Chapter 08

Seven Guards 24/7
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Passing out numerous times and not having count the days that went by, I finally woke up feeling ‘fine’. I can still cope with the sore and brief pain every time I move a muscle or accidentally exerted pressure to the wound. Jungkook observed me when I woke up and I manage to sit myself up without help. Jin walked over to me with a box of medical stuff and I let him do the usual check.

“You’re good to go but lethargic runs in your blood, so please…” Jin says with much emphasis, “Do not overdo it.”

“Yes, thank you.” I reply.

I walk out of bed and just like Jin warned, I found it hard because I can’t put in strength to whatever I do. My feet wobbles with every step I took and it’s like having low energy level. In the end, Jungkook couldn’t watch any further, he came over and lifted me off the ground like I weigh nothing and brought me to the door of the restroom. There was no hesitation from him, not even half of a second.

Being this close to Jungkook reminded me of something, something very important and I rack my brain trying to remember what it was. With my hands wrapped around his neck, my eyes draw lines on his face, from the scar on his cheek to his high nose and then his eyes. That’s it! His eyes, those beautiful eyes where I promised myself to let him know what beautiful eyes he has got.

“You’ve got beautiful eyes, Jungkook.”

When I say the words, I feel as though this man right in front of me looked different. An aura emanated from him, something surrounded him that was unknown to me. It becomes overwhelming for me to keep staring so I looked away shyly and pressed my lips together.

Jungkook puts me down gently and my intuition told me he wants to say something so I stood there waiting for a few seconds. But when no words came out of his slightly opened mouth, he grins and turn around so that he has his back towards me.

“Wow…” Jhope says amusingly.

Yeah, that was wow. Jungkook just grinned, genuinely. And that was enough to brighten up the rest of my day.

The first thing I wanted to do was visit the garden but Rapmon seemed uncertain. Jin said it was fine and my hands flew to the medic’s arm and squeezed it with delight. He seemed abashed with the way I behave and I pulled back in a split second in case he might feel offended with a woman touching him. Having this thought in mind, I can’t help but be curious of Gotyp. So I blurted, “Are there a lot of women in Gotyp?”

V his head to the side, “Definitely not!” He answers.

“So… are all of you uncomfortable around me?” That was what I had guessed and I never expected myself to really spill the question out.

There was silence but then Rapmon stood out and explained, “No. ‘Uncomfortable’ is a bad word to link it with someone like you. Humans become curious and interested in things they have less encounters with or are unfamiliar with. Humans are animals but Men are ferocious beast, and there are temptations in them where they have to lock and fight against it.” Rapmon hits Jungkook faintly in the chest with his fist, causing the latter to look away with a distrait frown. “These temptations are deadly to women… Will that satisfy your question from before?”

“Yes.” I lie. I don’t understand it still. How is it deadly to women? If he meant to say that humans are animals then women would have to consist of those temptations as well. Female species are rare and because men do not have the frequent encounter with women, they become curious and interested in us. Is that it?

The rest of them seems uneasy about the topic so I stopped probing any further and walked very slowly – towards the garden – with them guarding around me. I haven’t seen the royal doctor these past few days and I’m starting to worry if anything bad

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter