Homework, Homework!

Little BANGs
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was an unusual atmosphere at the Lee Family’s living room. The air was heavy and the only thing could be heard was the sound of someone writing something on the paper with the pencil. Little Seunghyun glued his right cheek on the table while observing Big Seunghyun’s hand movements and face.

He pouted. He didn’t expect Big Seunghyun to take care of him when his parents went to the hospital to check his mother’s belly. He preferred the other three –Daesung, Jiyong and Youngbae- to babysit him as he knew Big Seunghyun was strict with the time. Little Seunghyun just finished with his math homework and Big Seunghyun was correcting the paper. The younger was supposed to work on his Hangeul, but he was bored already.

“Seunghyun-ah? Have you finished the spelling?”

The sudden call of his name made the shorter kid sat straight. He grabbed his pencil fast and stuttered, “N-no. Fi-f-five more, Hyung.”

Big Seunghyun glared at the younger and he averted the older kid’s gaze. “At this time you will miss Taekwon V, Seunghyun-ah. Your mother told me to look after you and help you with your homework,”

The younger pouted at the thought of missing Taekwon V. He wanted to rest a little and played, like he usually did with his Daesung Hyung, Youngbae Hyung or Jiyong Hyung. However, he remembered that he never finished his homework whenever they accompanied Little Seunghyun and he ended up to do it with his even-stricter mother.

He drank the orange juice his mother made for them. He tried to focus on his homework, but after two more numbers, he gave up. He put his pencil again on the table and stared at Big Seunghyun again.

“Hei, Seunghyun-ah,” The older called him. “You always make a mistake when you work on the long questions.” Big Seunghyun sat closer to the younger and pointed the mistake. “You know, when you add the last digits together and it exceed ten, you need to remember that you have a ‘saving’ and you put the extra number to be added to the tens. You have learned that, haven’t you?”

Little Seunghyun stared at the paper and he nodded. He heard Big Seunghyun’s explanation but he was tired already that he couldn’t focus anymore.

“But other than that, you did a good job!” Big Seunghyun caressed his hair and a faint smile was on his face. But still, he didn’t want to hear anything about homework anymore.

“Hyung. I’m tired,”

Big Seunghyun seemed surprised with the words coming out from the younger’s mouth. He took a look at Little Seunghyun’s book and read the words he had made. There were some mistakes on the last number he did. “You’re tired? But you have two more, just two more numbers, okay? You did well but you put the wrong consonant here,” Big Seunghyun pointed the mistake. “It’s supposed to be ssang siot instead of one siot. Hem?”

“But if I have to do this and correct my math homework, we will miss the Taekwon V, Hyung!” Little Seunghyun whined.

“You won’t if you do this fast! You want to have a good grade, right?”

“But I am tired. Could we rest for a while?”

“You said that before you did your hangeul, and you broke your promise when you said ‘just for a while’, Seunghyun-ah. “Let’s do this fast!”

The commanding tone was Little Seunghyun last string, and it snapped. He stood up all of a sudden and screamed. “DO THAT FAST, DO THIS FAST! I HATE HOMEWORK! THAT’S WHY I WANTED TO STAY IN KINDERGARTEN!”

“Why are you screaming at Hyung? You know it’s not polite, right?” Big Seunghyun stood up too and put his hand on his hips. “Hyung did this because your mother said that you always spend your time watching TV instead of doing your homework. Do you realize that you will be a bad oppa in this rate?”

Little Seunghyun froze. He was upset, sad and tired at the same time. Seunghyun Hyung was right, he would be an oppa in few weeks and his mother always said that he had to be a good oppa for his little sister. He looked at the taller kid in front of him. He always looked up to his Hyungs. When he said that he wanted to stay in kindergarten, he’s lying. He always wanted to join them in elementary school. But it’s only the homework that he couldn’t stand.

Seunghyun Hyung and Jiyong Hyung excelled in art class, while his Youngbae Hyung even won some dance competition. His Daesung Hyung was a member of a kid

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter