Chapter 03

Seven Guards 24/7
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

I was really puzzled with their behaviors because after Jin treated the small cut on my hand, Rapmon started speaking to V. I catch that rapmon gave little nods to each one of them and wave them off except Jungkook. V came over to clear the broken vases and the rest of them walked away from me to stand guard at every corner of the garden. It was like in my bedroom, where they stood guard at each corners instead of around me.

So I started to read them and their formations.

I understood that Rapmon is the one to give orders regarding their guarding strategy and formation change since he’s the leader – which I remembered seeing it in the blue file – after racking my brain for a few minutes.

I also comprehend that once the leader has given orders to split the formation for them to guard at corners, it also meant that the place I am in is safe for them to put a distance between them and me. Which I really appreciate since I needed some space to myself. However, Jungkook follows me wherever I go.

I observe that whenever the formation is ongoing, he would place himself beside me, so near that our skin touches. And when the formation splits, he takes one step away. Jungkook still has an arm’s reach to me no matter how far the others are away from me.

Who can I blame? This blood of mine is the cause of all discomfort.

Although I live as a princess, I do not want to behave like one. It makes me uncomfortable to see them so bothered and having to serve me as though I am a fragile little thing that breaks with a blow.

I see V clearing the remaining mess and I went over in an effort to help. “Allow me to help.” I say and picked up one of the many broken pieces.

There was a frown on his brows and it was wiped off in a blink of an eye. He turned to face me and shook his head, all expressionless. He shows a hand to me, palm facing up in an attempt to get me to hand him the broken piece I’ve picked up.

At times like this, I behave like a princess. Authority is what I have and I’m stubborn to begin with.

So I slap his palm with the other free hand of mine and V chuckles. His laughter didn’t last long, it wasn’t loud too but I had catch on and it surprises me nevertheless. He looks better with a smile on his face though but I guess being a royal guard makes you all serious and strict. 

The time spent in the garden was half torture half pleasant. The torture came when I felt eyes on me and although I know that these stares come from my guards, I still can’t get used to their presence. Pleasant was because I was doing things which I enjoyed. I love the nature, the flowers and I love planting.

Jungkook simply walked where I walked and watch what I did. From time to time I get goosebumps at my back when I almost forgot he was there but then when I turned to get more soil, I would come face to face with his chest. Of course I stumbled after bumping into nothing but hard muscles. He was nice enough to steady me with his hands on my shoulders though. Although it’s a big crime to lay hands on any of the royals. But I figured the rules don’t apply to personal guards.

A step away makes no difference. Not that I want to complain. I just can’t get used to the change.

There were footsteps coming towards the garden and most of the days at this timing, I’ll be heading back to my quarters. So I decided to see what was go

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter