Chapter 12

Seven Guards 24/7
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I pace around the door with an impatient heart, half excited about meeting the Gotyp guards to turnover this game that the royal doctor wants to play and the other half filled with regrets for making Rapmon bring them over. The Gotyp guards are very headstrong and the few unfortunate encounters with them brought nothing but fear and grudge.

"Everything is fine. Rapmon is good with his words." Jin came over and stood by my side, reassuring me time and again. Jin is always fast to catch any emotional change of mine. "You worry too much, it's not good for your health." He says.

I push a weak smile and Jin places a hand on my shoulder, giving it a gentle squeeze of support. There's a knock coming from the door and we knew what was to come. The rest of my guards were fast to react and engulfed me in their protection circle. I stood directly behind Jhope and exchanged a second of eye contact. When the door opens, I see Rapmon first followed by the Gotyp guards and lastly, Suga and Jungkook took the end.

I tried to spot for any hint of injuries or fights that could have occurred on any one of them but I was so thankful when I saw none. The Gotyp guards had walked into my room without putting up a fight and this just shows that I'm halfway there in getting them to open up to me.

Nobody moved and the scene before me seemed all the more eerie when 14 men stood still in this room of mine waiting for something to happen. But Jungkook broke the spell when his tall figure ventured its way in front of me. I stare into his eyes and felt nothing but butterflies. I’m fine as long as they are safe, as long as he is safe. Exchanging position with Jhope, Jungkook again, hid me behind his back and faced the Gotyp guards.

"The bastard might have suspected this." Jaebum says out of nowhere. "What do you want from us!?"

As I was behind Jungkook the whole time, I do not know who Jaebum directed his words to but I guessed much it was to me. Jungkook seemed angered by his words because he almost took a step forward to Jaebum. I had to halt him from doing so with my hand on one side of his torso.

I show myself to the Gotyp guards, "I need your help as much as you need mine."

It is only now that I got a good look at their faces. Other than Jaebum, I was unfamiliar with the rest. They looked about the same age as my guards, some of them still had bandages on from the previous incident. There came a smirk from one of the Gotyp guards, "And what will become of us after helping you?" He spoke in a challenging tone.

I have thought of it although I wasn’t sure how well they will accept it. I pinch my thigh and let the temporary pain subside before speaking, “Be my guards.” I say and immediately earned looks from my own guards. Jin, the one with the most empathy and whom I very much trusted, looked at me like I had lost my mind. But I don’t regret my words and I meant what I say.

There was a commotion coming from the Gotyp guards. Other than Jaebum, the rest of them were in whispers. “It would be great for the fourteen of you to work together.” They make a great team, they just don’t see it yet.

“You got to be kidding!” Someone from Gotyp almost lose it but was stopped by Jaebum. “Jinyoung…” He hushes and put a hand to stop s from the disruption.

I can see Jaebum considering. He doesn’t spea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter