Chapter 3

Beyond The Camera's Lens

"This doesn't look like the house in that photo Taengoo."

Sunny and Taeyeon made their way up onto the porch. With each step they took the bloor boards would creak. Taeyeon tried to open the fornt door but it was locked.

"It won't open Sunny-ah."

"You got to be kidding me. Why didn't we think of this kind of situation before we came here? We should call Seohyun." The short blonde took out her phone and dialed Seohyun's number.

*beep* "Your phone is out of service, please try again."

"I have no signal out here. Do you Taeyeon-ah?" 

Taeyeon checked her phone then shook her head. "None."

"How are we suppose to get into the house now?"

"Well, where would I be if I was a key?" She thought for a few seconds until... "Aha! Under a rug." They both looked down to their feet to see no rug in front of the door. "Nevermind."

 

Five minutes later

 

"How 'bout on top of the door?" Sunny began jumping up and down, tilting her head up to see on top of the door. "Taengoo! I seeit, i see it! Up there. It's up there." Taeyeon joined Sunny's jumping to see for herself.

"Ha! You're right. Now how do we get it down?" They suddenly stopped, stared at ech other then hung their heads down.

"Great. Once we find the key we can't get it 'cause we're too short. Why oh why were we born with short legs and arms?"

"I can try to lift you up sunny."

"I don't think that's a good idea."

"Why not?"

"I'm heavy." Sunny mumbled covering her stomache.

"What are you talking about? No you're not. Come on, then how are we suppose to get the key?"

"Mm. Okay let's do it." Taeyeon bent down to let Sunny on her back then stood back up. Sunny tried to reach for the key.

"Got it?"

"Almost."

Taeyeon turned her head to the side and swore she saw something inside the house watching them from the window but it disappeared within the next second. 'I must be seeing things.'

"Taeyeon-ah i got it. You can put me down now." Taeyeon slowly bent down and Sunny got off. "Great. Now we can get in. Ready?"

"Ready."

Sunny put the key into the lock and turned it. She twisted the door knob and pushed the door open to reveal the inside of the house. Taeyeon stepped in first. "Sunny-ah, this is amazing." A chandelier was hanging from the ceiling with hundreds of candles. The stair case was shaped into a spiral with railins on each side. Old picture frames were hung on every wall they say. With a camera ready in their hands they began taking pictures. 

The front door slammed closed. A scream could be heard. Sunny was holding onto taeyeon's arm. "Hahah, it was just the wind Sunny-ah."

"I...Oh. That scared me."

"Me too."

"We should find a place to set our sleeping bags."

"Yeah."

They turned to their left to see a room with a huge fireplace, couches, a tiny table and a painting of the Jung family. They set there sleeping bags onto the floor.

"Are we gonna sleep now sunny?"

"Mhm. We need to rest from the long drive."

"Can I look around the house for awhile?" Sunny looked at Taeyeon with worried eyes. "Nothing bad will happen i promise." She took Sunny's hands in her own. "You can come with me if you want." Sunny nodded. Taeyeon took a flashlight and they walked out of the living and into the hallway. 

"Only the first floor okay Taengoo." While walking around the first floor they found the kitchen, the laundry room, another living room, a library, a study, five bathrooms, five bedrooms and they finally reached the backyard. 

"See. Nothing bad happened."

"You know Taeyeon-ah, I'm actually surprised we haven't seen those six girls. Maybe the people were just imagining things." Taeyeon looked at Sunny to see she had a video camera with her.

"When did you bring that?"

"When we walked out of the living room. Why?"

"Just wondering if you were recording this whole time."

"I have."

They made their way back to the living room. Nothing but the sound of their footsteps and breathing could be heard. The house was still. But what they don't know was there were eyes watching their every move. They reached the living room and settled into their sleeping bags. "Goodnight Sun-" A flash of light could be seen followed by a roar of thunder. Sunny grabbed Taeyeon right away.

"Fireworks. Fireworks. Fireworks." sunny mumbled to herself. Taeyeon wrapped her arms around sunny's waist telling her everything is okay. Once Sunny was breathing evenly Taeyeon looked down to see that she had fallen asleep. 'Ahh, falling alseep in my arms. Best thing ever!' Soon she too went to sleep smiling not caring about the thunder and rain outside.


While Sunny/Taeyeon are asleep

 

Six silhouettes were gathering around the two sleeping girls. One of them spoke. "Who are they? They can't just come in without our permission. I Want to scare them. Who wants to join me?"

Another jumped around raising her hand. "Meeee! I want to scare them too."

"You can't." This one turned her head to the one jumping.

"Why not?"

"Beacuse i said so. If you don't listen i will kill you."

"I'm already dead."

"Then i will kill you again."

"Guys stop we shouldn't bother them. We shouldn't be standing by them either. They could wake up." A different one said.

"Yeah. Lets leave." The tallest of the silhouettes said.

"I agree." The shortest of the silhouettes said.

"Girls we will definitely be back.They caught my interests."

"They caught your interests? What are we gonna do with them?"

"Talk to them." 

"You mean we're actually gonna communicate with them?"

"Yes. Now lets go."

"Hey, maybe we will actually get a chance to scare them. Heheh."

"You're right. Heheh."

"LETS GO!"

"Yes ma'am" The five said in unison.

Taeyeon opened her sleepy eyes when she heard footsteps beside her. She turned around to see six girls walking out the living room and into the hallway.


Next day

 

"AHHHHHHHHH!"

Sunny and Taeyeon jolted awake eyes wide open. They sppoke at the same time. "Taeyeon-ah/Sunny-ah why'd you scream?" They stared at each other. "I didn't scream."

"Neither did I."

Footsteps could be heard in the hallway along with something being dragged. Sunny and Taeyeon's eyes became even wider. Sunny whispered to Taeyeon. "Give me my video camera and a flashlight. You get your camera and the extra flashlight. Carry one of our duffel-bags."

"Got it. Here's your stuff." Sunny started to record.

The footsteps got closer... And closer... Then...

Stopped.

"Sun-"

Sunny turned to Taeyeon and put her finger on her lips. "Don't talk." Taeyeon nodded. They turned to the hallway and stared at it in silents. Nothing came out. "Taeyeon what time is it?" She checked her watch. "It's 11:00am?"

"11:00am? Why is it so dark?"

"Because i control the weather to my liking." An unfamiliar voice answered. 

 


Can you guess which ghost is who? Please leave any comments you have down below. Thank you!