A Simple Life. Nothing Special

Daydreamer

    I gather all my schoolbooks and pencils, and stuff them into a panda backpack. I grabbed my glasses and rushed out my bedroom. My thoughts were fulled with nervousness about Finals comming up soon. " Hyun Jaae !" I heard my name being called. What was the point of hurrying? We were all going to be late anyways.

   " Omma ! I'm coming !" I ran down the stairs. They seemed endless, maybe because I was carrying all my textbooks and struggling not to drop my glasses while I ran down them. I set my stuff on a table, stuffing the rest of my school supplies into the backpack. 

    I was about to walk out the door to Minwoo and Sunny when my Omma yelled, " Hyun jae ! Your lunch sweet heart, and here's your breakfeast as well.  Have a good day." She kissed my head and handed me a yellow bento box with the word "Lunch" and a pink one that said "Breakfast"

   " Kamsahamnida!"  I waved goodbye as I sprinted into the car. 

    I sighed. " Why so late today Jae ? " I starred at Minwoo. I put my finger on his lip.

    " Just drive pretty boy." I took my chopsticks and stuffed his mouth with some of my pancake. 

    " Aiiggo. This is "derricious" (Minwoo's fail attempt at English) "  He kissed his lips. Then moved his hands telling me to feed him more. I sighed. I fed him egg. " You have got to let me eat breakfast at your house Hyun Jae. Omo. So amazing~" 

    " Arrasso. Now just focaus on your driving." I stuffed egg into my mouth. He was right, my Omma's cooking was really good. The car parked and we ran out. I was late. I was late . Omo.

    Minwoo grabbed me by the shoulder. " You can't leave without giving me a hug first." He sqeezed me tightly. I blushed slightly. Minwoo was constantly asking for my hugs. It was cute. He was like a second older brother to me, and my best friend.

   " Aye ! Are you guys going to stop with the love affair? We're going to be late for History !" Those words came from no other than   Sunny. She's my favorite Unnie. We've been best friends for a long time. She's a very smart and wise person. She's very pretty, but she isn't looking for a boyfriend which to me, is insane ! Doesn't she want to ride off on a horse through an enchanted forest with her prince?

    Of course, the dorky girl who's literally blind without her glasses is me, Hyun Jae. I excel about grade level in my classes so there is no need for me to really pay attention. I spend most of my classes daydreaming about an unknown prince I'm hoping to meet in real life. 

    Oddly enough, we have the same schedule. The only difference is, Sunny takes singing, while me and Minwoo have drama classes for second period electives.

   We ran to history class barley making it . We rushed to our desks. Mr. Shim came inside and took roll. I dozed off after that.

   " Stranger ! Stranger!" I waited for the unknown prince to come for me. I wanted to leave this world. I wanted to live my life with him . I looked all around me. He was no where . Where could he have gone.. Where could my love have gone. Even though his face was blurred.. I knew.. I knew he was real. He had to be. He's somewhere in my real world. Somewhere...Somewhere out there waiting for me like I wait for him here.

   I felt a tap on my shoulder. It was him. I knew it was him. He was on a horse this time, so romantic. He held his hand out to me. " You were waiting for me?" He helped me onto his horse. " Why were you looking for me Hyun Jae?"

   " I want to know something."

    He stopped the horse. He cupped my cheek and said " Ask away dear. Anything your heart desires, I'll answer." He kissed my cheeks. Omo~ My heart fluttered. The birds were chirping a song. He got off the horse and held his hand out. " May I have this dance?" I nodded . He lifted me off the horse. and twirled me around. He began to sing. " You are my hearts desire, my one and only. I'll do whatever you wish, because you are my heart's desire, my one, true , love." His voice was so familiar, but I just couldn't remember who's voice it was. He held me close and cupped my cheeks. " What is it you ask from me lovely ? What is it you need?"

   " Tell me who you are.." I whispered.

    " I , am--"

     " Hyun Jae ! HYUN JAE!" Mr. Shim's voice ?!? " HYUN JAE!"

     " M-Mwo ?!? Oh. Can you repeat the question?"

     " When was this event ?" I looked at the board. Oh, so simple.

     "1985."

     " Correct. Class, go look at Ms. Hyun Jae's work. All she does is daydream, yet she is at the top of the class ! She's truely brilliant !" 

     I blushed. It was nice hearing this. The bell rang soon after his speech. All the students rushed out the door. Me, Minwoo, and Sunny left last. 

    It was second period, or as everyone else thinks of it, "The only time when the three bestfriends aren't always together." Sunny waved goodbye, and we drifted into our different hallways. It's simple to see, we love being together.

   " How do you do it?" Minwoo asked.

   " Do what?"

   He raised his brow. " I mean, all you do is daydream, but yet you still know everything in the class as if you were studying and paying attention the whoel time. You don't even study! I would know, because I spend a lot of time with you. Why is it you know everything haha?"

   The answer was simple. " I'm just a daydreamer." I winked. " Now let's just get to drama class before we're late."