Chapter 4

If We Love Again

"Baekhyun, please just stop there."

The back of this petite figure clad in a grey hoodie and slim fit ripped jeans halted in his tracks abruptly. Tears were already forming in Chanyeol's eyes as he stared at the person who he has been chasing and finding so desperately for so long right in front of him. Even all the audience had their heads whirling to the direction of the two of them and some even craning their necks to see.

"It's really been very long, my koong..."

Tears seem to running quickly down his cheeks as Chanyeol took a step forward towards Baekhyun, with Jong Dae still behind him, staring at both of them with his mouth agape. The whole surrounding was in pin-drop silence with only sounds of footsteps disrupting the silence. Every step he took carried an amount of sadness and longing to be back with him but there was still this amount of knowledge that he knew that there was never going to be a chance for both to be entwined together again. 

 When Chanyeol finally reached Baekhyun, he lifted the microphone to his trembling lips that had a cry at the brink of coming out. His eyes blinked as he tried to held back the tears that was ready to fall like heavy rain pour. After a sigh, Chanyeol brought his head to level with Baekhyun's as he began.  

I want to take the star there and give it to your eyes

Give it with my everything inside

Sometimes I cry what if i lose you
Sometimes I feel you sleeping in my arms

I promise you on the day of first snow
I promise you, holding your hands as we walk on the day, and shout 
I love you may our hands together wouldn't know the flow of time  

Even though it was a short song, tears was already falling from Baekhyun's eyes. The low voice of Chanyeol's reminded him of the past when they were on a date and Chanyeol would sometimes bring a guitar along and sing for him. He missed that time. The occasional voice cracks in between the song felt like a stab to his heart. Baekhyun really hated to see Chanyeol being so heartbroken. Even though his back was facing Chanyeol, he could feel that Chanyeol was now smiling and staying strong while fighting back the tears that were threatening to fall any moment. He could feel that Chanyeol already had a tear-stained face. His heart broke even further as he thought how Chanyeol felt as he sang the song. The song felt like a plead. A plead for Baekhyun to stay. A plead for Baekhyun to love him again. Baekhyun wanted to just turn around and pull Chanyeol into a hug. He wanted to just cup his cheeks and place his lips onto Chanyeol's soft and plump lips. He wanted to just feel the giant's warmth and love again but he could not. He just could not. His feet stood rooted to the ground. 

He had seen Chanyeol frequently outside after their breakup and many times, Baekhyun just wanted to run to him and scare him but the thoughts of his family's strong disapproval of this relationship always came to his mind.

"Baekhyun, do you really love Chanyeol? He's a guy for god sake. I want you to leave immediately or I will sever my ties with you and pretend that you are never my son."

"Baekhyun, oh my god. Please. I thought you would get  a pretty girl like my wife. I thought you always liked a girl with long and beautiful flowing hair. A girl that is full of charms. Here you are, telling me that you like a guy named Chanyeol? Dream on. I will never accept him. Lose him or lose your family because Mum and Dad will never accept him as well."

He could not lose his favourite brother. He could not bear to leave his parents. He just did not have the heart to break any of his family members' heart and expectations of him and he had no choice to break Chanyeol's. Neither did he knew that the breakup had hurt Chanyeol so badly and even his. After they broke up, Baekhyun had locked himself up his room and cried all the day long. Sometimes he wondered whether there was a limit to the amount of tears one could shed. Sometimes he would just go into his bathroom as he let the hot steaming water burnt his skin. Sometimes he would just stay under his desk where it was dark as he took a scissors to cut his skin, letting his tears sting his fresh wounds as they rolled down together with the droplets of blood. The pain from all these just could not be more painful than him not being able to be with Chanyeol. However, after being found out by a close friend named Yi Xing, he stopped all this actions and tried to forget about Chanyeol. He thought he had done so but he was wrong because here he was weeping again because of Chanyeol. 

Just then, he was spun around to face Chanyeol who was staring at him with a sorrowful face including a forced smile. He missed staring at those beautiful chocolate brown eyes. He missed looking at those distinct ears. He missed kissing those pink and plump lips. He really missed him. But he hated him for appearing again. He hated him for being such a beautiful person. He hated to have fallen in love with him. He hated him for coming into his life.

"Koong, will you just give me another chance?"

He stared at those earnest eyes that sparkled under the dim lights in the cafe. He hated to have fallen for those eyes.

"Koong, please... I will love you forever."

He hated to have fallen for that husky and deep voice. It made him feel bad and grief-stricken because he knew there was only one choice he could do. He took a deep breath as he looked deep into Chanyeol's eyes.

"We can't be together."

He wanted to leave but was held by Chanyeol's strong grip on his arm.

"You love me, I know you do. Please... Tell me what's wrong... What did I do?"

You did nothing wrong, Yeol... You did nothing wrong...

"I don't love you, Yeol."

"I-I don't believe you..."

Yeol... Please don't force me...

Baekhyun whirled around as he looked straight into Chanyeol's eyes which had more tears welling in his eyes. He bit his lips as he took a deep breath.

"Chanyeol, I don't love you."

The words were firm and it was like arrows that knew nothing about stopping as they pierced his heart repeatedly. Baekhyun had already swung Chanyeol's arm away as he dashed off to nowhere in particular, leaving Chanyeol standing there like a fool as he looked at the shadow going further away from him. Tears began leaving his eyes, running just like water from a broken tap.

Baekhyun shut his eyes as he wiped his tears with his hands and ran as fast as his legs could carry him. Soon, his leg gave way and he fell to his knees as he buried his tear-stained face into his hands. His shoulders moving up and down and sounds of sniffs could be heard. He took a short look around his surroundings, only to realise he was at the park where he had his first date. After sitting for a while and the memories flowing back to him, he picked himself up, stumbling here and there as he made his way home. He looked at the tree with a bench under.

"Koong, how was your day?"

"Yeah fine. My boss was mean though. I really hate him. He keeps picking on me and giving me all the difficult jobs. He keeps scolding me and punishing me even when I didn't do anything wrong. He keeps threatening me to do this do that if not my pay will be cut. He keeps-"

Baekhyun was interupted as Chanyeol placed a finger to Baekhyun's lips. Afterwards, Chanyeol gently placed Baekhyun's head onto his shoulder as he pulled him closer by his waist.

"Yeol, what are you-"

"Shh... Just stay here for a moment and just enjoy the beautiful night sky."

Baekhyun smiled as he continued walking towards his house. His eyes caught sight of the familiar huge tree at a nearby park.

Their fingers interlocked as they slowly walked towards the tree.

"Baekhyun, sit here. Let me play you a song. It's called Piggy Oink Oink."

Chanyeol  slung his guitar to the front as he began streaming a upbeat tune and suddenly he stopped and began making some snorts and pig noises. Upon hearing that, Baekhyun giggled as he held his stomach.

"Chanyeol, what are you trying to do?"

Chanyeol continued to make funny faces, rocking back and forth as he made somemore pig noises and snorts. Baekhyun was almost rolling on the ground, hugging his stomach as he laughed heartily at Chanyeol. Just then, Baekhyun fell forward onto Chanyeol with his lips pressing against Chanyeol's. His eyes widened but they just stayed there for a moment until they broke the kiss momentarily.

"I love you."

"I love you too."

Baekhyun really missed the times he spent with Chanyeol. Those fluffy moments he had with him that would set his heart racing. Those serious moments where he just falls even more for him. Soon, he was back home. He began packing his things in his dusty old luggage before dragging his feet out of the house.

"Bye Yeol..."

The words seemed to timidly escape from his mouth as tears fell like a heavy rainpour.

Author's Note:

Hi! Sorry for the really really late update ;-; didn't manage to find time to post it until today :( sorry about that ><;; So here's your next part yay :D I've read it once through and hopefully I've edited all the mistakes >.< Right soooo there is one last mini special chapter that will be posted this Saturday, 29 Oct '16 :D I will be posting anytime within the day because I may noy be able to post it on time 12pm SGT again so sorry >< Stay tune my friends :D Thanks for all the readers yay :DD

P.S. Continue streaming EXO Monster MV :> Let's get EXO the 4th daesung award XD Do support CBX subunit too which will be comeback on 31 Oct '16 !! <3 This is also available on Wattpad :)