Meet for the First Time

Behind the light

August 2007

Victoria’s POV

Amber and I walked to the SM’s building because it was not too far from our dorm.

“So, what do you usually do in the training time?”

“Hmm.. we usually practise everything. From dancing, acting ‘till singing. But, today we will practise dancing. Are you good at dancing?”

“Well, i’m from a dancing school in Beijing, so i will say that my dancing is good enough” i raised my eyebrow.

“Good to know. By the way, i will introduce you to my friends later. They all are fun to be with, however they dont know how to speak chinese though. If you know how to speak english, there is one person that can talk with it.” Amber explained excitedly.

Don’t want to embarass myself, i just nodded at her.

Arrived at the practise room, that is actually on the second floor. I saw many people, but one thing that i can conclude by looking at them.

They are very young. How old are them? Am i the oldest person in this room?

“Amber...” i called her” How old is the average of the trainee here?”

“i think its about 14 years old. Don’t think about it, age is ... what is it in Chinese?” She stopped to think ” Ahh.. age is just a number, Vic-unnie”

Then, she just dragged me to a group of girls, exactly 3 girls. All of them are very young and short, i think i am 20 cm taller then them. But, one of the girls is very .. differemt. She is the only one that is not really interested with what Amber said to them. I tried to make an eye contact with her and focus to me by staring at her. Suddenly, she turned her head to me and looked at me with her beautiful eyes.

Wait, did i just say her eyes is beautiful? Stop it Qian, she is still an underage.

But, after a second, she focused to other things again. Try to forget it, i paid attention to anything that Amber said to me.

“Vic- Unnie, they are my friends. We usually grouped together and i think you will join us soon. The one with the bright smile is Luna, the one with 2 ponytails is Sulli, and the last with cold attitude is Krystal. It takes a long time to her to warm up to you. So, dont take it to your heart okay.” Amber explained them one by one

Both of Sulli and Luna want to know me better and used Amber as translator. They asked me many things from where am i from, why decided to go to korea, and how  old i am.

Before answering them, i whispered to Amber. “How old are they though? They all seem very young”

“Because they all are very young. Luna is the oldest among them which is 14 years old and the others are 13 years old”

Exactly, only 13 years old, she is too young for you Qian....Wait i still think about it?

“Woah you guys all so young. Explained to them that i am the oldest person here Amber” while i rolled my eyes.

They talk to each other for a minute and turned their heads to me. Then , they just called me something that sound like oma??

Who is Oma? Are they calling someone??

Seeing my confused face, they pointed to me and said it once again.

“Me??” pointing my finger to me.

“Yeah Vic-unnie,that is our nickname to you. Omma is Korean language for mom”

Just because i am the oldest, you guys already called me mom huh.

Finally, the dance teacher entered the class and begin the practise.

4 hours later.

I lied down the floor and tried to bring my breath back.

My god the practise is harder than i expected.

Then, someone looked at me from above and said.” I thought you are a great dancer ,Vic-unnie” Amber asked me.

“ I don’t know that you guys do hip hop too. I learned the folk and classic dances,  of course i cannot do hip hop.”

“You can do it with more practise OMMA” She teased me again.

“You just knew me and already teased me many times huh?? But, where is the others?” i stood up and tried to search for the others.

“Because you are too slow, they left us first. We will meet them on our usual food stall. Lets change our clothes and join them”

We changed our clothes and went to the food stall. She said that the food snacks in Korea is the best, and i should tried all of them.

“Vic-Omma, finally you came here. Why took you so long?” Luna pouted while asking me

Damn, i have to get used to be called an “Omma”.

Well, i need time to change clothes okay? So, which one is the best snack here?”

Amber translated what i said to them.“Vic-Unnie, you should try this. It called as ddeokbokki. It is made by rice cake, a little bit spicy but it is delicious!” Sulli tried to make me it this weird snack.

Surprisingly, the snack is delicious and i cannot get enough of it. Although it is a bit awkward at first and Amber has to translate our conversation, I like it. It felt like what happened in China when i hang out with my friends.However, there is something strange. Why Krystal did not talk to me?

“Amber, Is Krystal hate me? Why she did not talk to me?”

“Ahh.. No, Vic-unnie. She always does that. Krystal needs time to be friendly to new people”

Ohh.. Okay. She is a cold princess,huh. I have to make extra attention to make her like me. Wait it is not that kind of like. But, she is very beautiful. I bet she will be more beautiful when she grew up. Her eyes is so pretty. Her smile is so contagnious. Her........... Oh My God, Stop it Qian!!