming and photo shoots.

Leaving Lexi in charge of the office, he knew that she usually stayed up late to wrap up her work. Since his practice session finished earlier than usual, he decided to pay her a visit.

Upon entering the studio, not a single hum could be heard. He thought to himself that her ears were probably plugged while she was working, but he was surprised to find her crashing on the sofa instead. Disheartened, he stood at the end of the couch: he came all this way to see her, but he couldn’t bring himself to wake her up. From the looks of it, work must have exhausted her. His moment of confusion was cut short when her phone rung, bringing her little nap to an end.

The minute Lexi opened her eyes and saw Namjoon standing in front of her, she stood up so fast that she got dizzy while doing so. Remembering his “no sleeping in” rule, she felt embarrassed.

“Namjoon-ssi, what brings you by this late?” she tried to cover up for being busted.

“I was wondering how you were doing managing the office on your own, and I wanted to see if the place is still in one piece” he smiled deviously.

“Animnida, destruction is your strong suit” she debated “I was just brainstorming with my eyes closed, it helps me with my writing process”.

“Kwenchana. Now, we’re even” he winked at her “Care for a little midnight walk?”

Heart of Seoul – 11.35 PM

The dark night made it easier for Namjoon to walk freely in the soul city. He was wearing a gray hoodie and hiding his silver locks under the hood. During their little stroll, he brought Lexi up to date with his daily routines, his struggles and his hopes for BTS’ new concept.

“No matter how tiring it gets, it always feels good to do something you love” he declared.

“You must have worked really hard for this comeback. To be honest, I did not expect to see you return this fast” she lamented “Do you boys even rest?”

“We will rest the day we reach perfection” he reassured her.

She raised an eyebrow, perplexed by his comment “But I thought you said we can never reach perfection”.

Pleased, he replied with a genuine smile; he was hoping that she still remembered their first conversation. So many things preoccupied his mind and he was waiting for the right moment to intervene. For that matter, he needed a good listener.

As they wandered around the city, a big panel with gleaming lights caught their attention from a far. Namjoon turned to Lexi, who was too busy trying to zip her flowery jacket to cover herself from the night’s breeze but failed miserably as her fingers were numb from the cold despite rubbing her hands against her light blue jeans. Entertained by the scene, he watched her for a while before offering his help and closing the vest f

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter