Start!

Behind the light

August 2007

*red is in Chinese, blue is in Korean, Italic is the mind's talk

Victoria’s POV

So, welcome to South Korea Song Qian.” Said the woman who accompany me to take plane from China “What do you think? There is not many difference, right?”

“Not really.... I think” beside i dont have any friends and family here.

“It’s okay, you will be comfortable after a few months. She tried to comfort me “ We have half an hour for the meeting. We will go to SM’s building to introduce you to our president, Lee Soo Man seonsaengnim. Then, we are going to your dorm to drop your things before you join the training at 4 p.m.”

Oh My God!! The first day in Korea and i have to join the training already.

“Okay.” I tried to hide my tiredness.

On the way to SM’s building, she taught me how to introduce my self in korean. I think it goes like annyeonghaseyo Song Qian-ibnida, manaso bankabseumnida. Either way she told me to smile brightly when i meet him.

In the SM building..

First impression of SM building is not bad. The building is pretty new and i think that it will be exciting to train here.

“Let’s go! Lee Soo Man – seosaengnim already waiting in the upstair”

We use lift and i dont know why but i feel nervous and afraid to meet the president.

“Here we go, Song Qian. Don’t forget to smile,okay?” said Lee Bora

Okay, here goes nothing Qian. Jia Yo!!!

Opening the door , i tried to show my best smile. The president is sitting in his seat and looks like working at some papers.

“Sajangnim, here is Song Qian. The one i told you before that is from China.” Lee Bora introduced me

She give me a signal and i said with my broken Korean  “Anyeonghaseyo, Sonq Qian – ibnida, manaso bankabseumnida”

Lee Soo Man is surprised and smiled to me “ Oh i don’t know that you can introduced yourself in Korean already. That is impressive.

Don’t know what he actually he said, i tried to make eye contact to Lee Bora. She sensed and translate it for me.  Feeling embarassed that i got compliment by my korean. I tried to explain that i only know Korean to that extend.

After that Lee Bora and the president continued the meeting with only korean, so i dont really know what they actually talking about. For 2 hours, i just sit like a child waiting for her parents talk about your future. Suddenly they stood up and hand shaking each other. Don’t want to feel left out, i also stood.

“Okay, so bring her to her dorm which a chinese trainee in it. I think it will be convenience for now,seeing she does not know anything about korean. Oh!! And dont forget to tell that her name in korea will be victoria. It is because she always win the competition, right ”

“Yes sajangnim, i will do it right away” Lee Bora answered.

She told me to bow and we left the president’s room. She told me that we are going to my dorm and i will be live with chinese person, i somewhat relieved about that. However, she told me something unexpected that i thought will not happen this fast. She said that she will going back tomorrow so she have to leave after accompany me to my dorm.

“What!!! You said that i will be alone after we arrived to the dorm?" i exclaimed

“No,Song Qian. I already told you that there will be a trainee that can be with you afterwards. You also need to prepare to your first training that will be started ..” she looked at her watch “ 2 hours from now. We need to hurry up.”

We took taxi to my new dorm and once i feel nervous again.

I hope that i can make friend and feel comfortable at the dorm.

When we arrived at the dorm, i am not surprised. It was a small apartment and just for sleeping only. Knocking the door,we wait for someone to open the door. Surprisingly, the one who opens the door is a guy.

“Ehhh... I think we got the number of the room wrong Lee Bora” I asked Lee Bora.

“No, it is not. This is actually the right room.... Song Qian-ssi.” He said

Wait... What!! I will be in the same dorm with a guy?? No one told me about this.

Then,Lee bora whispered me something. “ She is a girl, you know” . I cannot hide my surprised expression and i think he... or she know it.

She giggled and said” It’s okay. I already got that pretty much all the time. So, lets get in”

My assumption is right the dorm is very small. There is no living room as it changed to the kitchen and one room with a bunk bed. “ I take the upper bed. You can take the lower bed” My roommate said.

“Well, because my job is done i will take my leave now. Enjoy your trainee live, Song Qian, Lets meet again when you debut” I hugged her and waved her goodbye outside the dorm. Suddenly, she grab my shoulder and said “ Oh, i forgot to tell you. Your name in Korea will be victoria. The president said that because you always win the competition. So, dont forget about it and embrace your new name. Jia Yo Victoria!!!” and then she left the dorm.

Victoria.. It is a pretty name . I like it .

Going back to the bed room, i begin to unpack my things and look that i still have one hour before the scheduled training time.

“Wait, i think i forgot to introduce myself. Hey Song Qian, my name is amber, an american born chinese and i’m 14 years old.. will be 15 in couple of months. Nice to meet you”She introduced with smile in her face

Oh My God, she is only 14 years old. Okay i feel really old right now

“Ermm... I’m Song Qian, as you know i am from China. I’m 20 years old.” I introduced while try to hide myself.

Oh Gosh, im sorry. I thought you are a same age as me. Sorry for my unpoliteness Song Qian Jie” Amber flustered and babbling broken chinese.

I think she does not use chinese after a long time, her chinese sounds weird.

“Its okay, it just a misunderstanding. Oh, you can call me victoria. It is my korean name”

“Alright, Vic-Unnie” while she saluting me.

She looked my expression and explained that unnie is korean for older sister.

“Unnie, it almost time to go to practise. Lets prepare and i cannot wait to introduce you to my friends. There are 3 friends that you will absolutely love. But i will give you a hint, all 3 of them is younger than me.” She sticked her tongue out and ran away for me.

Nice.. i think i will be the one to take care the energetic teenagers in Korea.


Author’s note: So here is the first chapter. What do you think about it? Is the pace is too slow? And please wait for the appearance of Krystal. She will appear in the next chapter . Please leave comment and dont forget to subscribe.