Goodbye Puppy

Happyland

A month had past and Vernon had become more of a good guy. Obviously Soonyoung had gotten jealous and was clearly showing that. He made Vernon fall, complained and looked at him with death glare. Every time it happened I had to talk with Soonyoung or even tell him to leave. Vernon was now like my puppy. You hurt my puppy, you hurt me. Today Soonyoung wasn’t here because I told him that he got banned from here during this hole week.

”Can we go out and eat today? It was so long ago we did that!” ”Work first, then we can talk dinner.” I could hear that boy sigh so I walked to him and patted his head. ”Take that table with the girls, it’s look like they are checking you out. Latest the amount of girls have raced. I think it’s because of you so take care of your mess.” I jokingly told him. He nodded and went to the girls. New customers came in. It was Seungcheol and a guy. I recognized his face, he was probably at the wedding from last month. I went to their table. ”Don’t be so hard on Soonyoung! I don’t really have time to go here to check for information. ” I took out my notebook and pen. ”If you teach him to not bully Vernon. So the usual I guess?” ”The usual” I looked at the other guy. ”I’m sorry, I think we have never greeted before, my name is Jayden.” ”I know. You always help Hoshi with his work even thou you are not a part of our team.” ”He ask me a question and I answer him.” ”Then answer this, who was the guy with the gun?” I knew he meant from the wedding and he wanted to show how useless I was. Because Minghao wasn’t the guilty one. ”It wasn’t Minghao or me, that’s for sure, but if you really want the answer so bad… Why not just go and ask every one that attended that wedding? And beside being rude and showing me no respect under my roof, I prefer if you at least could tell me your name. It would be easier to greet you next time.” ”Why would we meet again?” I went closer to him. ”Because I see what you don’t see. I’m the hidden ace that people want.” Then I stand straight up again and cleaned my throat. ”So for the handsome man a Mocha and for his rude friend…?” The guy sighed. ”Call me Jihoon, and I’ll take the same.” I let out a fake smile before I went back. While I was making the drinks I heard how new customers came in. ”I see, you tried to make the pulp a good guy. He will betray you, did you know that sweetie?” I sighed and turned to face Wonwoo who had Minghao standing next to him. ”If he want to leave me he can leave this place right now.” Wonwoo smiled and turned to call Vernon. ”Vernon! It’s time for you to leave this place. It’s time for you to go home.” All the eyes was on Vernon who wash chocked. The boy looked at me and I give him the nod that it was okay. Vernon went over to us and then he pointed at the door. ”I’m afraid you have to leave with out me.” He looked down at the floor. ”Are you kidding me?” Wonwoo start to laugh in disbelief. ”No.” I could see how Wonwoos anger become bigger and so could Minghao see. ”Wonwoo, calm down. Let’s come back another day and take care of it.” He nodded at Jihoon and Seungcheol. Wonwoo turned around and saw them and then back at me. ”Where is your boyfriend?” ”He isn’t my boyfriend and he isn’t allowed to be here.” ”Oh my, how come?” Wonwoo seemed to calmed down fast. ”He bullied Vernon.” Minghao let out a small laugh. ”Ey, Vernon! Do you let yourself get protected by this girl? You seem to only become more wea-” I held a knife against Minghaos throat. ”Rule number one, never talk bad about people around me.” ”Go ahead, you wouldn’t dare.” I knew he did this to provoke me. What he didn't know was that I had my water bottle under the desk so I took it and poor it over him. ”Please leave now before I call the cops again. I think Wonwoo remember how it went last time?” Wonwoo gave me a final death glare before he and Minghao leaved the shop.

”Call me if they keep show up.” Seungcheol said. I went over to his table and gave what him and Jihoon had ordered. ”Don’t worry.” ”And I thought you wear an ace.” ”Well, I saved someones father at that wedding, what did you do? Oh, now when we are talking about that, did you know there was people who told me to give you a drink with poison in? I could have killed you that day so stop being rude.” I went back to next table to clean up after some customers who had left.

After we closed the shop it was time to leave. ”If you drive us to a restaurant the treat will be on me.” ”Sure!” We walked to his bicycle. I took my seat and we took off. At the restaurant we talked about all kind of things until he got quiet and looked serious. ”You want to go back huh? It’s okay.” ”No, I just don’t want to be weak anymore.” ”First of all, you have to show that you are ready to kill them any moment. No emotional touch, that will bring you down. For example, if anyone would tell me to pick over money or you, to be honest, I don’t know what I would pick.” Vernon nodded. ”You are like them.” He suddenly said. I looked at him. ”What?” ”Like Wonwoo and them. No emotions. Don’t really care for me. Could leave me any day with out a second thought.” I petted his head. I know why he seemed sad. He still felt betrayed from that day Wonwoo leaved him in my hands. ”Remember, that guy who leaved you also came back for you.” Vernon looked at me. ”If he truly didn’t care of you he wouldn’t got so upset over that you didn’t want to go back with them.” I took Vernons hand. ”But remember, if you ever have trouble or so I will always have my door opened for you.” Then I patted his head. ”Stop treating me like I’m a puppy!” ”But you are my little puppy!” I joked with him.

When we was done we went out. It was raining. I pointed at a local store. ”Let’s buy umbrella from there.” With a nod we both ran there and bought an umbrella. I Held it over us while Vernon lead his bicycle. Suddenly I got a bad feeling. I opened my cushion foundation and checked the mirror. I spotted a guy… No… It was two… Wait, was it another one or was it the same as before? How many was them? ”Stranger-danger.” I said as I put back my cushion foundation. Vernon start to look behind us. I hit his head. ”Stupid! Now they know that we are aware of them!” ”Jump up.” He said coldly. ”You won’t make it if they is wearing guns.” He looked at me with a smile. ”I guess we have to find out that. As you said, Wonwoo came back for me. He can’t kill me.” I tossed away the umbrella and jumped up. ”THEY ARE GETTING AWAY!” I could hear someone yell. Vernon hurried up. He drove fast and it didn’t made it easier with the rain. He drove down on stairs and I fell off. Vernon stopped and went back to me. ”Are you hurt?” My arms, hands and legs was bleeding. ”Go! Leave me behind! Show no emotion!” ”I already at that. So just shut up.” He helped me stand up, then the other guys came. ”Vernon, I’ll say this one more time. Come back.” ”No.” One of the guys throw a stone at Vernon. I took that stone and throw it back at the guy but Minghao watched that stone. ”Why don’t we just leave Vernon and just go for the real problem? What do you say Josh?” ”Good idea…” ”Jay, take the bicycle and leave. I will hold them down.” ”Vernon!” He looked at me. ”We both know that it’s checkmate if both stay here. You are the king in chess. I will gladly offer myself to help you. You can easily leave me behind. Like you said, no emotion.” I cried when I picked up the bicycle and went away. I hurried up tried to not think of my emotions. When I was brushing away tears I bumped into something and suddenly I fell down. I had drive from a small hill and was now in the water. I couldn’t swim away, I was too weak. I felt how I was going to drown…


I opened my eyes. I was tied up at a chair and in front was Vernon laying on the ground with scratches. They had beat him up real bad. ”Vernon?” I whispered. A tall guy walked in. Not as tall as Mingyu, but taller then me. He took out a gun and aimed at Vernon. ”You betrayed me. Not only once, but twice. Any last words?” ”Jayden, I’m sorry.” BANG. No more Vernon. No more life in that boy. My emotion shut down. I looked at the guy with the gun. ”I think we haven't exchange names.” The guy walked over to me. ”My name is Joshua. You are now going to work under me.”